Universal Final Fantasy XV: Pocket Edition

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by squarezero, Sep 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Haha! Yeah, we need a better place to display our local and online awards than my small filing cabinet. I'm fortunate to create and oversee video content from storyboarding/writing to animation and editing. What do you do?

And Dailon, I got the shirt from Redbubble. Stuff there is definitely hit or miss, but this was a good one. I also picked up a MHW logo shirt that is great too.

2. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Sweet, Curtis I am an audio editing machine :) I am a radio DJ, handle a lot of production and editing of commercials, handle sports play by play, co host a radio show in europe in addition to a local morning show i host, also DJ weddings, events and that sort of jazz :) stay busy but when i get down time it's RPG gaming time ha

3. millerjs86

millerjs86 Member

Feb 19, 2017
    Lol love it.

Advertising/brand marketing over in Philly for me—design and art direction.

4. Blucard

Blucard Member

Aug 20, 2015
    What the F@$%

I was on vacation for almost three weeks on a boat with out Cellular data or WiFi. When I got home a few days ago before Christmas I let all my products update themselves then went to the App Store looking for FFXV:pE but its still not out. Jesus. I’m sorry Square Enix has dropped the ball with releasing thing in a timely manner. Everything from FFXV has been delayed. Take the Remake of FFVII who knows when we’ll see that game. They showed it way too early.

Any who I think its safe to say this game wont come out in 2017 and probably not the first week of 2018...

5. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    The ff7 remake wasn’t even supposed to be a game . It started out as a tech demo to show off the graphics of the ps3 a while back with repeated statements from Square Enix that it was not going to be remade because it was too much work and the game would have to be completely redone from the ground up. So the fact that it’s even coming should be enough to have patience for it. As far as ff15 meh I was disappointed to but I think they said the delay was because of android os. But I’m not sure.

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England

Can’t believe how impatient people are. Game dates slip. Kids will be the first to moan and want a refund if it came out early with bugs. It’ll come but obviously late. Just be patient

7. tinkie277

tinkie277 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Male
    Street Cleaner
    Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
    Do you think tomorrow could be the day?

8. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    I wouldn’t put it past square to of gotten approval to launch from Apple last week and then sat on the release till today. Slim chance, but still a chance.

9. tinkie277

tinkie277 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Male
    Street Cleaner
    Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
    I really hope so!

10. Blucard

Blucard Member

Aug 20, 2015
    Would be awesome, though the App Store usually updates every Thursday so if it was to come out this week, which I’m doubtful, I think it would be tomorrow. Though it could still come out today and be featured in Thursdays roundup of new releases.

11. Blucard

Blucard Member

Aug 20, 2015
    I kind of believe that Square Enix wanted to remake FFVII because that’s a cash cow the tech demo was just that a tech demo and they should have realized the demand that would be made from it. I honesty think someone decided to remake FF7 during FFXV production time because of the amount of money they were burning though during its 10 years of development. FFXV was literally going to make or break the company for the most part financially and is another reason we started seeing mobile games with in app purchases as another source of revenue a remake FFVII is guaranteed cash money and they’re probably going to use that to start stacking up again.

12. Blucard

Blucard Member

Aug 20, 2015
    I dont mind delays dude. Square is just becoming notorious for delaying stuff now. In fact all gaming industries are doing this. Look at Nintendo with Metroid 4. Literally just the logo and it could take a few years before it comes out FFVII remake, same thing. All I’m saying as a company I think it would be best to have the game for the most part completed before sho casing anything. Then after showing it set a 3-6 month release day window and use that time to just iron out stuff. Square has just gotten in a really bad habit of speaking to soon. FFXV:pE announcement and release date was pretty close together I’ll give you that as an argument to I mentioned earlier. However all of FFXV has been delayed every time and its a little annoying. I do hope its them refining things and this mobile title is stellar as I’m ready to play console price for mobile games if they’re a full fledge console game. I’m ready to not buy a PS4 and only buy my games from the App Store and play them on my iPad Apple TV and iPhone.

13. Koemi Bear

Koemi Bear Active Member
    Patreon Gold

Oct 25, 2017
    Female
    United States
    I agree with the announcing the project when said project is closer to release. I REALLY dislike hearing about a game and getting super excited, only to find out it is releasing in one or two years. Though this is personal preference and I wait patiently for the release, and just hope I do not forget about it. I also agree with you on ditching consoles and play exclusively mobile. I would be willing to pay $30-$60 for a mobile game if it was worth it. :p

14. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    Now that it’s 2018 have there been any updates anywhere for this? I know there’s still a couple months left of winter so I’m just curious.

15. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I've been looking a lot, and I haven't seen any new updates. However, FFXV PC, Royal Edition for PS4/Xbox, and volume 2 of the soundtrack will all be releasing in March. So, if I had to guess, I'd say FFXVPE will also be in March. It would be nice to see it in February, though, to rev-up the hype train for March's FFXV releases.

16. tekchic

tekchic Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Female
    Software Developer
    Phoenix, AZ
    They still said Winter... ugh this is gonna be Mar 20th, isn't it? :D

17. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    I know what you mean last few weeks when I see the new games list it's all I am looking for and any game thats not it seems disappointig

18. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    Yeh I have a $25 iTunes gift card burning a hole in my pocket waitin for this :p

19. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Me too! Mine is just sitting on my bookshelf waiting for news that it has been released.

20. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    #120 Dailon80, Jan 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
    I will be buying one the minute I see it in the store... they sell them not even a quarter of a mile from my apartment haha
    I play FFXV on my XBOX one in Japanese with English subs hoping i can do the same with this one if not I may just buy it from the Japan app store I will see if there are any differences like that first
    either way I can't wait... my bday is next wed so if they want to release that day I am cool with it :)