iPad Final Fantasy Tactics: The War Of The Lions - (by Square Enix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Aug 3, 2011.

1. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    woah? Wth? Wasn't there like 150 posts? Let me guess, more price complaints? :rolleyes:

2. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    mods merged those posts to the upcoming section

3. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Many were shunted to the price whining thread in the General forum.

4. spockgold007

spockgold007 Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2011
    death star
    will have to beat it before school starts :)

5. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    damn i was really hoping for some really sharp graphics but i do come out pretty disappoint. I've never played the PSP one so I can't really compare. I just wish they were... more beautiful to look at =\

6. MarkHerm

MarkHerm Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Germany
    Out in europe :D

7. MissDjax

MissDjax Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Horrible graphics... Why can't they just make it look sharper ?! on retina display it just looks abyssimal ...

8. Kronusdark

Kronusdark Member

Dec 16, 2010
    iOS Developer
    MissDjax, you must have not played this on the ps1, from what I have seen from the videos, this looks sharper than it was back in the day, and I had no problem dropping $50 on it then.

9. commish

commish Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Looking sharper is the problem.

10. sacley

sacley Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Is there any new content or is it same as the PSP version?
    How many party character slots do we have?:confused:

11. Loganaustin

Loganaustin Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
  12. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    #92 Cilo, Aug 4, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
    They can make it gigantaur for all I care, I'd clear 4gb for this game if they retain all the cutscenes from the psp version. And regarding the price, the music alone is worth admission, listen to that epic score!!!

For those that are complaining about 700mb, or price, or any number of things - I am sorry to say but I can't relate to you and your problems. We are entirely coming from different perspectives in videogame values (if that even exists lol). Please go back to your .99 flashgame apps, because I doubt you'll ever understand what you're missing.

13. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    Well the visuals are not a problem, but the text is, it looks f awful. another point are controls, why not making confirmation by double tap or tap on the needed menu item instead of that unconvinient ok button. Also elements of menus are too small.

14. tfobf

tfobf Active Member

Nov 1, 2009
    bulding cpmputers
    canada
    Well, this is disappointing, on an iphone at least. No retina graphics, not even on the menus make everything a blurry unreadable mess. I don't know why they even bothered to release it like this, so they can bump up the visuals in 6 months and get another surge in sales? Who knows. In any case the game itself is almost identical to the PSP version (not the PSX one) and would be perfect if the UI were bigger and the graphics were retina. As it is right now it's not worth the price tag.

15. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    im sure this will get patched up...that stuff is pretty simple to fix, they gotta understand not all of us have perfect 20/20 vision. LOL

16. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    I understand perfectly what I am missing. A RTS. Quite possibly the worst genre of video game ever concieved. I don't care if this was the Holy Grail of the RTS genre (For many, it is). It's still an RTS. Different people like different stuff. Personally, I would not buy this game for .99c. I probably wouldn't even download it for free. But, hey, that's just me. I've sampled this game before, obviously. I has been around for a very long time, after all. It don't do a thing for me.

17. Abisco

Abisco Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    On the internet.
    This is a TBS, not RTS (Real time strategy)... RTS is like Starcraft 2 / Starfront

18. BBD

BBD Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    Reno, NV
    More SRPG, really.

19. tfobf

tfobf Active Member

Nov 1, 2009
    bulding cpmputers
    canada
    RTS stands for REAL TIME STRATEGY. This is a TURN BASED game, therefore it is NOT AN RTS.

Now leave, you simpleton.