Universal Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition (by SQUARE ENIX)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Lurchroboter, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Lanster27

Lanster27 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2017
    #101 Lanster27, Feb 8, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    Havent played FFXV myself, but doing a quick google search confirms it:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2016/12/08/final-fantasy-xvs-awful-sidequests-are-killing-the-whole-game-for-me/#29efaaa324e7

Which I find is what has been plaguing the new gen of FF. FFXIII part 2 and part 3 were the games I played with the worst, dullest sidequests, exactly how the review above described them. Looks like they didnt look to do anything better with FFXV.

It does seem like sidequests for Western RPGs is a chance to throw in some interesting stories and worldbuilding, while for JRPGs it's purely time waster with xp/money reward.

2. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    This actually might lean me to buying it! I was worried each chapter is about an hour. And the bad thing was thinking the game is basically a quick run down of ff15. If it's a good amount of game, then I think I'll drop the $20.

3. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    God even after I switched to medium graphics (since high destroyed my battery) the game still just shuts off sometimes. Luckily autosave is fairly frequent otherwise it’d be that much more upsetting we can’t save whenever we want and this is on an iPhone 8 Plus and nothing running in the background. I figured using apples newest top tier devices the crashes wouldn’t happen . But I guess they aren’t invincible.

4. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Playing on SE, just started Chapter 3 and I haven’t experienced a single crash. Not a single one.

5. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

6s and up only unfortunately

I don’t know? This is an intense game and chugs at times on a 7+, expecting a console port even simplified to this extent to work that well on a phone an a gig of ram is a bit much though. I know it’s frustrating but there’s gotta be some limit, the 6 is running on its 4th year as well.

Maybe it’s due to the beta but be patient. I have a 7+ and went off to search the web, browse reddit through an app and do a few other things and I came back to a game that resumed right where it left off.

I also haven’t had a single crash and I have a ton of stuff running in the background.

Try a hard reboot or maybe even think about looking into the public beta?

6. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    iPhone X still on first chapter and it’s crashed a couple times now. After this last one, it sits on the loading screen when I try to load it. Guess I’ll try restarting my whole phone. Anyone else have to do that?!

7. Wonkavator

Wonkavator Active Member

Feb 2, 2014
    The prologue ran like smooth, silky butter though

8. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Restarting my phone didn’t fix it. Had to sync with the cloud to get an old save. Then somehow ended up in an endless loop about King’s Knight. Kept playing it over and over whether I hit cancel or go to App Store. Have to sync with cloud again. Hope it stops bugging out soon.

9. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Speaking of King’s knight... the ad says they are featured characters and yet the boys have NEVER been featured in King’s Knight! What gives, SE?!

10. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Screenshot

Attached Files:

11. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Crashed again, synced the cloud save, went to load that, and now it’s stuck on loading. I fear I may have to start completely over. iPhone X latest iOS. :( Quite disappointing. At least I’m still on Chapter 1 I guess.

12. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Som shameless marketing in that part of the game haha rethinking how many chapter there are total it’s got to have a decent amount of content
    First chapter I wasn’t expecting to have much length
    Second is good so far it’s not the whole experience but decent enough for sure
    But they need some fixes like the crashes and also the save feature
    If you minimize it starts over almost every time

13. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I wonder how much replay value this version has.
    From what I have read the Playstation game had heaps due to the open world aspect as well as heaps of side quests.
    I believe this "condensed" version no longer has open world exploration and the game is being reported as much more linear and the side quests minimal.

I usually have replay value high on my list of requirements in a game, though to be honest I just about never end up finishing any of my games anyhow lol. #

14. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Made it to Galdin finally. Avoided the King’s Knight ad this time! My only other weird thing so far is that I have enough AP to get the MP use of fire, etc. but it won’t let me get it. Wonder if I have to wait until it teaches us to use magic???

Glad I restarted. There’s a ton of random items I missed the first time through.

15. Lanster27

Lanster27 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2017
    It's good to know that a game has replay value and I judge a game base on that, even though I never finish my games. But I dont buy games that have no replay value, even though I probably never replay them anyway.

Dont worry, I do the same thing.

16. lightasammo

lightasammo Active Member

Jun 7, 2016
    Same thing happened to me after 2 hours. Have to start over now which I refuse to do. What happens if this occurs half way through the game

17. tekchic

tekchic Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Female
    Software Developer
    Phoenix, AZ
    That King's Knight ad looks pretty annoying -- I haven't finished Ch 1 yet (darn work) but the second I get the purchase option I'm buying the whole series. If I'm spending $20 on the game, I really don't want to see ads for other Squeenix games, ick.

Hopefully they fix the crashing issues too - I'm playing on iPad Pro right now from a cloud save and it's been fine (but I'm not far in), I'll probably switch back to iPhone X tomorrow before work.

18. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet

it’s not an ad. don’t tap on it if you don’t want to see it. it’s more like a.... product placement........ yeah idk

19. hunkyducky1

hunkyducky1 Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2013
    Anyone got this to work on the iphone 6? I know its not a "compatible" device but the intro and stuff plays fine just crashes on loading screen.

20. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Loved the ps4 version. This version is pretty great. Simple controls and great battle mechanic. Question though, there’s only 10 chapters? I already finished chapter 1. Is there more coming or is that the whole story? Will most likely by as I love Noctis and his character.