Universal Forgotten Forest: Afterlife (by Six Foot Kid)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Oct 28, 2015.

1. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    My limbo would be waiting until Monday to play ;)

2. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    My Limbo:
    I am surrounded by hundreds of desirable games. I keep trying them but every one of them are too hard to play! :)

Or:
    I've just purchased some games. I can't play them because my ipad won't charge.
    Sometmes it'll charge for a minute or two up to maybe 3 or 5 percent.Enough to turn on an app but not play it.
    WAIT!! This did just happen to me. It was Hell....... :)

3. MasonHurst

MasonHurst Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2013
    I can't help but think there could be an enjoyable endless mode for this game. Starts as normal but you get points for the memories you collect BUT after you get the initial three... more appear.
    So the risk/reward is how many you dare to keep collecting before you screw yourself and can't get to the top to end it and collect your points. Should you go for just one more and risk all your points or should you cash out now?

I think it would be great but I know the realities of apples deliberately overcrowded app store and how there would be no monetary incentive for the dev's to add this.

It's a damn shame though ###

4. Six Foot Kid

Six Foot Kid Active Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Thanks for the entries guys!

Thanks for the feedback, MasonHurst. It'd be great to do something along those lines, but we'd have to find a way to monetize it though for it to be viable.

This weekend we're running a competition here on the Touch Arcade Forgotten Forest: Afterlife thread for one of three iOS copies of Forgotten Forest: Afterlife. TO ENTER, simply answer the following question;

In ‘Forgotten Forest: Afterlife’, Aster is stuck in limbo, if limbo is a reflection of your life, what would your limbo be?

Let us know in comments below! This will run until Monday the 16th when we'll PM the winners.

[​IMG]

Full terms and conditions can be found here

5. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Sad to say this but my wife and I are likely going to be filing for divorce...not knowing what the future will be with my wife and kids...that is my limbo.

6. IOSgamer1980

IOSgamer1980 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2015
    Seriously though, my limbo:

An elementary school playground during my parents' divorce. School really wasn't pleasant during this time, but it wasn't acutely awful - just kind of like a waiting room where you existed until something bad enough happened to shake up the status quo, but until then you're just marginally existing in a state of anxiety and discomfort that makes it difficult to relate to others, resulting in a sort of social limbo.

7. MasonHurst

MasonHurst Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2013
    Sorry to hear it man...hang in there ok? Things may turn out better in some ways after the dust settles.

8. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    Thanks, appreciate it.

9. Six Foot Kid

Jun 14, 2012
    Hang in there, I'm sure things will pan out :)

Thanks for the entries everybody. We're within the final 24 hours now (unless we extend it ;)) So keep them coming.

10. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    That feeling when something bad happens and you're thinking "whos next?" Knowing that it's something as an individual you can't stop, no matter how much you really really want to. That there's a high chance it will happen again and That all you can do is watch on TV or read headlines as everything unfolds, that you can't do anything to help those who have lost people they love, and knowing that for how heartbreaking it is for myself to see such suffering, it's a billion times worse for those going through it, because they are feeling all this too while also dealing with grief, injuries and fear. Waiting for time to heal the wounds, while the world hopes "please don't let it happen again"

Sorry to bring a downer to the thread, and I'll think of something lighthearted to reply with later on, just feeling sad at what's on the news last few days. :(

11. Six Foot Kid

Jun 14, 2012
    We're just going through the entries now so if anybody has any final answers, now would be the time to post them!

TO ENTER, simply answer the following question;

In ‘Forgotten Forest: Afterlife’, Aster is stuck in limbo, if limbo is a reflection of your life, what would your limbo be?

Let us know in comments below! This will run until Monday the 16th when we'll PM the winners.

[​IMG]

Full terms and conditions can be found here

12. Six Foot Kid

Jun 14, 2012
    Okay folks, the winners are coolpepper43, Lavender & anthony78. Congratulations! :)

I'll be sending you all private messages shortly with instructions on how to claim your prize.

[​IMG]

13. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Thank you so much!!! I thought that I was going to lose for sure.

14. Valentia

Valentia Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 20, 2009
    Female
    Retired!
    California
    #54 Valentia, Nov 16, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2015
    That was touching, cloudpuff--sad and true and very human.

15. Valentia

Valentia Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 20, 2009
    Female
    Retired!
    California
    This is a genuinely lovely game. I love the artwork so much, and the game is very fun to play.

16. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    I'm enjoying this, but the fact that the turn counter (and to a lesser extent the memory indicator) partially obscures the playing field is rather annoying.

17. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    First, thanks for the code!

Really enjoying the game. Very polished, great music and nice gameplay twist.

That said, I played about six levels and quit the game....now my progress is gone. Is this a bug in the current version?

18. Six Foot Kid

Jun 14, 2012
    Glad you're enjoying the game guys :)

anthony78, this is the first report of a lost save file we have had, I'll be sending you a PM about your issue shortly.

Misguided, the turn counter at the bottom of the screen has bugged a couple of us in the office as well, as a result we've tried several things to try and make it better but none of them fit with the general aesthetics of the game. It's still something we're experimenting with and may change in the future.

19. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    This looks very cool for the Match-3 Genre. I had forgotten about it when it launched a week or 2 back. But saw it in AppShopper tonight and was quick to hit the purchase button. Good luck with your next game(s) as well as any future updates with Forgotten Forest.