Forever Drive by SuperMono (Dev of MiniSquadron and EpicWin)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Boardumb, Apr 27, 2011.

1. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Ooh! :eek:

And regarding Race Forever - you literally did race forever... there's no ending if you play it right, it just loops between the two race types. ;)

2. precurser

precurser Member

Aug 8, 2011
  3. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
  4. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    WOW nice vid!

5. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
  6. Forever Drive looks amazing, but I'm not a fan of freemium models in general. Oh well, this is still definitely worth checking out.

7. mrfungfung

mrfungfung Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2010
    Thanks for checking it all out - we hope the freemium model we used is as fair as can be in the sense that you cannot get a *gameplay* advantage versus someone who has paid. There also isn't a time *limit* on your game either. The benefits of the in game currency are strictly to make the time taken to advance shorter. Let me know if you have any questions on this and we can elaborate!

8. jumpman475

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Nice. That sounds good.

9. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Hm... I'm not particular against this type of freemium model
    (in fact... I somewhat endorse it...)
    Questions:
    1. How many pricing tiers are there?
    2. How much more value will a player get between 2 prices? Eg. 0.99 compared to 1.99 (assuming the two price points are available).
    3. Are there non-recurring IAP? I LOVE those ... that give you extra content. Best thing is you keep them with your account forever.

Non IAP related question:
    Is a constant wifi or internet connection required to play? I only have access to those for half the time I'm awake...

10. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    You're allowed to play offline, you just can't download anymore tracks.

11. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Can I download and store tracks, and then have the game play them randomly or in sequential order (set by player)?

12. jumpman475

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Any news on a release date?

Other than october

13. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Downloading and storing will most likely be there (wouldn't make sense if it wasn't), but I'm not sure if they generate in random order or if you can arrange them.

14. mrfungfung

Feb 17, 2010
    @MystikSun

Hi! To answer your questions:
    1) There are 3 packs of priced Credits. At the moment they are set at $0.99 and then $2.99 and then $17.99 (or equivalents)
    2) From tier 1 -> tier 2 you get 10x more credits, and then you get another 10x credits for the last tier. This is subject to some small changes.
    3) There are a couple of non-recurring IAPs - paintworks and scenery and such. Most of the game is unlockable via game though so you don't feel you have to pay for it.

Internet connection is only required if you want to download tracks - otherwise you can replay the premade ones on the device.

@gunxsword
    The tracks are downloaded randomly depending on the ratings it receives after someone has raced on them.

Hope that clears some things up!

15. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Thanks for the response.

So, the game doesn't store download tracks is that right? Hope there's a function to store/favorite user made tracks or something for offline play (in future updates?).

16. mrfungfung

Feb 17, 2010
    Hey - it does store the downloaded tracks so that you don't need to always have a persistent connection to play. That way it can download a bunch of them when you need them and you can play through it before it goes and grabs another bunch!