Universal Forgotten Forest: Afterlife (by Six Foot Kid)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
  2. MasonHurst

MasonHurst Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2013
    I politely pointed out that a lot of people don't appreciate permanent auto hints and I fully explained WHY. This may be helpful to the dev... More so that just a group hug that some seem to demand in every thread.

Maybe some here didn't express it in a PC friendly enough manner for you but I thought it was damn good customer and potential customer feedback. Some companies actually have to pay for this kind of info.

3. MasonHurst

Jan 9, 2013
    Sure. I've played many a match three that had a checkbox in the preferences that was labeled " disable auto-hints".

Other games simply turn the feature off automatically after a level or two. I'm not sure why it would be left on at all permanently. This seems IMHO to try to remove any of the gameplay a match three actually has.

Remember...people wouldn't spend the time writing about their concerns if they weren't interested in your product.

But some may express it more aggressively than others #

4. stikklebrix

stikklebrix New Member

Mar 29, 2015
    I have exactly the same problem - the game doesn't exit the final level when you complete it.

5. Six Foot Kid

Six Foot Kid Active Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Hi stikklebrix, I have sent you a PM regarding this issue, just chasing some details (device, OS etc.) to help us resolve it. Appreciate your patience!

6. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

#26 Anotherkellydown, Nov 3, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
    Cool behind the scenes video. Seems like a great team. Picking up Forgotten Forest now!

*edit*​

Only 6 levels in so far but I really like this. Especially the music, it's very nice, even a little spooky =O

Love the game mechanics. Moving Aster by touching him/her at the start of the match sequence or just making matches to open up more is a clever twist on the matching genre. Trying to collect all the memories ATM. The dark atmosphere along with the music is just really nicely done.

Didn't notice the hint system being too obvious. Easy to ignore for me. Great job Six Foot Kid!

7. Six Foot Kid

Jun 14, 2012
    Hi folks,

Firstly, just a quick thanks to all of those that have supported us by purchasing Forgotten Forest: Afterlife. As a small studio the last few days have been pretty exciting!

We've been made aware of a bug affecting some players where they're unable to complete level 30 :( The issue has been mentioned here a couple of times. We just want to quickly let the community know that we have fixed the issue internally and are just running some final tests before we get the new build off to Apple ASAP.

We also took the opportunity to act on some of the feedback we received and have added a toggle allowing players to switch off the auto hints system :) Yay!

As always, we appreciate the feedback and have loved all the positive messages we've received about Forgotten Forest: Afterlife. We hope you continue to enjoy the game!

8. MasonHurst

Jan 9, 2013

Great job. Now I'm all in! #

9. stikklebrix

stikklebrix New Member

Mar 29, 2015
    Yep, it's a great game, and it's always good to support developers who give good customer service, so two reasons to buy ;)

10. Chinaski

Chinaski New Member

Nov 24, 2014
    Really cool spooky graphical theme and music. The developer has tried to add an original element to the match-3 gameplay by having a character to move around the board, and it works well. There's an extra level of strategy to the game as you pick up all the memories within a limited number of turns.
    I'm playing this as much as I played Hero Emblems, which is a lot!

11. Six Foot Kid

Jun 14, 2012
    Excellent, thanks guys!

The update has been submitted and is currently being reviewed. I'll update this thread when it goes live :)

12. Lawrence Coleman

Lawrence Coleman Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2015
    After so long time I am looking for this game thank you for the forgotten forest..

13. MasonHurst

Jan 9, 2013
    Ok I (and others) moaned about the auto hints always being on so you put in an option to turn them off. Now I have to buy it to hold up my end of the agreement. Darn you receptive Dev's! #

DL'ing now...thanks for listening.

- M

14. H4nd0fg0d

H4nd0fg0d Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Nice update! Thanx for the 'no hint' option, also. Much needed, imo. Unique twist on mundane match 3s. Good looking fun game. Cheers.

15. JaredG

JaredG Member

Nov 12, 2015
    I would like more hints! :)

16. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    #36 houseofg, Nov 12, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
    Ditto! And I see that the price was just dropped a buck.

17. Six Foot Kid

Jun 14, 2012
    #37 Six Foot Kid, Nov 13, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
    So obviously some of you have noticed (which is great, and we hope you enjoy it!) that we have just released an update for Forgotten Forest: Afterlife.

Acting on player feedback, this update gives users the ability to turn off Forgotten Forest: Afterlife’s hint system via a toggle within the options menu as well as some crucial fixes.

To celebrate the update (and Friday the 13th!), Forgotten Forest: Afterlife will be ON SALE all weekend, starting Friday for $1.99USD (regular price $2.99).

But wait! There's more! This weekend we're running a competition here on the Touch Arcade Forgotten Forest: Afterlife thread for one of three iOS copies of Forgotten Forest: Afterlife. TO ENTER, simply answer the following question;

In ‘Forgotten Forest: Afterlife’, Aster is stuck in limbo, if limbo is a reflection of your life, what would your limbo be?

Let us know in comments below! This will run until Monday the 16th when we'll PM the winners.

[​IMG]

Full terms and conditions can be found here

18. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    My limbo is that I'm an iPad that gets stuck in a forever reboot loop.

19. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    My limbo is checking Touch Arcade threads too often.

20. IOSgamer1980

IOSgamer1980 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2015
    My limbo is waiting for that next great app only to buy and enjoy it, and then wait for that next great app... :D