Free app providers discussion and updates

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by VoodooVyper, May 2, 2012.

1. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    Ive used this site b4 and am in amazement that some of you were able to download 7 gift apps...it seems like every app i install disapears and i run out of apps to install....any pointers?

...and yes there are tons of apps/sites like this on apple's appstore some you trade your "download" points for even appstore cards..

2. Rafnel

Rafnel Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2012
    I once sent an email to them about how my doodle jump code didn't work and I got an auto reply saying that they are too busy freeing apps to respond. Naturally, I was mad. A day later though the code magically worked and I got doodle jump.

3. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    What do you mean by disappear?
    I've been able to get 15+ apps from the site with no problems at all.

4. UmbraVir

UmbraVir Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Student
    CT
    Sponser App alert: Karma. 80pts. :D

5. sladeums

sladeums Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    Boooo
    Already did that one this week.

Get me somethin new!

6. kujen

kujen Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2012
    Saw Pocket God again, but got an error when I tried to redeem it. Tease!

7. Neswii

Neswii Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2011
    New sponsor via.me 80pts

I dont get why Camera+ is still at 520, its been for a dollar for a long time on the app store. Id like to get it, but 520 is too much...

8. snapb202

snapb202 Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2012
    Haven't got my mobli points yet, which sucks, and missed karma - but I guess you Cann't argue with free. After all we are getting free apps ( though VERY slowly) - free is free.

What did @Trev1 mean by apps disappear once you download them? I thought gift apps were downloaded with legit codes so they are yours once you download?

Was saving up for numbers as I had already bought pages and keynote, when that disappeared, thought I'll go for iMovies - now I have 1500, and am not interested in anything else - its true , most of the good gift apps except max Payne have disappeared or don't last long. I wish you could transfer credits - at least you can give them away to someone who really wants it.

9. RaptorF35

RaptorF35 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Computer Technician
    On a Motherboard
    #69 RaptorF35, May 4, 2012
    Last edited: May 4, 2012
    It's actually possible to get a gift app for someone. Go through the process of getting the app, until the app store prompts you for a password. Then give someone the promo code associated with the game.

Currently looking at PvZ, sitting at 1790/1820 on my iPod and 565 on my iPad, heh...

10. snapb202

snapb202 Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2012
    Thanks for the tip raptor! Am going to try it out right now, and make a special someone's day :D

11. Denivi

Denivi Member

May 4, 2012
    Is it just me or is free my apps starting to focus more on games? The whole list is practically all games, except for maybe one or two.

12. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    What I mean is after I download a app and install it...then delete it...I'm unable to repeat the process again...this limiting how many free apps/points I'm able to get... They seem to be constantly providing apps to download for points but nowhere near enough for me to get 15 games or enough points.

13. Snake Eater

Snake Eater Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    If you could do what you're asking everyone who uses the site would have more points then they would ever know what to do with

14. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    You're joking, right?

15. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    i'm very happy with FMA. i downloaded a LOT of promo apps and received all the points for them immediately or within minutes of launch, (except from one (which probably was my fault anyway)). and i redeemed my points for imovie, garageband and goodreader. never had any problems or errors with the codes i received whatsoever.

was saving up for iphoto which was the last app that i want and don't own yet, but they took iphoto off the menu. crossing my fingers for it to return some day.

16. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    Agreed. I can't believe hundreds of people complain in the Facebook page about not getting enough sponsor apps. They should be grateful they get free apps. :)

17. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Mobli not giving credits, just noticed it said end of day, hope that's the case.

18. Menneisyys

Menneisyys Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    I've received all the credits for it on all my devices the day before yesterday, around midnight.

19. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    #79 Trev1, May 4, 2012
    Last edited: May 4, 2012
    I believe you don't even know the nature of the post .... He was asking what I meant when I asked how the hell people grab 15 apps here so quick and I explained with the above post....(and when I mean 15 apps ...Im considering that at least half of them are decent in the 88 pt range right?) .. OBVIOUSLY if what I explained were true as far as us being able to download away over and over then it would be a useless site (for the owner - business wise)...BUT I do always find myself at a standstill with needing only a bit of points to grab what I want ....for example I need only 15 points right now to get amoebattle ....and that's after downloading all the apps on both of my idevices. Anyone end up getting there points for Mobli ....so it takes all day? If so I'll be golden....

But when did u download and run mobli?

20. UmbraVir

UmbraVir Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Student
    CT
    Well you know, it's likely that some people have more devices than you and/or have been lurking on FMA for much longer than you. I don't see how posting a way to abuse the system has any relevance to other people accumulating a lot of points.