Universal Five Nights at Freddy's (by Scott Cawthon)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Sep 12, 2014.

1. NickyNichols

NickyNichols Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2012
    I really think $2.99 is perfect for a game with this much buzz around it. It's cheap enough for those who want to check it out to take the plunge.

2. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    I haven't played yet, but I hate people that say things like "$3 is too much, it should cost 0.99". Yes, I hate your guts. You are everything that is wrong with the appstore and I hope you guys just leave gaming alone because you are a cancer to any healthy ecosystem. How the hell anyone can say that "0.99 is a reasonable price" with a straight face?

Or something less harsh. But seriously, you guys are very annoying.

3. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    What heringer said.

4. Pitch_Blak

Pitch_Blak Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Canada
    Amen.

It's even cheaper than the original version.

5. pinOi32

pinOi32 Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2014
    #65 pinOi32, Sep 14, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
    Boo hoo.

It's just an opinion.

Funny, you hate someone just because of their opinion.

Well, guess what. I don't think it'll sell much, either. Sure, maybe just in the beginning and maybe a couple of months after that.

Also, you think I care if you hate me? Go ahead.

6. gamer300

gamer300 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2014
    Europe
    Bought the game for a friend anyways. Had some spare credits and he really wanted to try the game. I warned him, he didn't listen. The cost of the game was nothing compared to seeing his face while playing. Wish i had a picture of that.

7. nini

nini Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2012
    Must admit, when you see the dev's back catalogue of shovelware you feel a bit of the old Dong Nguyen random popularity magic at work.

8. SirHanet

SirHanet Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Halifax
    #68 SirHanet, Sep 14, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
    Actually, the game is selling really well in the Canadian App store and to be truthful it's in the top 5 in the Top 25 section of the App Store. It sold really well on PC and well enough that the game is getting a sequel.

EDIT: Lets not start a price war here please. Everyone has their own opinions on prices of games. My opinion is that $2.99 is the perfect price for this game.

9. pinOi32

Apr 24, 2014
    #69 pinOi32, Sep 15, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
    I was never trying to start anything.

And yes, I did say it would sell well in the beginning.

10. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    I don't actually hate you. I was obviously exaggerating. I do think it's nonsense to belive 0.99 is a "reasonable price" for any decent game.

11. pinOi32

Apr 24, 2014
    To previous post above:

Yea. It's really obvious.

12. Rivalsan

Rivalsan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 26, 2011
    It's now #1 on iPhone and #2 on iPad. I'd never even heard of this game until the other day, but now I might have to check it out. Those YouTube videos look disturbing, though.

13. Blackharon

Blackharon Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Game Designer for Ludia
    Canada
    Never heard of this game before Friday... and finally started playing last night.

Whoa.

That's all I have to say.

It does exactly what it needs to do. I haven't beaten it, I'm stuck on the third night, but I'm so terrified of failing again that I might not play it.

Which is fantastic! Kudos to the devs.

14. ioscody

ioscody Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2014
    They really need to add the names to the rooms map.

15. Cadenza

Cadenza Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2013
    It doesn't matter if this has the most unique concept ever. Its UI is simply horrid:
    - A 2014 iOS game without the ability to rotate orientation? Are you serious?
    - No menu whatsoever, no settings, not even a credits menu
    - No tutorial whatsoever. I have absolutely no effing idea what I'm supposed to do in this game. Once you launch the app you watch this 5-second intro scene of some newspaper classified ad, then it shifts to the view of the restaurant. All you can do is turn the lights on/off, open/close the door, and watch the security cameras. Like wut? Am I supposed to do something here?
    I can't tell if this is supposed to be a joke game (like that real time truck driving simulator where you drive a truck for 8 hours real time) or what?

16. SirHanet

SirHanet Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Halifax
    That's what made the game UNIQUE!! You have to watch for the animatronics and if they get you, you're stuffed into an animatronic suit. You use the camera to watch out for the monsters but don't watch em' then you're dead. Maybe search up this get of stuff on the Internet first then complain.

17. Cadenza

Cadenza Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2013
    A game that requires you to search up on the internet before playing for simple instructions? That's not unique, that's a failure in design. We're not talking about a simple game concept like mario where you jump around and collect coins, that doesn't need instructions. A unique game like this requires simple instructions or even a mission objective, otherwise it's just plainly annoying. It's too much to ask to have a simple popup at the beginning stating your objective and basic UI elements? And btw how is not providing orientation settings "unique"? Sounds more like the dev forgot, or doesn't know how to code one. Obviously the dev himself knows what you're supposed to do in this game, I guess he thought everyone else did as well. :rolleyes:

18. FNAF

FNAF New Member

Jun 12, 2015
    Shadow

If you look in the lump part of the shadow on the top very closely, and zoom in, you can see a set of jaws!!!:eek:

19. Necros1s

Necros1s Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2015
    Male
    play game
    check under your bed i may be there
    I come from geometry dash :D

20. guzzla

guzzla Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 12, 2015
    Go back while you still can and avoid this wretched mess of a "game".