FreeAppADay Gold

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by albie09, Aug 5, 2010.

1. tym4n

tym4n Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Texas
    Guys, I know, it's going to be price of persia or rockband <==Sarcasm intended

2. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    This guy is such an idiot, or more probably just trying manipulate people, and perfectly knowing his "study" worth nothing and is just a stupid joke.

What are the numbers? One buy of $299? For one buy who know the story behind, you don't need a big brain to imagine it's possible someone click quickly believing it was a classical 2.99$ game. And then his personality made him more shameful of his error than angry and ready to protest to Apple. :rolleyes:

I'm sure that how is working the app store with some many cheap prices that it tends generate some blindly moves and buy. But well the top twenty of selling game is rather interesting if I compare it to top twenty of pc selling games.

3. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    http://www.geek.com/articles/games/super-meat-boy-developer-proves-the-app-store-is-kind-of-sht-20100311/

4. Soi-Fong

Soi-Fong Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Illinois
    lol I'm just hoping it's not PES 2010. haha
    I'm fine with X2 Football though!! lol

5. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Pes 10 is actually really good though. I have both games and pes has great gameplay

6. Qordobo

Jun 11, 2010
    @SkyMuffin: thanks for the numbers, that only show how stupid is this "study". The numbers are ridiculously low, and yes it claims 14 copies at $299 but for 75 Million potential users, 14 seeing 2.99$ and not complain is quite possible. :rolleyes:

7. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    Wait, are you calling a 100$ developer fee + less than a day of development, with 4000% profit....bad?

In all likelihood he could have made more, but Apple pulled it without giving a reason. And it isn't a study, it just shows you how ridiculous the appstore can be. Other people have attempted the same idea- just search for apps with high prices and see how bad they are. It is a working business model.

8. Qordobo

Jun 11, 2010
    You are surprised that people can do errors? Do you really believe your grand father would buy any game at this price? The numbers of buyers involved are ridiculously low that's the point and if you can't see it.

I'm very sorry for you if you really think that it's on purpose than any adult living would buy any game that price. It's so ridiculous to suppose it. That could be a stupid kid like there are many, or some mentally deficient people, but well take any conclusion from that with such low numbers is so ridiculous. Read again his conclusion and compare to numbers, it's just awfully stupid.

If that's a business model, it is easy to apply so go on, do it, and be in no honest people trying to abuse consumers. :rolleyes: Perhaps on base Apple should do something even if the number of people involved is very low. But knowing this importance of commercial freedom in US, I suppose it's difficult to setup rules about it.

9. Burton

Burton Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Canada
  10. Sukal

Sukal Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
  11. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    No. Leap Sheap is $1.99. And it's iPad only.

Glu's Jump O'Clock is the featured free app tomorrow. That's actually a pretty good app, hopefully setting the stage for an even better app.

12. Burton

Burton Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Canada
    hahaha, I know that. I'm just saying that it says it's the free app for August 6th in the description. Unless that's just for the iPad category even though it's a universal app...

13. Iphonerox

Iphonerox Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    I will be so happy if it is split/second. And it's the best guess we have so far, it is a big title and it is in need of popularity.

14. ICS Mobile

ICS Mobile Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Keep on guessing.....It's going to be a pretty good one, I mean it's one of my favorite app ever!;)

15. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Can you give a genre hint?

16. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Glad to hear it's not SS.

17. kiranb28