Universal Fruit Ninja (by Halfbrick)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Apr 20, 2010.

1. Dusse

Dusse Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2010
  2. EMTKiNG

EMTKiNG Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    EMT
    Los Angeles,CA
    MR Sparkllleeeeee! with the Great WAVE~~~~~~

3. Mad_Happy

Mad_Happy New Member

Jun 15, 2010
    i love ninjas

4. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Wow no offense here but you guys are kinda perverts... I just got an award that rewarded me for getting a score of 69.
    And on a different note I also realized that I got one of my x's taken away in the middle if a game. How do u do that?

5. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Every MGS game has had a trailer having to do with Watermelons being cut and shot. Nothing to do with Fruit Ninja

Of course Sony showed a trailer for some Move games and even though it was for only a few secs it caught my eye...

Start The Party! has a bunch of mini games. One of the games is 3d enabled and shows you playing on the screen and replaces the move controller with a sword. Fruit is thrown at you and you slice them for points...

Now THAT has to be Fruit Ninja related

6. Greensheep

Greensheep Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2009
    none at the time
  7. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    One X is taken away every time you gain 100 points

8. cjsbug

cjsbug Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Los Angeles
    I was hoping with this update I would actually be able to see my global rank, but no. What the deal with OF?

9. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    Haha, I'm using the same thing :p

10. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    I believe they only show a certain number of people in the global rank. For example, they only show the top 5000, so if you don't pass someone in the top 5000, then you won't be ranked.

11. realityexists

realityexists Active Member

Apr 20, 2010
    love the update! I'm a total sucker for unlockables - so please keep that coming.

I don't know if it has been suggested yet or not but I think something that would add a bit to this game would be a super meter that you build by slicing fruit. Once the meter is built up different super moves could be activated (moves could be unlocked via the dojo); a few ideas for super moves: clear all bombs in play, clear all fruit in play, double point value for 10 seconds etc. This would be a nice bonus and a way to extend play sessions by a bit.

12. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    I've got to say I am probably the first person in Canada to have purchased Fruit Ninja as I followed your game on here before it was released and purchased it the minute it hit the store.

That being said I could tell from the start that the Halfbrick team were hard workers who wanted to ensure continued support for their game and I'm still always surprised at each and every update which often brings lots of new features to an already fantastic game.

Easily in my top 5 favorite Apps. Keep up the great work and I look forward to the new game mode. :D

13. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    Glad you're enjoying it Dru! What do you think of the new update?

14. QBC

QBC Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    #1034 QBC, Jun 17, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
    Halfbrick, you guys are amazing. The update is absolutely fantastic. I love being able to unlock new stuff, and most of them aren't difficult to get. I can't wait to see what the new mode has in store. :)

15. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    I love the new Dojo with the unlockables. Basically they continue to make a great game even better.

16. Osujxu

Osujxu Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Hey I have a question.... For the dojo achievment where you have to get 125 on classic without missing a fruit, can you miss one fruit and then get the life back at 100 points so at 125 you still have all lives? Does that count?

17. 270Kp

270Kp Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Beta-Tester
    USA
    Almost unlocked all of them

18. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    lol.

19. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    ROFL@ Osujxu. I tried the new update earlier, absolutely top notch addition. It'll help give the game legs and rekindle interest in those who have moved on to other games.

20. Muscat

Muscat Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Yeah, OF sometimes is a bit flaky for some people. We are going to try and address some of these issues in the next minor update. Occasionally the servers kind of lock up, and there wont be any new scores for a couple of hours, and then BOOM 20,000 new scores. It's hard to say where the fault lies with this kind of stuff.

Nope, doesn't count if you get the life back, has to be a perfect run :)