Free app providers discussion and updates

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by VoodooVyper, May 2, 2012.

1. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    Posting a way to abuse the system? Where is the relevance there as far as my posts? I asked for pointers which basically meant how the hell are they grabbing apps so quick... Obviously yes lurking and owning several devices and sharing links is a possibility touché on that... But a downtown Hartford scam artist I am not lol......maybe a hard hittin New Britain one ... But Hartford naaaw...

Yes I am from CT and was hoping a little east coast "armpit" humor may break the ice:p

2. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Still no Sky Gamblers. Strange that they put it up and even had one of those bigger box ads at the top advertising it on the gift page. But then appear to have had very few codes with as quickly as it went away.

You'd think that more well known games like Max Payne would have gone quickly, but don't think it ever left the page after it was posted.

Well, I'll keep checking....hope they're working with the dev to get more codes.

3. sladeums

sladeums Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    I'm only using one device an I'm finding I can rack up enough to redeem for a new game (usually ~1500k+ points) about once every 4-6 weeks. More often if a Gift App I want goes on sale.

This was after my initial run of downloading every Sponsor available, and every Sponsor app coming out being new for me for the first couple months...I was able to cash in for about 7 games I believe.

I recommend checking at least twice daily (though I probably check 10x that).
    Always make sure to check on Fridays.
    Watch their Twitter for announcements.
    And I guess now watch here.

Failing to check on Fridays, or checking any less than at least once daily will likely make the run up to the next Gift quite long and arduous indeed.
    IMO

4. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    Now that's what I call a pointer! Thank you kindly , I will definitely refer back to this post when back home from work . ;)

5. Vigram

Vigram Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Sri Lanka
    Yep i'm waiting for Sky Gamblers as well :(

There was the same problem When Infinity Blade was added the first time on FMA too, The game showed up on the list but when selected it would say that it's not available and after a while the game disappeared from the site, and it came back after a few hours and only after that was i able to get the game.

6. sladeums

sladeums Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    No prob ... the main takeaway is that there is a very direct correlation between the frequency of how often you check the site and the number of Sponsor apps you can get.

They come and go sometimes in the span of hours, if not minutes at times.
    The more frequently you check the more chance you have of lucking onto one.

7. honeybutterfly

Jan 16, 2012
    i pressed the wrong button and redeemed a promo code for Camera+ on FMA a few days ago when i don't need one. does anyone want to trade it with another code?

8. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Well I got them now. 480 credits and no idea what to spend/save on.

9. Snake Eater

Snake Eater Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    Goodreader has been taken down from the site, basically any non useful game app is gone

10. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    Plants vs Zombies for ipad was taken out too D:

11. Snake Eater

Jun 23, 2011
    I feel there are only X number of apps to give away, that's why when Pages went up it was gone in like 20 minutes because the demand is so high for it

12. UmbraVir

UmbraVir Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Student
    CT
    damn... I was waiting to get goodreader. Just didn't think it would disappear.

Also, since these are redeemable codes, it may be that not enough people have earned enough points to grab all the codes and they've all expired at once. Which would make sense since a bundle of gift apps disappeared at once.

13. stevenc89

stevenc89 Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2011
    I wished there is a Freemyapps app so we can get notifications for new sponsors apps/gift apps.

14. Snake Eater

Jun 23, 2011
    That could be it, but if you check out their Facebook page everyone is complaining about Pages being gone an how they saved up for it. So it's definitely in high demand. When I downloaded Pages on Wednesday it was gone from the gift page not even 30 min later

15. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    3000 credits for gift card.. Now I know what I will be saving for .. Lol.

16. cjsbug

cjsbug Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Los Angeles
    I would have expected that to be 2600 credits following the pattern of the 9.99 apps, but I may bite.

17. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Definitely saving up for that as well. Now that the Apple apps are gone, there isn't really much on FMA that I want anymore.

18. Snake Eater

Jun 23, 2011
    I don't see that on the gift app page, but if true I'm saving for that

19. TakenXXDeadly

TakenXXDeadly Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Student
    Same, I can't see it either.

20. Menneisyys

Menneisyys Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Yup, removed. Two hours ago it was still there. (A blue iTunes icon in the middle of the list)