Fishing Break (by Roofdog Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by yome, Feb 18, 2016.

1. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

I don't understand why you lose your bait if you reel in without catching a fish.

2. netherjade8

netherjade8 Active Member

May 6, 2013
    I thought the same thing, it irks me losing it with the limited premium bait.

3. netherjade8

May 6, 2013
    Great game though I'm playing it nonstop and so are my kids lol

4. Strongfort

Strongfort Member

Mar 22, 2015
    #24 Strongfort, Feb 28, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
    Hey everyone, can you please use the appropriate thread in the "MMO Codes and 'Add Me' Requests" forum for these codes? This thread really should be discussions of the gameplay and such.

Fishing Break - Friends codes

Thanks!

5. markswan20

markswan20 New Member

Feb 28, 2016
    #25 markswan20, Feb 28, 2016
    Thanks for creating friend code page :)

6. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    #26 Qwertz555, Feb 28, 2016
    I give it a try (goal achieved), though this thread smells very fishy (yeah, pun) with so many new members, which i welcome of course.

Was fun for a while and i can see why people get reeled in, but it's not for me. Good luck Devs.

7. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I really am liking this. Yes the bait is kind of pricey, but I saw that this game had so much content and I love both Pocket Mines, so I invested in the coin doubler. Also, adding friends via the add me thread will get you lots of coinage and some dollars as well. After i did a bit of upgrading, all I have to do now is catch a couple of walleye and that pays for my bait, and I can play indefinitely. This may seem a bit heavy handed to some people (for the IAP) but it works much better than the energy/lives/timers bit that most games have.

8. Strongfort

Strongfort Member

Mar 22, 2015
    I have to say, I'm playing this game way more than I thought I would. I completely ran down my battery yesterday playing throughout the day.

I agree with some of the previous comments that I think the bait should not be wasted if you reel in without catching anything.

Does anyone have any tips of how to find a bigger Mahi Mahi fish? The largest I've been able to see has been about 84cm.

9. hfc1875

hfc1875 Member

Apr 11, 2013
    After giving the game a good few hours of play I have to say I'm really impressed. I had concerns at the beginning, like others, that the bait was a major paywall but it turns out I was wrong on that count, I easily make my money back after using less than 50% of the bait purchased leaving the rest of the earnings for upgrades.

The museum is a good offline earner as well, definitely worth immediately catching fish in a new area as soon as it opens up.

10. netherjade8

May 6, 2013
    As you get later in levels some of the special dish to capture need that rare bait because the defense is so high? I've wasted lots of the rare bait on babies that bite meh what a waste. Then when I need more yup paywall

11. larrytapowski

larrytapowski Member

Sep 1, 2014
    response to dondo

Hope it's not too late but here's what I think the deal is with the attack v defense of the fish. The number on the fish is the minimum you need to catch it. When they run away thier attack can double, so even if you aren't reeling it in, they can break the line.

I'm loving this game. Thank goodness I can play plugged in or I'd go crazy waiting for the phone to charge. Congrats on another great game. Now back to the birthday celebration in Pocket Mine 2.

12. shaymon

shaymon Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2013
    When you get to the last few areas, you need to catch 2-3 special fish. Use the double attack bait and wait to cast until you can land it next to the fish. Usually it will bite it right away. The smaller fish won't be as attracted to it. If you need more bait, do the fishing tournaments. They are fun and net you great bait :)

When collecting museum money, never collect it directly. Boot the game up and it will pop up allowing you to double it. I usually wait until it is full.

Buy into all the tournaments you can. Even if you catch a c or d fish, you still get decent rewards.

The coin doubler is worth it. I can't imagine playing without it. Easy way to support the dev.

13. Jezzerh

Jezzerh Member

Sep 1, 2012
    Does anyone know what the medals do? The ones you win as part of the tournament prize?

Also, how strong is your rod? (LOL). I'm at 300, seem to be doing okay.

14. nonglossy

nonglossy Member

Jan 25, 2016
    Double Coins IAP - Well Done Devs

Thanks for adding the $4.99 IAP to double coins in game.
    Insta-buy for me. Glad to give back for a great game.

15. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    super fun!

16. cameron331

cameron331 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2010
    Fun, but the coin economy isn't sustainable. At the lower levels, you tend to catch fish worth 10-30 coins, when the bait costs 50 coins each. On the third map, bait costs 100 coins each but you catch fish worth 20-80 normally. Plus, the worthless fish also eat the premium bait, which doesn't seem fair.

Sure, there's missions and stuff to help get coins, but playing long stretches just to catch fish loses coins the more you play.

I'm thinking about the coin doubler but I'm hesitating because the economy is just so unfair.

17. Jezzerh

Jezzerh Member

Sep 1, 2012
    I did get the doubler. It made the game more fun and less grindy, and I think it was decent value.

However. My equipment is now all maxed out (strength 460) and the special fish in later levels are impossible to land, breaking your line with >600 strength as soon as they bite, so the fun has gone out of it a bit.

Also I STILL HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE BLOODY MEDALS ARE FOR!

18. qmechan

qmechan Member

Aug 28, 2011
    The line breaks. You're on one end, the bait is on the other.

19. qmechan

qmechan Member

Aug 28, 2011
    I'm having a hell of a time trying to catch a pike. I wiggle around a smaller fish, but he just doesn't go for it. Please help me, forums. You're my only hope.