Universal FINAL FANTASY VI - (by SQUARE ENIX INC)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Feb 5, 2014.

1. amandarose

amandarose Active Member

Aug 26, 2014
    I am Final Fantasy fans, so insta-buy!:p

2. Gokunama

Gokunama Member

Dec 18, 2009
    So I have just gotten the Falcon, but I can't figure out how to land it. The up/down arrows don't help me land, so how do I land?

3. Gokunama

Gokunama Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Any help for the above question?

4. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    You should just be able to touch anywhere on the screen, I think. Is the area you're trying to land in open? The Falcon can't park on trees and stuff.

5. Gokunama

Gokunama Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Got it! I had to touch the airship itself to land!! Gah!! So easy...

6. Kour

Kour Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2009
    This deserves a bump aye.

7. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    What about it m8?:)

8. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
  9. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    All good, a classic like this is never above a bump.

10. Oh Snaplez

Oh Snaplez Member

Aug 20, 2015
    Hey guys, im debating over buying a final fantasy for my phone. I have never played any of them but people say this one is the best. Would you guys recommend this one? Also does it run well on ios 9, iphone 6?

11. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    my suggestion would by 9 which just released. 7 runs well, but they put more effort in to polishing up 9 visually, gamecenter wise, etc. 9 is like the result of a one night stand between 6 and 7 heh.

12. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

In my opinion, I believe this is not only the best FF game, but easily one of the best RPGs I've ever, ever played and I've been gaming since the 80s.

I find the story has humor and levity that is sorely missing from 7-whatever. The storyline will hit your heart, and it's a beautiful exploration of how complex they were able to make games in such an incredibly tiny space.

But it also depends on your joy of exploration, it's a bit different here than in the later games, due to sprites over polygons, and I'm not HUGE on the smoothing they've done with the graphics, but it still leaves a hell of a game (especially with Espers... holy crap) to be loved and enjoyed.

13. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    i think you may be confused which final fantasy thread your posting in. or im confused with how you worded things :)

14. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

I could be confused, my brain is all over the place :)

I am a huge fan of 3/6 and although I thought 7 was okay, I found they were lacking in the joy and excitement, and colour!, of 3/6.

Don't get me wrong, the cutscenes in 7 are great, and are mind blowing in 8/9 but there's a charm, a charisma, a huge level of love from everything, especially the translation, that I never felt in another FF game. I've bought 6 at least 5 times (my original copy, a replacement copy for my SNES, GBA, PS, and then iOS) and I've never felt that draw for the other games.

15. Styrixa

Styrixa Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    PA, USA
    Has this been answered?

16. Styrixa

Styrixa Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    PA, USA
    Is the King of the Beasts achievement of collecting all the Rage abilities impossible? Can you collect Siegfried and Typhon? Can you get the achievement without collecting them?

As a side comment, I am glad the achievement for collecting treasure chests was only open 80% of chests. That's much more reasonable. It would be nice if the Rage achievement was similar.

17. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Exactly how I feel about IX and III. But I've also picked up VI a while ago and been enjoying it.