Forgotten Memories - A psychological survival horror

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by kugi_igi, Dec 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Touching post Masterchief. Anyone can rant like Idegian, but it takes a real man to apologize so publicly like that. I don't even think your previous post was really offensive, certainly nothing like Idegian's constant attacks and disrespect. I really do hope the game comes out in May, but I personally do think that we might see delay again; it's just the name of the game (no pun intended). But I firmly believe that there is a game here and that it will be completely fantastic, unless Tato goes crazy and decides to implement a freemium pricing scheme.

2. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    Not really, photoshopping can be done onto photos like the unicorn :D but you can't really fake computer game images as far my imagination goes

3. ThreeCubes

ThreeCubes Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    #2463 ThreeCubes, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
    Well actually they can be how do you think special effects work? (I m not say they have been) but it would be very very easy to fake game shots especially if you are using tools like unity. I actually did that unicorn shot in about 2 mins in powerpoint if i had used the tools in photoshop and spent more time it would look 100%. (Again I believe the game is very real and we should let tato have the time he needs)

4. tatoforever

tatoforever Well-Known Member

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    #2464 tatoforever, Jan 15, 2013
    Guys,
    This is an other character from the game you'll be able to interact with. Still WIP and will get improved but to let you taste it a bit. The refraction shader on the glasses are wrongly tweaked, so watch out. :D
    Enjoy!

Attached Files:

5. Platyrrhine

Platyrrhine Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Is he being patted down by airport security?

Sorry, I had to. Looks good btw.

6. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    Ahaha, nah, that's how models get imported in the game engine. It's called T pose. The reason it's because that's the best way to rig and skin 3D models. :)

7. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Looks really good, especially WIP! The coat could use a better texture and come bump mapping, though.

Really like the detail of the face. Don't think I've seen anything like that before on iOS.

8. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    #2468 tatoforever, Jan 15, 2013
    I'll try to record a real-time lighting video with the character, it looks 10 times better with real game materials (rim, bump, specular, skin, hair shaders) than plain static lighting.
    [EDIT] We are also improving the main character (Rose), I'll post some screen of the final thing very soon.

9. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    He has some sort of ID card...a doctor or security guard?

Yeah post some pics of Rose too, please!

10. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    He's Rose partner, it's an Inspector (like Rose). :)
    We also have other characters that you'll learn a bit about them later.

11. Shirflex

Shirflex Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2012
    Keep up the good work guys.. Nice character

12. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Partner...hmm that reminds me I heard whispering of a co-op mode earlier in the thread, this still in the works or you going for a more claustrophobic, alone-in-the-dark experience?

13. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    Don't worry, it's solo mode, no multiplayer or coop mode. You'll be all alone in the darkness. Even if you are able to get control of others characters, you'll always play on your own, alone. :D

14. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    No BS like Dead Space 3 :rolleyes:

15. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    #2475 tatoforever, Jan 15, 2013
    FM is firstly a storyline oriented game, with strong emphasis on characters psychology and mental states but also on Human history itself that brings real gameplay values to player (not crappy false rewards). We go really deep in the process (can't say much about it sorry). :D

16. handintoaster

handintoaster Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    What made you start developing for iOS instead of console/PC?

17. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    FM was firstly intended for PC but when the mobile gaming exploded we saw an opportunity on it. Regarding consoles, It was really hard to get a console licenses being an indie dev back when FM was started. Now isn't a problem, Sony, MS and even Nintendo are more open to smaller developers. Though, our next target would be PSVita. We aren't sure yet if would be an enhanced port of the current version of FM, a sequel or an entire new game exclusive to Vita. That will mostly depends on Sony. Whatever that's going to be, you guys would be the first one to know it. :)

18. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    The thing I love about iOS is that we get to talk to and interact with developers. I don't know of a single other platform that has this kind of communication between the two. Really appreciate your updates and staying in touch with this thread :)

Hmmm, enhanced?
    Is the Vita really more powerful than current iOS devices?

19. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    Most of them yes, due to the fact that there's no fat OS layers to traverse, so even the Vita vs an iPad3, vita still winning miles ahead. Not to mention that it has 4CPU cores and 4GPU cores. Drawcall count can also be higher on vita for the same reasons (less software layers to traverse, closer to the metal).

20. handintoaster

handintoaster Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Do you guys do all of the voice acting or do you hire voice actors?