Universal Final Fantasy VII coming to IOS!!!!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Seiza616, Jun 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Balca

Balca Member

Feb 5, 2015
    it's still weird that we have no information on a possible release date as we get a half of the summer !

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I dont think it's wierd. SE in particular is known to do ninja releases.

Nobody even expected the FF7 remake and the announcement blew minds. And then, silence yet again.

3. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Well, it was originally released in North America on September 7, 1997. And since Sept. 7 is still technically Summer, I am not expecting it anytime before that. So, if it does drop, I'll be pleasantly surprised. But that doesn't mean I'm not occasionally searching the App Store for it. ;)

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    To quote the great Shaun Musgrave (off-site), don't expect FFVII to release without any fanfare. Yes, Squeenix usually have a habit of releasing games unnanounced, but this is Final Fantasy VII.

5. Seiza616

Seiza616 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Any speculation from metalcasket or anyone else as to when this game will actually release? Sooner, later, etc.?

6. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    My guess is September, as mentioned above, to coincide with the game's anniv. Hopefully...

7. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    From fans, yeah. Lots of specualtions, guesses and what-nots will be exchanged all around. But im sure SE will stay silent, smiling in a corner, and then come out with a bang. A loud, loud bang.

8. Seiza616

Apr 10, 2012
    Hopefully the wait won't be that long.....it has already been over a month since the initial announcement.

9. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Fanfare meaning media attention. Shaun mentioned something along the lines of expecting to hear about it on Famitsu, for example, before release.

Oh, and I need not have to explain that I didn't actually quote Shaun in my last post. :p

10. Seiza616

Apr 10, 2012
    I find that it is more challenging waiting for this game to come to IOS than any other game in recent memory. Does anyone share the same feeling? It probably doesn't help that this my favorite game of all time LOL.

Additionally, any updated info or speculation on a potential release date as we are almost into August and the game was announced on June 16th?

11. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I haven't been able to find anything more about it. And, yeah. I'm enjoying a handful of games regularly on my devices, but all I want to play is this one. I've never finished it on consoles, so it will be awesome to access it anytime. For me, everything appearing on the App Store has kind of been white noise in relation to this. Still buying apps, but I'm just not in the mood to play much. At least I've got the DQ and other FF to play while waiting!

12. Seiza616

Apr 10, 2012
    I completely agree with you as I have over 120 games on my IPhone 6; however, everything else pales in comparison. Any thoughts on a price point? I am guessing between $18-20 seems reasonable, although, I would pay more than that if it were necessary.

13. G-Wall

G-Wall Member

Jun 4, 2015
    oh damn...how did I miss this?!?!?!

14. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    If I had to guess, I'd say $19.99 USD, but it is on Steam for only $11.99 and on PSN for $9.99 I think. But I'd definitely expect it to be higher than the other places.

15. G-Wall

G-Wall Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Hell...I'd pay $20...but I'm a fanboi so :rolleyes:

16. Gilgilad

Gilgilad Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
    I played through FFVII when I was in 6th grade in middle school and I remember it being the greatest game I had ever played and I haven't had a game since then leave quite such an impression. I have mixed feelings about playing the game again (either the port or the remake) since I am afraid it might ruin my nostalgia and be a bit of letdown 18 or so years after my original play. I played the FFIV remake and was fairly bored with it even though I remember really liking the original when I first played it.

17. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Wut? Dood i'd pay $50 to have it on my devices. I havent really bought games recently just because of the thought of FF7 on my ipad and iphone.

I spent $35 on MHFU (i bought the JP version before the worldwide launch too) and dont regret a cent of it. FF7 is the game that got me into RPGs, I'd be willing to spend money on that as soon as it hits the appstore.

18. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Let's not tell SE, but I'd be willing to pay the cost of a console game too. I mean, Dragon Warrior got me into RPGs, and then the Final Fantasy series brought me back much later. So, I snatched up all of the DQ games without even hesitating at the cost. And FFVII will be the same. But it will be interesting to see if they charge more on iOS than anywhere else. Is that the case with their other releases? I know I've bought a few on PSN, but can't remember.

And I totally understand the MH thing. If I could have learned it in Japanese, I would have gladly done the same. But being my first MH experience, I'm glad I waited for the English one.

It doesn't really matter. All I can think about is playing this one all Autumn this year. Can't wait!

19. Seiza616

Apr 10, 2012
    #79 Seiza616, Aug 3, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
    I can't remember if it was mentioned in this thread or not.....which version of Final Fantasy VII is actually being ported to IOS? Is it a port of the original playstation version, the original computer version, or the more recently released steam version?

Additionally, what are the distinguishable differences between the versions I mentioned, and what version is widely viewed as the definitive/best version by fans and reviewers? From what I can see, the steam version's graphics seem to be a bit cleaner/crisper based on a YouTube side by side comparison with the original playstation version. However, I also heard the music in the steam version is somewhat "remixed" when compared to the playstation version?

20. kopicha

kopicha Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2015
    IT
    The most recent PC re-release will be the ported version. There is nothing wrong with that version except the sound track has been slightly altered and thus don't sound as good as the original.