Universal Fruit Ninja (by Halfbrick)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Apr 20, 2010.

1. HalfbrickPhil

HalfbrickPhil Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    I need a bit of help from you guys - I have a few Fruit Ninja codes to test, can you please send me a DM if you have a device which doesn't yet have FN. I will need you to test it then let me know if it works successfully.

Thanks!

2. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I was a bit disappointed in the update. It seems to add nothing other than some IAP stuff. I thought there'd be new blades to unlock, new backgrounds, new fruit, etc. I don't mind the introduction of the IAPs if the balance is right (not sure yet), but I was expecting something more than that. Oh well. It's still a good game.

3. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    theres no reason at all to spend any money on the iap. I mean its there if anyone wants to make a donation to HB, but the game is certainly completely playable without buying any starfruit at all. I've played quite a bit since the update and the fact is that the power-up fruits don't actually do much to improve scores (at least in arcade mode which is all I ever play). You still need to get a really good string of bananas and take full advantage of them to get a great score. I can see the time bonus peaches making a big difference if you get to the end of a good round and get lucky with a double point banana and a freeze after getting a few extra seconds but that hasn't happened for me yet.

(still trying to beat my bro's score of 1309 in arcade :mad: )

4. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    Been loving the latest update! Was able to double my previous high score on classic- from 390 to 783 - on the time I didn't even use the powerups (was building up to it when using strawberry+bomb, but i ran out of strawberry and only used the bomb deflect less than a second before I died).

Awesome update and even more fun for Fruit Ninja. I love how the powerups don't require a ton of grinding (particularly love hitting packs of them in-game) but cost enough so I'm not constantly using them every game. Finally got myself back to this game after too long of a hiatus. By far my favorite of the insanely well known iphone games and one of my favorites in general as well.

5. suplio

suplio Member

May 5, 2012
    Fruit ninja is always the most have!

6. orangia

orangia Member

May 3, 2012
    One of my always favorit!
    Just wondering if there will be more updates or new modes~ you know, like Angry Bird! Any chance of season-fruit too?

7. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    IMO I like this update a lot more than updates with new blades and such. The new powerups you can buy really add an incentive for you to play more and also allows you to get even higher scores =]
    After playing for a bit more I've also realized the IAP is more than fair, since every so often a Starfruit appears in the game that can be worth 300 or so Starfruit. (3 uses of a powerup is worth 300 as well)

8. Gizmo 76

Gizmo 76 Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Any chance of a Starfruit doubler IAP? :D

I like the new twist in terms of the power ups and I'm looking forward to more being introduced... but I do find it has unbalanced it all slightly, you end up playing just to save up starfruit, then you have your real goes once you've got your power ups bought and enabled for 10 games... makes the saving up section become a bit of a chore.

On Arcade you always have a chance of that wonder go, where it hits you with your frenzies and that at the right times, and you keep it going. But Zen mode scores are now pretty much unachievable without the peaches and berries enabled.

I feel the Jetpack Joyride model works better, where once you bought your gadget it was there for good, to use as and when you like...

9. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    #2429 dclose, May 31, 2012
    Last edited: May 31, 2012
    I guess your love of the update depends on why and how you play the game. I've never been a high score chaser, so this update was very disappointing to me and left me no reason to pick up and play the game again. I've gotten all the achievements and unlocked all the blades and background so, like a few others here, I was disappointed to see this was all about the IAP and high score chasing. After 2 years on the app store, I expected more and got less.

Oh well, I got my money's worth out of the game, and will still pick up and play it when I'm looking to kill a bit of time, but otherwise this update does nothing to encourage a player like me to get back to playing again.

If you like the endless high score chasing, then I can see and agree that this update does a lot for a player like you. Nothing wrong with that, I'm just pointing out the difference in playing styles, and why this update didn't please everyone. I'm more disappointed they couldn't throw the non-high-score chasers like me a bone: maybe a new way to play (like they did for Puss in Boots) or a single new blade or a single new background...

10. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    I honestly can't imagine anyone playing fn as anything other than a high score game. You mean some people actually played it with nothing more than unlocking the backgrounds and blades as incentive? This is an absolutely classic arcade-style game that is all about chasing the high scores. The leaderboards are a bit borked, but the real fun is in competing with friends and family.

and I finally beat my bro the other day - 1348 points in arcade... :D

11. melvin2898

melvin2898 Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2011
    Insert comment complaining about iAP because I follow the crowd like an idiot.

I'll happily support your iAP. :)

12. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    A new update is out with some more unlockables.

13. Rlan

Rlan Active Member

Jun 1, 2010
    Senior Game Designer, PikPok
    Wellington, New Zealand
    [​IMG]

Yup! It took a while, but we finally were able to update Fruit Ninja with some new blades and backgrounds! It's actually been quite a while -- the last were back in December 2011 with the Firecracker Blade and Chinese Calendar background. About time we added some new ones.

What you'll find are three new blades:

Rainbow Blade - Now you can swipe fruit with the power of rainbows! Now you can pretend to be your favorite mechanized horse, space cat or flying pony! Use two fingers to see double!

Water Blade - Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless – like water.

King Dragon Blade – Harness the mighty power of the dragon and bring fiery destruction to all fruit in your path!

Fruit Ninja's been worked on for so long that the tech has constantly been upgraded. If you look back at the original Disco Blade or Ice Blade, they look pretty tame now. The Rainbow Blade looks bright and awesome, the Water Blade's got tons of particles going on, and the King Dragon Blade is pretty crazy -- it moved around in an S-Like pattern. Took some reworking of the code to get that working well!

[​IMG]

The update also includes two new backgrounds: one of the new characters Gutsu and Truffles, and the King Dragon background. Huzzah! A background that isn't brown!

The King Dragon Blade and Background came from a kid we saw at one of the Fruit Ninja anniversary events we did in Australia. A 6 Year-old called "King Dragon Lee", who had to stand on some sandbags to reach the iPads, came third at one of the events. He was such a cool dude (with such a cool name) that we made these in his honor. A Dragon Blade was pretty sweet idea anyhow!

Our artists did a bang up job on this update, it was fun trying to figure out the new missions too.

http://itunes.apple.com/app/fruit-ninja/id362949845?mt=8

14. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    You have made me so happy!! Thank you very much for remembering us non-high score chasers! This gives me a reason to pick up and play this game again! Yippee!! :D

15. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    The new blades look really awesome, haha.

16. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    New update out!

17. Star_K1ller

Star_K1ller New Member

Sep 27, 2012
    whats the new challenges?

whats the new challenges? i cant unlock them, are they achievements??

18. nganthongtty1

nganthongtty1 New Member

Sep 27, 2012
  19. Star_K1ller

Star_K1ller New Member

Sep 27, 2012
    hey if anybody finds out what the new challenges are can you message me please??

20. nfong

nfong Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2011
    The new challenges just refer to the challenges you need to complete to unlock the new blades/backgrounds.