Universal Five Nights at Freddy's (by Scott Cawthon)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Is it bad that your daughter can handle this game whilst I'm too scared to even watch Youtube videos of it?

2. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    I dont get the hype, guys. Played it until Night 3 and died. A face popped up right in my face to scare me ofc (boohoo). This "scare mechanic" is so old and have been seen in so many games already I cant imagine someone gets still scared by this. xD

I tought it's something new and unique but for me, it isn't.

3. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    That's the point of the game, that it won't be easy to survive the 5 nights, and you should find the way to make it

4. Dre13

Dre13 Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Exactly, this game may scare a 2 year old....and at 2.99 it's well overpriced. Wouldn't pay more than .99 for it. Not worth the hype.

5. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Thank you! At least someone else out there sees through the sheeple mentality that these bandwagon jumping "fans" perpetuate.

6. Shifaan

Shifaan Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2013
    Is this even scary on iphone? I mean with the smaller screen than the PC and stuff...

7. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    #47 cloudpuff, Sep 13, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2014
    Is it really much different to celebrities being used it adverts and stuff to get people to buy it? If the product isn't good then I doubt many would buy it again or recommend. My daughter has bought several games based on youtuber vids, so I guess she's part of the bandwagon jumping fans, thing is many times the game hasn't been enjoyable for her and it gets deleted and she moves on, if she likes it she tells her friends, but she doesn't say to them get this game cos pewdie played it, she'll say get this game cos it's fun because blah blah or she'll say don't get it because of blah blah. So while pewdie and that lot may actually encourage the surge in downloads I think the games own merits are what makes people enjoy it and recommend it. I buy a lot of games based just because someone on ta said it's good, it's the same kind of thing just on a much smaller scale.

It's like that bloody loom band craze at the moment, they irritate the hell out of me cos they clog the vacuum cleaner and many kids are on,y buying them because their friends have but I can't deny that they given those kids (and adults) lots and lots of fun, which is probably why they stayed popular.

I know nobody had said it directly but the overhyped and sheep mentality comments are kind of insulting towards the game as it implies it's only doing well because people are only purchasing cos pewdie said so,whereas I think yes, they've helped with download numbers but it's the game itself that's causing the good reviews. I actually wonder how many have dismissed the game as shit based only the fact of disliking the youtuber who played it.

Phew I'm good at waffling, I guess I'm trying to say does it really matter why people dloaded a particular game if it's bringing them enjoyment? The game itself isn't to everyone's tastes and it's fine to wonder what all the fuss is about, but that doesn't make those who do like it sheep or overhypers etc.

8. SirHanet

SirHanet Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Halifax
    I bought this game not because of Pewdiepie or Markiplier, but by the dark storyline it has(Yes, the game has a storyline behind it). Also, if it wasn't of popular youtubers then this game would never been popular and because this game was such a huge success, there's a sequel coming out. Like it or not, everyone is entitled to their own opinions, some person might have gotten this game because of famous youtubers so think about that.

9. evilabdy

evilabdy Well-Known Member

This. While it is simple the story behind it is creepy. That helps set the mood. If people don't like it that's ok. But the audio design is part of what makes the game. Play it with headphones on :). Also the tensions leading up to the final moment is what makes it fun. I've also played this one on steam. It has a bigger effect on a pc

10. SirHanet

Aug 5, 2013
    Halifax
    The game does have a bigger effect on PC but that might change with te iPhone 6 Plus! I always play the game with headphones on, it makes it a lot more creepy but I still have to play the game at night with the headphones on! Audio is what makes the game creepy, I often get creeped out when I hear the bear laugh and apperently the bear's laugh is actually a girl's laugh! She was killed and now she haunts the bear's suit and that also implies with the other animatronic figures. All though foxy is quite unpredictable with what he does, I often get killed by foxy because he runs to you instead of waiting every time you look at him through the camera. In the end, I hope this game becomes famous on the app store(Already in the top 10 on the Canadian App Store).

11. Rawk GWJ

Rawk GWJ Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2014
    The "sheeple" and "over-hyped" comments seem a little trollish. It's a nich game with a specific audience. That said, this game is not for me. Horror games (and movies) have no effect on me. Except maybe that they annoy me. "Monster closets" do nothing for me or to me.

I do think that this game has a great art style. I will probably watch some gameplay on YouTube just to get a look at it.

12. SirHanet

Aug 5, 2013
    Halifax
    Anymore thoughts about this game?

13. pinOi32

pinOi32 Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2014
    #53 pinOi32, Sep 14, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
    There's already a video of the gameplay on the 1st page of this thread.

I still think $2.99 is a bit much for this game; 99c would've been a reasonable price.

14. melocoman

melocoman Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2014
    This game is actually pretty scary

15. SirHanet

Aug 5, 2013
    Halifax
    What about $1.99? I am fine spending $2.99 on a game that has 2(Or 3)modes and 5 levels to go through. I think that $2.99 to $1.99 are reasonable prices not $0.99(I think)!

16. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    2.99 is a perfect price for a game, with reviews of 9/10 pocketgamer

17. gamer300

gamer300 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2014
    Europe
    I think this is a great horror game. But i don't think i want to pay 2.99 for it after seeing multiple videos of it. Just my opinion.

I still think that this game could scare me to the point where i would sit and cry in a corner.

18. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    #58 coolpepper43, Sep 14, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
    Never mind

19. FlavorDave

FlavorDave Member

Jun 3, 2014
    Male
    Chairman of the Bored
    Sector 7-G
    Ha! It's 7:30 in the a.m. and I'm sitting in my semi-dark living room playing night 4 when they get me and I let out a small yelp. The dog and cat are probably laughing at me as I sit here typing this.

20. evilabdy

evilabdy Well-Known Member

stupid foxy. That thing always gets me. I hate how it sometimes goes sprinting down the hall