Forgotten Memories - A psychological survival horror

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by kugi_igi, Dec 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    Loving what I'm seeing so far! Can't wait to get my hands on this :D

2. bebo_beta2002

bebo_beta2002 Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    will this game support 3gs?

3. tatoforever

tatoforever Well-Known Member

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    Nop, sorry, there's too many advanced heavy graphical features impossible to run on such hardware.

4. FeNoMeN

FeNoMeN Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    and not support iphone4 too :(

5. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    So I'm guessing its a no on iPod Touches (4th gen) as well?

6. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    #1706 tatoforever, May 23, 2012
    Last edited: May 23, 2012
    Unfortunately no, making multiple version of the same asset will slow us down and delay the launch date by half. Not only that but also harming the design of the game which rely on new post-process (you will understand why later when we publish some alpha videos).
    Btw, an even improved version of Forgotten Memories will be available for PC and MAC Q1 2013.
    [Edit] The minimum requirement will be A5 hardware (or newest).

7. Djay187

Djay187 Active Member

Jan 29, 2012
    #1707 Djay187, May 23, 2012
    Last edited: May 23, 2012
    So what happened to this quote last month, when someone asked what version was going to be released.

8. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    I didn't mean that the game will run on first gen iOS hardware. I mean that when the game will be out, it will be available for those devices (iPhone, iTouch and iPad). In fact even if i don't specify the hardware version on that message, you can read about it few threads back.

9. scott99

scott99 Active Member

Jan 22, 2011
    I hate to say this, but I will NEVER buy a game from this company, Ever. I've been following this thread since it started 2 1/2 years ago. At that time, I had an iPhone 3G, and had already owned the company's first game, Dead Strike, and was extremely excited about their next game. Pan forward 2 1/2 years later, 3 iPhones later (I only have the iPhone 4), and to find out that this game will ONLY work on the iPhone 4s, is truly disturbing. What have we all been waiting for these last 2 1/2 years ? Obviously the game was supposed to come out for an iPhone prior to the iPhone 4s, but did the developer PURPOSELY drag their feet for 2 1/2 years waiting for an iPhone powerful enough to handle their game ? What use were all the sneak peaks even just 2 years ago other than to fake us out into waiting for this game.

I feel incredibly mislead. Yeah I will update my phone to an iPhone 5 when it comes out, but NO I will not be buying this game.

10. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    Hello,
    Lot of stuff have changed since, the internal design, our employees, the game design, characters, project funding, etc. We found that working on a game to covert all possible devices out there will put us into the same boat as 99% of iOS developers. We are aware that graphics doesn't make a game, but in our case, graphics are really part of the game design. There's some heavy post-process that requires recent mobile hardware. Also, we don't really care if we don't sell tons or many copies by selling only to recent hardware. We do care about a complete game that doesn't lack any desired feature (graphics, gameplay, sound, storyline).

11. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    I'll keep this short and sweet: by choosing to release it for A5 devices (and up), you are limiting your profits to a much smaller number than would be originally projected. You possibly won't even see a profit for a long time, especially if iTunes doesn't choose to advertise it.

At this rate, I won't buy it either, because I've got an iPod Touch, and I don't plan on jumping on the annual upgrade bandwagon yet.

12. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    iOS is not the only platforms we going to release the game. Pc, Mac, Android, OnLive and PS Vita are the upcoming platforms. As i said earlier, we've choose to maximize the quality and forget about the quantity.
    Cheers,

13. bngo16

bngo16 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    :)

Cool! I was a bit disappointed when I found out that it wasn't going to be for the IPhone 4, but I'm big fan of OnLive so I might just get it for that platform instead.

14. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    OnLive and Gaikai are pretty good cloud gaming services. :)

15. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    As interesting as this seems, on any other platform, it wouldn't appeal to me. This seems like an interesting game to take around on my iPod, but like most iOS titles, I wouldn't play it on my PC. It just doesn't strike me as the kind of title I'd want to play on it.

16. Djay187

Djay187 Active Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Sorry to Tatoforever but I have to say I agree with this statement, when you started this game there was no Ipad 2, 3 or Iphone 4, 4s and now were told it won't even work on Ipod 4th or Iphones 3gs, 4. And now we're supposed to be happy because it's going to be on other platforms and have better graphics.

17. zeonmx

zeonmx Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    Wait, so the game is coming to PS vita as same time as release date for idevices?

18. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    #1718 tatoforever, May 24, 2012
    Last edited: May 24, 2012
    Yes, iOS version is planned for this year.

19. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    #1719 tatoforever, May 24, 2012
    Last edited: May 24, 2012
    I understand your frustration.
    But, if you guys, don't have any plans to upgrade your devices we can do something for you.

20. tatoforever

May 4, 2009
    Lead/Game Programmer
    Montréal
    iOS is the first platform to be published. Others platforms will follow.