Final Fantasy VI coming this winter

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by iANiMeX, Oct 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SherlockEB

SherlockEB Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 22, 2013
    It is gonna be so amazing to train Gau again.
    And seeing dreams with Shadow.
    Ok I'm too excited. Bring it already.

2. covcomm

covcomm Member

Nov 25, 2013
    Beat rush! Oh man I can't wait!

3. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    7 was assumed because......it's a fact. The majority of FF fans' favorite game is 7. It was so well done for its time it bordered on excessive.

.....and let's be honest. FF4 is great but it's nobodies favorite. :p

4. florhackson

florhackson Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Majority of fans I know prefer 6 to 7

And I don't want 7 on here. Not until they upgrade it. And it would take a lot of money for them to upgrade it to HD, reduced polygons, etc.

For me, it goes 6, tactics, 4, 9, 7, then 5. Besides my love for 7's material system, and knights of the round. I prefer the story for the first 4 I listed.

5. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    First Screenshots from iOS version

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    This is my far the best FF ever made, a lot of people say FF7 but that's because when it came out it reached a wider market with the Playstation plus it was a lot of people's first FF title.

I have played every FF up till 7 including the Gameboy ones and the FF Legend game, bottom line this is a true classic I'll be getting it as long as the keep my sprites and don't turn it into 3D

7. dingdongfootball

dingdongfootball Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    As a true FF fan I'll go ahead and say 6 is better.

8. Rubyjourney

Rubyjourney Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Agreed.

9. dingdongfootball

dingdongfootball Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Exactly.

7 made the series ten times more popular than it already was. 4-7 are my personal favorites. After 10 I just feel like something was lost in the aesthetic that all the older games had but I'm probably just old now.

10. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Rockstar ported more recent games. They didn't need updated graphics to be on a par with current games on the AppStore.
    As much as I like FF7, it's an ugly duckling. If they want to do it with 2d sprites, I'm in. If they want to update the graphics so it's not so hideous, I'm in. A port of FF7 would look incredibly dated. It hasn't aged gracefully. That said, I'd still buy it.
    Much more excited for 6 though.
    While we're rating the series I'd say 6 and 4 are my favourites. Followed by 7 and Tactics.
    Anyone know if we'll be getting the opening cinema from the PS remake of 6?
    It's not great, it was an alright addition though.

11. ImJPaul

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    Well 11 was an MMO. Meh. 12 wasn't true to the franchise but I think 13 was FF's redemption. Very good.......but doesn't compare to 5-10 IMO.

12. ImJPaul

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    I'd imagine we will? Say what you want about Square. They're pricy, don't update, whatever. They make excellent, high quality ports that I have no problem paying top dollar for. Since they're spending the time cleaning it up and giving us better visuals they'll probably stick that in there. I just can't wait to hear the soundtrack again. Ito did such a great job on this one.

13. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    This will be an awesome port for sure. For those out there a little younger who love FF games and RPGs but never played FF6, you are in for a real treat. When you hear the music in this game your jaw will drop, its a freakin 16bit symphony. Im dissapointed that I played this on my ipad already with a ROM recently and wont be able to experience the enhanced graphics and likely debugging they did. Serves me right for being impatient.

Bottom line, brace urselves for a staggering price for this, maybe even $20, I wouldnt put it past them. But its probably worth it for old and new fans alike for such a great game.

14. ineptidude

ineptidude Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Trees
    USA
    Don't be so sure. They didn't add the opening cg movies into the iOS versions of ffv or ffiv DS. Haven't tried ffiii yet but I doubt it's in there. They'd take up a lot of bytes on a platform where that's something to worry about. Not like discs or cartridges.

15. ImJPaul

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    Ya I guess I didn't think of that. The port of 3 does not have the opening either. I was just thinking since they have us tactics: WOTL instead of the original tactics but I suppose my reasoning is a bit flawed. Very good point, sir.

16. Nobunaga

Nobunaga Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2012
    #36 Nobunaga, Dec 4, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
    Well, opening CG or not, this will be well worth it.
    I paid over $100 (Canadian) for this game the first time around. $15-$30 this time doesn't seem too bad.
    I went and looked at the side by side comparison of the screen shot at kotaku. As much as I'd like the option to use the updated or original sprites, I have to admit, the new ones look pretty decent. I wasn't happy with the prospect of dimensions-like sprites initially. Seeing the direct comparison, I'm almost won over by the update.

http://kotaku.com/final-fantasy-vi-on-mobile-isnt-looking-too-hot-1476354093
    That's the link to the article if anyone wants to check it out.
    Comments seem to be a little more than half people in favour of the new graphics. And some very vocal people that are against them... Or just hate games "on the iPhone".

17. cdkilgore21

cdkilgore21 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2013
    So excited for this game...

18. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Still a no-show... Come on SE! Make my Christmas!

19. sabin1981

sabin1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Engineer
    Norway
    Absolutely agreed.. 7 is great but hugely overrated, VI/VIII/X/VII/IX for me :)

20. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Specific release date? :eek: