Universal Freedom Fall - (by Stirfire Studios) [Universal]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Mysticpete

Mysticpete Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    looks good! So will it not play on any ipod then? is it an ipad only game?
    Also, for those who have completed it, how short is the game? how many levels? hrs of gameplay?

2. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Holy crap serious?

3. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Thanks for the info, helps a lot.

4. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    #24 Montanx, Jul 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
    Well this was a good surprise, just beat this and it was fantastic. Some fiendishly brilliant level design here, satisfying to get through. Never far from a checkpoint so it never sends you frustratingly back through the tough parts. Awesome few boss fights and the written narrative keeps you just engaged enough in the story.

The controls took a few min to get the hang of but once I did it felt much smoother. I'd say even during the precision timing parts the controls never got in the way. Only my personal skill with them did, and those parts just took a few extra tries but felt rewarding once beaten. Again ill mention the frequent checkpoints, I detest games that force you to restart the whole annoying level so this was refreshing and kept me going for one more try until I beat it.

**about the controls** on ipad mini at first I thought i had to touch bottom of screen to jump and top part to run, but there's a much easier way. Just use the upper portion to do both. While running one way, pressing the opposite side will jump. That sounds confusing but This quickly became the easy way to do it. Use the first 2-3 levels to adjust and it will come easier. I'd say the controls are not a burden on the game.

Not a long game, but a rewarding one, well worth the price just to play through and accomplish. Had a devilishly tough time with the last boss but kept coming back for more til I beat it and it felt great. GOTW for me here.

5. Deixa

Deixa Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    This needs on screen controls. Left, right arrows on the left and a jump button on the right.

6. LOLCAT

LOLCAT Member

Jul 4, 2013
    It's universal, but there's a glitch that keeps it from playing on iPod Touch

7. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    I got convinced after seeing the PC version. Its amazing and like MC says its memorable moment after moment. Could benefit a lot with the controls of the PC version, with a jump button to do all actions and a dpad, but as it is now, its ok. Also, an endless mode could be the greatest addition ever. Great find

8. Deixa

Deixa Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2012
    What this game needs is proper controls and a better jump

9. Jake7905

Jun 20, 2013
    Just a heads-up to everyone who's considering buying this game, the price is going up to 5 bucks tomorrow.

10. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Phew... Good luck with that...

11. Jake7905

Jun 20, 2013
    Yeah, trying to decide if I want to buy it today or not. One thing's for sure, I'm not paying 5 bucks for a game that lasts an hour.

12. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    To be clear... I didn't mean to sound disrespectful. I seriously wish you the best of luck... But a game that looks this casual, no matter if its IAP free or not, might not do so well at that price point.

I think a lite version would help a bit...

13. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    I would happily pay $5 or whatever for a game that lasts an hour if it was good enough. I've paid ten times that for games I could beat in five or six, and I've double-dipped on a bunch of Square Enix games on day one. But while I hate most people's attitudes to pricing I do agree that this doesn't... quite seem like a premium app, on the surface. Creators are free to charge whatever they like, obviously! Sure, this does look pretty - that'd be why I bought it (even if it turns out I can't actually play it). But had it been the higher price to start with I doubt I'd have taken the plunge. Just saying.

14. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    This is $8 or $9 on Desura. Keep that in mind.

15. EightRooks

EightRooks Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2012
    UK
    I take your point, but if I'd seen it on Desura I wouldn't pay that price. ;) On first impressions alone, this game on its own probably wouldn't even persuade me to buy an indie bundle of some kind. It looks too much like your average Chillingo title: pleasant, colourful, probably entertaining, but ultimately largely forgettable when you know another one much the same is coming along in a week or two.

To be a little more positive, I don't regret paying the lower price or anything. And if the developers get an iPod fix in I'll reinstall it and give it a shot. Still, while this sort of discussion is always ridiculously subjective I just wanted to say - it caught my eye when the icon popped up on my iPod, and seeing the screens had me thinking "Ooo, pretty"... but I wasn't thinking SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY or anything. Not even close.

16. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Freedom Fall was nominated for Touch Arcade forums' Game of the Week poll. Developers may not vote for their own game. New user votes subject to review. You can vote for your favorite release from the week of July 18 here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=2908798

17. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Picked this up - though I waited too long, and had to drop $5...

I hope GameCenter is added... but most of all, a secondary control scheme. While I'm sure if I play enough, I'll get use to the current controls, but right now... meh... I feel like this is one of those games where an added level of difficulty is there simply because you're constantly fighting with the controls.

18. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    I agree and think $2 is the perfect price point for this.

19. kameboy

kameboy Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Ummm....Need a virtual controller,Plz!

20. cassul

cassul New Member

Jul 29, 2013
    Hey guys, I'm the producer at Stirfire Studios.

I want to let you all know that we are currently working on getting a new control scheme up for you (including a virtual d-pad).

We are also working on getting the game to work on the Touch for those of you who are having issues.

Unfortunately I can't give you a date on when we will be pushing these changes, but I want you all to know that we are definitely working on it.