French apps?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by APP-MASTER-360, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Vinvy

Vinvy Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    #21 Vinvy, Jul 17, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2010
    You tried to teach him something and point out an irony, but you come off just as insecure and miniscule and contrived as he did. His at least could be seen as a little helpful--pointing out an actual use of the 'wrong' conjugation--if you took out the negative tone. Your 'mistakes' were just trivial style issues, that change depending on what guide you use.

Why not? Maybe the TC wants to beat the ignorant mono-lingual american sterotype? Maybe the TC wants to learn to think differently, to experience a new culture, read new books, listen to new music, watch new films that can only be half appreciated in translation. Maybe the TC wants, to go travelling, or live in some of the greatest cities of the world such as Montreal or Paris and fully experience them. Maybe the TC wants to learn French, and then use it as an easy stepping stone into Spanish, Portuguese, Italian or Romanian? There are so many reasons to learn french, or a second language in general. Such a stupid question, sorry, I don't mean to insult you, but there is really no reason not to learn it outside of lazyness.

No, they are all crap to be honest, and aren't designed to help you outside of the basics, and the methods and implementation are generally crap, underdeveloped flash-cards; unless you want conjugation tables or a dictionary, which are actually good. The best of those have already been mentioned. If you are serious you will go on an exchange for 4 months(you will need 3+ to get anywhere unless you are extremely dedicated), or if you are really serious you will take my tips with the SRS programs; there are even some for the iPhone, I just noticed Ankimobile which will be the best, and worth it, but it is 24.99. And you will have to read up on it(i gave you enough links) and figure out how to use it yourself, because it won't just come pre-packaged for french, or hold your hands.