Universal Football Heroes 2015 (by Run Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Nov 7, 2013.

1. krillin63

krillin63 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2013
    when it's out in the french appstore??

2. revolverblue85

revolverblue85 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    Yeh you have to select the individual player which can be difficult with all the chaos going on. I also noticed sometimes I'll switch players and the directional will get locked in the wrong direction of where I'd like to go.

Between this morning and my lunch break I've lost 3 times in the second bowl and having a blast.

3. slammajamma28

slammajamma28 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Software Developer
    'Murrica
    I'm having the same issue. Switching players on defense is extremely difficult to do when the play is moving

4. blastedw0lf4

blastedw0lf4 Active Member

Jul 27, 2010
    I have not purchased anything thru IAP thinking about the coin doubler...

but I totally agree with everything else this man said especially that part about the next update to include Leagues, Tourneys if possible? i'd settle for basic online match making if thats all you guys can put into it but LEAGUES omg....:D!!!!

maybe the winner of 1 of these leagues or tourneys gets an epic player?
    (along with a league champion patch decal or something :p)

customization aspect is the BOMB too whatttt omg....any color palette...being able to upload any image too....

the only slight con i would say is the controls ina slight way....

it is a little hard at times to try to switch players when your already running with someone else.....tackles dont always come out so smoothly it would be cool to see if maybe you guys can incorporate alternate controllers maybe with buttons and a dpad for authentic tecmo style play????

but for what it is GREAT JOB, thanks for making everyday life just a little more bearable (especially in those sucky places like work, on line @ walmart, DMV)

IOS GAMING is teh PWN!

5. sbxsat

sbxsat Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Very nice game! Reminds me of Blood Bowl. Add in Star Players, cheerleaders, chainsaws, grenades and we're golden!

Some questions though:
    1) can bronze players level up to become silver or are they forever locked in that category?
    2) can i choose skills? Are they random or do all players in a particular position have the same skills? One of my players leveled and got a second skill but i didn't get a choice of skills to pick from.

6. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2013
    in the next update it would be great to have fixed the switching of players issue, the problem with how lining up for the field goals works and making first touch down win in overtime. please and thank you when do...

7. MMarzola

MMarzola Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    We just launched in France. The game should available in the next couple of hours, sorry about the delay

8. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    Switch player on defense

So this is a tough one. Allow me to first explain the way the mechanic works currently:

When you have one finger down and are running in a direction as selected defender, you cannot switch players of defense. When you want to change players, you need to release all touches from the screen and tap or touch the player you want to switch to.

The reason for this:
    During playtesting phase of development, players were complaining that they were switching players when they were trying to Punch or Tackle with the current selected defender. We made this change, but it created this switch player problem with a finger down. This is a very difficult problem to solve and we have tried several alternative solutions. So...

My question is how do think this mechanic work should?

And thanks for the feedback

9. bobbstermang

bobbstermang Active Member

Dec 11, 2012
    This game is so fun it's ridiculous!

10. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    1 - They cannot level up beyond Bronze, we have plans for this in the future but for right now a leveled up Bronze player cannot turn into a silver player

2 - Currently skills are associated with the player card, they do not change and are static. At one point we had swappable skills, but playtesters were beyond confused by this system. We plan do want to revisit this idea and see if we can make it work and have the code to do it, its just a usability/ UI issue at this point.

11. revolverblue85

Aug 10, 2012
    The problem though is once you take all touches off and select a player sometimes I'll get a random direction my player will go in when I touch again.

I have no idea what it takes to make a game but I'm assuming here is no one to add a switch player button. Even if you could I think it's get in the way.

Overall though still loving this. I even wish we had an option to change quarter times, and difficulty.

12. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2013
    #52 newtothis, Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
    would buying packs help upgrade my players? im getting stopped after the third team in the rookie bowl, think i need better players or some luck haha

p.s. would adding a feature where once the opposing team passes the line of scrimmage, your player is auto selected when they are near the player with ball work?...

also isnt anyone else having issues with the lining up of field goals i miss 90% of the times, but have it lined up what i thought was perfectly...

13. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Holy crap what a fun game!

14. sbxsat

sbxsat Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2011
    Skill typo

The skill Boxer Straight has a typo in the description.

'...a punch hole' instead of 'punch a hole...'

Q1. Is there any way to change card appearance? Would be nice if we could swap out the 'run juice' cards for prettier cards like 'uppercut joe' ;)

Q2. Kickers can't seem to move or punch once they kicked the ball. Is this intended?

Q3. I fought a team with a black coloured endzone. It made it very difficult to see the arrow when attempting a field goal.

Q4. There is no tooltip to describe what each stat does. What does fumble do? Run course? Etc.

Very nice game so far.

15. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Best football game on iOS hands down. Actually it's better than Madden 2013 imo.

16. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    The biggest problem I have is when you release the screen and click the player closest to the ball carrier, that defender stops and you have to catch back up. Catching some of the silver players is tough. Someone suggested possible auto targeting to the closest defender to the ball carrier or if you could make it where when you touch to switch an auto run feature kicks in until you swipe a direction. I guess a player cycle button could work but not sure how tedious that would be

17. sivad

sivad Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2013
    The kicking works very similar to many of my old NES football games so it just takes some practice. I got it down cold ;)

18. Living Legend

Living Legend Well-Known Member

May 30, 2013
    I agree with the problem of changing your defenders and trying to catch up to the offense. I haven't played the released version yet. But I LOVED it during beta testing(once I was able to play):)

19. revolverblue85

Aug 10, 2012
    Field goals no problem although it is hard with a black end zone. The only other thing I noticed as we'll was the kicker not beig able to punch after field goal which is noting cause I don't want them beating my boy up lol

20. MMarzola

Sep 7, 2012
    Game Developer
    Los Angeles
    - Purchasing players through the DRAFT and or buy Player Decks is a great way to improve your team. Think of Football Heroes like this, you start with a bunch of "Benchwarmers" that you can improve, but they have a skill cap and limited number of perks/powers. If you want to build a super star team you should use your coins to purchase Free Agents and Decks to find Super Star players with new perks and skill then level them up.

- We experimented with this during development, but this takes control away from the player and makes it difficult to play Prevent D and sometimes switches players when the player does not want to switch.