Forgotten Memories - A psychological survival horror

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by kugi_igi, Dec 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tatoforever

tatoforever Well-Known Member

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    We have indoor and outdoors environments. Six huge and explorables hospital indoor floors and 4 outside levels to play through the game. :)
    Cheers,

2. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    I agree. There's no need for insults in constructive criticism. I do think that the descriptive text could use some improvements - there are some words (like the ones pointed out) that aren't used properly or don't make a lot of sense together, and there are some grammar errors as well. However, those can be pointed out without adding in derogatory comments.

3. andrade_horhe

andrade_horhe Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Interesting game.

4. Ghost-Pro

Ghost-Pro Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    #1084 Ghost-Pro, Apr 2, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2011
    This thread was started well over a year ago and has since spawned over a hundred pages, yet still not a single piece of this game has graced our iDevices. Hell, last I remembered this game was supposed to be released last fall. I'll put it on the table bluntly, it's taking too long and quite frankly if you add anymore content to this already gorgeous game it's going to exceed two gigabytes. A game of that size is going to prove impossible for people to install. I believe I am speaking the voice of many when I say that my confidence in this game is beginning to shake.

Ps: can I expect my iPod Touch 4G to run this game? The graphics seem to be exceeding the capabilities of my device. This thread was created before the demise of my iPod Touch 3G and you assured us that 3G devices were compatible, but somewhere down the road you abandoned the 3G.

5. Cmdr_Overscore

Cmdr_Overscore Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011
    I think someone once said that the iPhone 4 and ipod touch 4g have performance so close it's unnoticeable. I think that would be because of underclocking or the ios itself maybe. So if it doesn't work on the latest ipod its gonna struggle on the iphone 4. And anything mega-ly over 1 gig (nova 2 and fifa 11 and around one) I wouldn't download if it struggled on my device.

6. thethinice

thethinice Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    Well, tha is certainly good, just like the infamous monsters of Silent Hill, such as the bloody nurses and Pyramid Head, it's really cool and creepy, and very engrossing, when the characters inner fears project, and the story of the game is told, in bits and pieces, through the monsters that you have to fight.

7. Starkiller

Starkiller Active Member

Jan 13, 2011
    so hows the game coming a long, anything new that have likes pictures of the outside areas?. anyway hope it the game is in good pace.:)

8. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran

9. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
  10. PnExT

PnExT Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2011
    after long long waiting now i don't want to try this:mad:

11. Vee

Vee Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere in your imagination
    This is a sentiment I can relate to. I take patience as a great virtue but frankly, this is just plain ridiculous. I dunno what you're trying to accomplish but you're losing fans exponentially.

12. Xyo

Xyo Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2011
    I haven't been here long, but I've heard about the wait.
    It seems ridiculous.

13. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    :rolleyes: Did you guys not read the thread?!

14. Xyo

Xyo Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2011
    I have. All I'm saying is that from what I've heard, the wait up to now has been long.

15. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Rushing a game for a release date is never a good idea. In the end no one is happy. The customer gets a broaken or incomplete game and the developer will get loads of complaints, bad reviews and because of those two things also low sales numbers, also because it's a broaken or incomplete game.

16. Vee

Vee Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Student
    #1096 Vee, Apr 16, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
    So are you suggesting that reading the thread changes the perceived waiting time? Do you live in a universe where reading the thread somehow deforms 1 year into 10 days? Forgive me if I fail to see any logic in your argument. ;)

I agree with you 100%. However, I believe they shouldn't have introduced this game so early in the developement process. After a year, they still haven't released it... It's like torturing the fans. They shouldn't done what Gameloft does: release info a month before the release date. That way it builds hype without pissing people off.

17. packmon

packmon Active Member

Aug 26, 2010
    i cant see the video, it says its private.

18. Duke Floss

Duke Floss Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Writer - Producer - Engineer
    English Roundabout
    a year is not really torture - think of how long the development cycles were for games pre-millenium. I remember the wait for Morrowind - that was outrageous.

19. thethinice

thethinice Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    Sure the wait is long, but in the end, are you telling me that you won't buy the game because you had to wait too long for it? I mean, better late than never, right?

20. Vee

Vee Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Student
    #1100 Vee, Apr 17, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2011
    Of course I'll buy it! But I'll play it with an underlining tone of resentment...

A year is torture for someone who literally screamed at the computer when he first saw the thread a year ago... (screamed in joy of course ;))

BTW: 1,111th post!!!! Where's my prize?