Forum Suggestion

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by skipper587, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Yffum

Yffum Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    I hope you're kidding. You seem smart, but there's a bunch of idiots out there who go to see movies because they look cool. The first thing I did after I saw that movie is post "It was almost as good as Transformers 2." Unfortunately, not many people understood the sarcasm. But back to my question ^^^. I seriously don't know.

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I was commenting on how originality doesn't matter, you can de-construct some of the greatest and most popular films, games and books of all time to find they're just reworks of existing material.

...and honestly, what's wrong with going to see a movie you think looks cool? Isn't that the only reason people do anything, because they think they'll enjoy it? Perhaps they should be going to see the movies for the trailers they absolutely hated. I wouldn't flick through a book in a store and think "seems pretty good, so it's probably shallow and unoriginal! *discards instantly*".

3. Yffum

Yffum Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    I don't mean looks cool, as in it looks like a good movie, with an interesting story, good acting, no corny jokes. I meant looks cool as in the graphics. Don't get me wrong, Avatar was alright and I enjoyed watching it for the most part, but it had no acting, an okay story, and I didn't really care for the characters. It just didn't grab me. Bottom line, I wouldn't learn an entire language for it. District 9, now that's a movie I'd learn a language for.

4. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    Avatar for me was more like looking at an impressive building or some other engineering marvel than watching a movie.

And Skipper, you've successfully managed to find a more irritating font than Ariel, that's quite a feat.

5. Irayo ma tsmukan :p (Just for you xD)

6. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Your obsession with Avatar still puzzles me.

7. Why? It's the same as your obsession with iPhone games.

8. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    There's a difference between iPhone games and a fake language, the difference being, one is tangible, one is made up. Am I trying to learn a non-existent language, that was only used in a movie? No..Do I have various weird links relating to said made up language?..No..

9. There's actually only 1 link to that...and as far as I can tell, Na'vi is tangible, being as I can write and speak it with thousands of others (and counting) on a daily basis.

10. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    So, basically, people are trying to make Na'vi the new Klingon. That isn't a compliment.

11. Na'vi is the new Klingon. You're a bit late.

12. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    I wouldn't go that far. Its trying to be. It isn't yet. Its like the nerd bar is being raised..

13. :D We prefer Uniltìrantokx.

14. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Where is Squirt Reynolds with his awesome pictures to describe this situation?

15. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Idk I've been wondering the same thing, he hasn't been coming around :(

16. :D That would be funny :p

17. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

What the heck.

18. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009