Universal Final Fantasy XV: Pocket Edition

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by squarezero, Sep 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blucard

Blucard Member

Aug 20, 2015
    Fingers crossed ##

You guys think it will release on the 29th of November to celebrate its one year anniversary?

Also I pray for MFi support as well as an app for the TV. If SE really thinks the future for its franchise is mobile then fully embrace it and and be the “Nintendo Switch” for mobile gaming.

Allow for the app to have iCloud syncing so that it can be played on iPhone, iPad and TV with controller support. Allow achievements to exist to compliment its console twin.

Even go out on a limb and update all their FF games that are out on the App Store with the same features.

I’d love them to take something like FFVIII re-build the game from the ground up for TV experience push the graphics. I mean hell this FFXV needs at least an iPhone 6s or newer.

A few years ago their was a rumor of FFXI being remade for iOS. I think today they could totally do a MMORPG if they knew people would pay for it.

I will buy FFXV out right when it comes out, not because I’m sold on it but to support the company that premium mobile games have a place on the App Store and that there are people willing to pay console price to get a console game. I’m not really a fan of the “Chibi” style and in my personal opinion found FFXV rush and lack luster but enjoyed it none the less. But I’m ready for mobile games to be taken seriously.

Don’t get me wrong developers are in a hole with this because of consumer mentality on what a mobile game should be and how much it should cost but also the limitations placed on them buy the platform, like what apple did with its TV for example with Siri controller support being mandatory and app file size at a max of 4GB. But if FFXV:pE is a success maybe we could see a FFX, FFXII and FFXIII iterations for the App Store as well. However hopefully with more emphasis on graphics being pushed like what the company is known for.

2. Blucard

Blucard Member

Aug 20, 2015
    Same! Hopefully get an tv app as well!

3. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I didn’t even think of this, but it makes total sense! I’m putting this down on my calendar for now. Can’t come soon enough.

4. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Anyone else notice that the latest trailer SE released has been replaced with one that does not have titles at the end that say play now on mobile. Just ends with the FFXV logo.

5. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    I’m thinking it will land this month for sure
    And that was the clue :)
    Let’s hope
    Each week I’m thinking this is the week ha

6. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    I think it’s coming the first week of December

7. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Guys never played FF15 how good is it?

8. Blucard

Blucard Member

Aug 20, 2015
    Have you played an FF?
    Graphically it’s crazy good.
    To me the story was rushed
    I think FF should be more linear and this was too open. Do you like open world games?
    Out of all the main series FF I’d place XV dead middle in terms of ranking.

9. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Biggest difference is the combat is more hack and slash than the traditional turn based rpg combat
    Like he said above open world
    You can pretty much do what you want but there are things to do to push the storyline forward this was my favorite part of the game (I have it on Xbox one)
    I liked it a lot actually I will agree story isn’t best ever but it’s not worst either :)
    I haven’t played it as much as I would like since I don’t mess with my console gaming as much lately so I’m looking forward to the mobile version since I will play it more and it’s more accessible

10. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    Whoaaaa a ff should not be linear lol. They should be and any good one is packed full of exploration, secrets, and in some, side missions. There should be a big overworks with vehicles and airships to use :p I mean this was the epitome of a standard ff if this game is even more open .. then that will be AMAZING . Not a huge fan of the hack and slash type of combat. Is it like the timed auto atks from ff12 or mmorpgs like world of Warcraft? I couldn’t really tell . I mean I only watched 1 video and I think it had like a second or 2 of combat

11. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas

You can set the combat to real-time, much like Assassins Creed or the Batman Arkham series. OR, you can set the combat to Wait Mode. Then, if you stop moving, time will slow down and you’ll have much more time to plan your next action move/strike. Personally, I like moving around in combat, so it didn’t really make much difference for me. So, I left it to real-time, and got used to playing FF in that way. It’s not my favorite combat system, but it is fun.

However, for the pocket edition, I have no idea if they’ll implement a wait mode. I doubt it though. Since they auto attack when you tap an enemy, it should be a smooth experience anyway.

12. Blucard

Blucard Member

Aug 20, 2015
    FFX was linear as hell but didn’t feel like it. IMO open can be can too open. There’s ways to make a world feel open or close and to me Skyrim style is just too much. FFXV:pE will scale it down so I’m looking forward to that. But want a different art style bring back the 16bit that FF fans love.

13. Blucard

Blucard Member

Aug 20, 2015
    FFXV combat was great

14. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    I’m with you on Skyrim. I’ve always been a huge gamer and I love open worlds but you’re right.. there is TOO open and Skyrim was one of em. Even fallout was getting borderline.

15. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    I have seen where it says combat adapted to mobile
    But I don’t see it changing a whole lot
    Should be good to go I sure wish it would drop this week ugh

16. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    I hope also for fishing but doubt it

17. Blucard

Blucard Member

Aug 20, 2015
    Agree. With enough “side quests” and mini games you can make a player think a game is more open than what it really is. FFXV on console was a little too open but not crazy. Honestly it’s just the story for me with that game. You can literally tell it was rushed. With FFXV:pE Id like to see a few side quests to kill time as well as more story but I know the that’s asking a lot.

18. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Have you guys seen the movie?
    There is also a five episode animated series
    These two delve into the story as well
    The animated series can be found easily on YouTube it’s in Japanese but has English subtitles it’s really good

19. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    I did I liked it

20. Blucard

Blucard Member

Aug 20, 2015
    I didn’t like the movie or the series.
    Again everything felt so rushed.
    I would go into detail but I don’t want to spoil things. Also Square Enix should have learned from their previous movies and not made another one. The animated ones had potential but dropped the ball