Forgotten Memories - A psychological survival horror

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by kugi_igi, Dec 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dirty Harry Hannahan

Dirty Harry Hannahan Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    Good things come to those who wait. Patience is virtue. That being said, I'd rather wait patiently for a well crafted game like this one than have a shallow rushed game like many games we've all seen come along the way recently. Really looking forward to this one.

2. Platyrrhine

Platyrrhine Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    You say we'll all smile when we play this game. I don't see myself smiling when I play, to be honest. More than likely I'll soil myself and cry in fear. Unless, of course, you make a version with unicorns, fluffy bunnies, kittens, and lots of hugs for everyone. Then I'll smile :)

3. Firetruck94

Firetruck94 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    on mars
    This won't support Itouch 4 will it, I don't care about effects, I just want it to run.

4. tatoforever

tatoforever Well-Known Member

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    iPhone4 and iTouch4 will be supported (heavy shaders and effects will be turned off), low resolution and textures quality also are lowered. I mean, the experience won't be the same but at least you will be able to play the game. Don't expect to play it at 30fps, even with high quality off, still quite heavy for such devices.
    Cheers,

5. Adeeb246

Adeeb246 Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Canada
    I've been following this thread since the beginning, and I've been wanting to say that I really appreciate the fact that the devs are making an incredible high-quality game for iOS devices. They're actually taking the time to make sure that we get an amazing experience on a mobile platform. Not many developers take iOS seriously, and FM will be the result of what happens when they do. I am looking forward to this game. I cannot wait to purchase it on day one, and it will be gifted to many friends.

Thank you Tato and team for development, for always keeping in touch with your fan base, and for raising the bar for other developers to create quality games :)

6. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    I've had WAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY more fun playing all these Gameloft games that "have no soul " (like MC4, wild blood, asphalt 7 , nova 3 , even the freemium zombiewood) than reading a thread about an ios game that has been going on for 3 1/2 years .

7. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Pshh. As I recall, you were "one of those guys" who said that Ravensword 2 isn't coming out and that it was all hype. Now it's releasing this week. Likewise, when this finally releases, you will have to eat your words again. It isn't like we don't have proof there is a game, or that there aren't big names behind it. So just remember that patience is a virtue, and this will probably be the best horror game on the platform if what we've seen is anything to go by. I'm not getting a kickback of any kind for defending the game, but I do think posts like these are rather off base and quite incorrect.

8. Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    MC and Nova are great, they're the result of a large developing process and upgrading existing material to release better versions of the original: being MC4 and Nova 3 the results, those games do have soul.

If you enjoyed the rest of the games you mention you just don't have good taste and you settle with little, that's fine, but don't criticize those who'd rather patiently wait for a quality product.

9. jackbear

jackbear Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2012
    marketing officer~
    Indonesia
    seriously, can't wait O_O"

10. fulcizombie

Dec 17, 2011
    Keep your opinion about my taste to yourself .

11. fulcizombie

Dec 17, 2011
    I have never posted in the ravensword 2 thread as far as I can remember .

12. tatoforever

tatoforever Well-Known Member

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    Your joining date is December 2011 which make it impossible (for you) to wait 3(1/2) years. By the way, the game was unofficially announced in December 2009 by an other guy, not me. I've then decided to post updates in his thread.
    Back in 2011 I asked moderators to give me possession of this thread due to the fact that the author of this thread was unreachable (and i had to upgrade the first page). Even if the game was prototyped before 2010, the real game production started by the end of 2010. So i don't know exactly where did you got those numbers? :D
    Anyway, if you are really interested in FM (and you can't wait anymore), keep playing other games till FM came out and see by yourself. :)
    Warm regards from Psychoz Team!

13. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    If you had more fun reading a TA thread than playing a game, I would be very surprised. And saddened for you.

Frankly, I risk nothing by being excited for this game. If it never comes out, I'll move on to another game. If it comes out and it's awful, I'll move on to another game. If it comes out and it's great I'll enjoy it. In the meantime, I look forward to the game. I don't know about you, but I prefer to look forward to things, rather than dreading them or preemptively dismissing them.

14. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    X files music would be perfect with that pic lol

15. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I'll have to admit to being more than a little bit confused by the doubters.
    I'm generally not the most optimistic of people but all I see in this thread is evidence, solid evidence, of a game that is in development.

In fact one that is getting what I would consider a full proper grown up development cycle as opposed to the standard rush it out and fix it later or quick release it before we run out of money notion that some (not all, but definitely some) who develop for iOS.

The evolution and massive improvements in the game visuals are clearly visible through the posts Tato puts up and has put up over time. I think if you've been following the thread, you should have learned a lot from it about the actual amount of time and effort that goes in to development rather than taking it as some are that it'll never come. Game development isn't as easy as some seem to think.

I've been following the thread as a lurker since before I joined up and am very glad actually that it didn't come out sooner because I think the newer hardware is now finally at a place where it can equal the ambitions of what the developers are trying to make.

Anyway, long story a bit shorter, I'm 100% sure its neither a hoax nor some kind of social experiment so could the doubters give them a chance or at least stop trying to convince others it ain't coming.

It kinda reminds me of the iPad mini debate before it was released. Many said it would never come and we all know how that turned out.

16. Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    No, don't like reading about someone else's opinion? Don't post your own either.

Period.

17. Firetruck94

Firetruck94 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    on mars
    OMG thank you, you are awesome, and the game looks awesome too.

18. mynameisjesse

mynameisjesse Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Anyone who played their last game will understand why they are going to take their time fine tuning FM. I completely understand...they don't want that to happen again.

19. Idgeian

Idgeian Active Member

Nov 26, 2012
    End of the month

I am a doubter about this game and all the different promises of release dates.
    Tato said release date to be announced by the end if this month so I will give him the benefit of the doubt THIS ONE LAST TIME.
    Also if tato spent less time on here with lengthy replies and just came on here once a week he could then spend more time on the game if it does really exist.