Universal Fist of Fury - pixel arts & martial arts (by Happymagenta)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Happybyte, Sep 22, 2014.

1. wigzisonfire

wigzisonfire Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    This game is hella addictive! Just got 313!!!

2. noah0706

noah0706 Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2014
    A mowing business
    Kannapolis, NC
    Great game! Tons of fun :D

3. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Whats really cool about this game is you can get in this zone where you can do no wrong, everything slows down, and ninjas be flying. :D

4. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    First of all I want to give this game it's fair share of compliments.
    It is, in my opinion, the best twitchy reaction game since Duet and Super Hex. It gives you that unique feeling of snapping into another world and letting your instincts and reflexes take over. It nails the just one more try thing as well as any mobile title could.

I absolutely love it.

Ok.
    Now onto the reason I came here.
    I have a question and a comment.

Question:
    Are there any differences between the sprites other than the animations?

Comment:
    I would absolutely LOVE a separate mode with a different leaderboard that used taps instead of swipes.

It c(w)ould allow for a much higher score and a more hectic experience.

5. Happybyte

Happybyte Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 1, 2011
    =) Thanks!

Guys told me they might fix/tune swipes a bit.

The small update is coming - it'll be some more environments and heroes.

Tapping, levelling, more things were discussed this week in the team.

We'll leave it to the bigger update or the FF2 version.

Didn't get entirely the question about sprites, so if I'm wrong then try asking again :) All heroes have same punch mechanics at the moment due to the balance. But they have different "super punches" or "super power" that strike automatically when you get enough "fury" in the enegry/fury bar. We had an idea about levelling each hero and making them more different. But in the current design it would create an imbalance in the game that won't make it that fun and would require much more time to tune the balance - thus we have postponed these things for the big update or the 2.0 game release, as I wrote above.

6. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Thanks.

My question is that if any of the charecters have different attributes.
    Does one of the super punches have more power than another?

Is one a bit faster?

I assume the only difference is just the animations.

7. Happybyte

Patreon Silver

Mar 1, 2011
    Nope.

They are the same now - just up to your taste - like for example the cat is my favorite hero :)

There is however might be some thing for much faster swipes - there is a video on Everyplay from their moderator - I don't know how but she managed to make like 10 swipes per second somehow.

8. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Not sure if anyone is reading this anymore but I had paid to unlock all the characters and after the recent update I lost the unlocks and don't see a way to restore purchases. No big deal.
    New locations are cool. Love this game.

It would be good to see more variety amongst the ninjas, maybe different speeds or something?

9. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Click Upgrade and there's a Restore Purchases button on the screen which appears.

10. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    I don't see an upgrade option anywhere anymore

11. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    I have a massive green Purchase button above the leaderboard, play and character buttons. I haven't purchased the IAP though. Perhaps it's hidden it because of your purchase, but if that's the case I'd expect it to remember your unlock. Sorry I couldn't help more.

12. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    Thank you anyway!

13. Happybyte

Patreon Silver

Mar 1, 2011
    Hi, guys!

Sorry for not being on the forum for quite a while during this update rush time.

A shameless and shameful bug did grow within Fist of Fury and other our games that affects mostly users that did update/upgrade device/os/game and which leads to IAP/game/save/status issues.

Urgent fixes are sent to App Store already and are awaiting a review in the urgent/expedited queue (many thanks to Apple for the great support).

A thousand apologizes to all our fans, expecially ones that supported us with their money.

Once the update is live it will restore your previous status using Game Center scores and IAP validation.

Until then for those who upgraded and have chars locked and no UPGRADE button - you can use a quick workaround - remove the app from device and install it again, then restore purchases free of charge.

Best regards,
    Happymagenta

14. Happybyte

Patreon Silver

Mar 1, 2011
    And yes the UPGRADE button hides when you purchase "chars + no ads" to give you a little nicer UI.

That's is the bug with new chars.

The update (probably) goes live tonight.

15. Happybyte

Patreon Silver

Mar 1, 2011
    Good news, guys & girls - FF update is now approved and will apprear soon depending on how cache propagates across App Store. If you'll have any more bugs - send us message via website. And I also be coming here from time to time.

16. rjm226

rjm226 Active Member

Dec 3, 2014
    I randomly found this game while looking through the react keyword on the most trending screen in the App Store. This game is amazing! I love how it has the same plethora of characters to collect like Crossy Road. The art is amazing and the gameplay is super addictive, I'm more addicted to this game than Crossy Road! Also, thanks to the developer for solving an interesting UI challenge. Finally I have a button to use for Everyplay sharing! The film strip with the share arrow is genius!! I hope this has been a profitable venture for you and I hope you continue to make great apps.

17. Happybyte

Patreon Silver

Mar 1, 2011
    Thanks =)

18. Happybyte

Patreon Silver

Mar 1, 2011
    So, the small update is out now :)

With much improved swipe detection I can now score over 200 points in one run.

Also, the new unlock scheme makes it easier to unlock chars.

Enjoy it guys :)

Next update will bring some more characters - post your suggestions here guys - we'll add them.

19. YuliYuli

YuliYuli Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2015
    Hey friends!

Fist of Fury players might already know all of the characters available in the game. Here they are:

[​IMG]

But we are here today to ask you: who/what else you'd like to see in this company? Is there any character you've always dreamed of playing as?

Let us know in the comments below - and we'll try to make it happen :)