Fuzion: A word puzzle RPG (sneak preview)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by pharmx, Sep 17, 2009.

?

Should I change my game's name?

1. No, keep it as Fuzion...it sounds cool

17 vote(s)
    23.6%
  2. Yes, change it to better fit the theme

36 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. maybe, but only if Kanye lets me finish

19 vote(s)
    26.4%
  1. pharmx

pharmx Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Thanks everyone, I'm glad it seems like people like the artstyle. I was actually wondering which path to take...the darker theme you see in the screen shots, or something more colorful and vibrant.

Regarding names, I'd really like the first letter of the first word to be near the beginning of the alphabet. So something that starts with "Battle" or "Destiny" etc. would be fine, while something that starts with "Word" or "War" is something I'd like to try and avoid.

Keep the suggestions coming though, and thanks again everyone for the support!

2. khangtoh

khangtoh Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Co-Founder/IPhone Dev @ LeftRight Studios
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I like the Scrolls of Fate but I would suggest just using the word Scrolls.

It's one word, very easy to remember and as far as I know, there isn't a game just by that name.

3. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    pharmx, that looks amazing, I love the art style.

4. pharmx

pharmx Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Thanks Bat, I still have you on the list for testing. I'm thinking of getting a group created to discuss bugs, etc. once the ad hoc copy is ready for distribution.

5. pharmx

pharmx Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Hey guys, question for you...for the people that don't like Fuzion as a title...what did you think of Hybrid as a name for Gamevil's new rpg? Or is that a different situation entirely?

6. pharmx

pharmx Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Added one more screen shot to show quest dialog. Also moved the other screen shots to the first post for better visibility. Enjoy!

7. kingkong120

kingkong120 Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Well hybrids are actually mentioned in the game so I think that has significance in the game. Unless fuzions are important characters in your game, then I say try to find a better fitting title still. The screenshots look amazing! I can't wait to try it. Keep up the good work!

8. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    Can i test pharmx :p

9. pharmx

pharmx Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Sure, anyone interested in testing should send me their UDID. I'll try to get as many people as I can into the beta.

10. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    You already have the build congrats hope it turns out as great as it has been looking (and sounding) so far

11. pharmx

pharmx Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009

No, I meant for people to send me their UDID now, so that I can get a list going. I'm just trying to prepare ahead of time. I guess people use alpha and beta interchangeably, so to prevent any confusion, I guess I should just say private beta and general beta.

I have a small list for the private beta already, but I can probably squeeze a couple more people in if they send me their UDID. For the general beta I'll let much more people in, because I need to test out some of the gameplay mechanics. There's a faction system built into the game, that people who've played mmorpg's will find familiar. It's a twist on the online leaderboards, which will be included as well. I might even use a site like iBetaTest for the general beta to simplify the process.

12. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    ibetatest would be good as you can always look through their ratings and hope for someone that puts input...btw you'd prob get like 1000 requests because those screenshots are amazing.

A question I'd like to ask, is this an individual project or joint?

btw followed you on twitter lol ;)

13. pharmx

pharmx Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    If you mean who currently owns the project then the answer is me (individual) :D

If you mean who worked on the project, then the answer is joint. Different teams handled coding, artwork, sound, and design.

Depending on if I can get a publisher on board, you might see some cool multiplayer options (yes, I said multiplayer...for a word game!!) in time for release instead of in an update. I have some really cool designs for the multiplayer aspect, but I don't want to promise anything on that until I can give a relatively firm date.

14. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    the "Battle Words" suggestion sounds pretty nifty to me

or how about "Fighting Words"?

15. pharmx

pharmx Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Both of those sound great! The powerups in the game are called Runes, so something incorporating that into the title is a possibility as well.

16. Palfince

Palfince Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    Wow, this game looks excellent and I'd definitely be interesting in beta testing it. Just out of interest; what dictionary are you using in the game?

17. lacedolphin

lacedolphin Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    this looks like the type of game I would buy, hope you get done soon ;)

18. pharmx

pharmx Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Thanks guys :)

Palfince, it's going to be a custom dictionary based on the anagrams used. If you'd like more details just pm me :D

19. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    #59 New England Gamer, Sep 19, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2009
    I think the name is catchy. Ok so its not exactly telling of the game but many are not either. Not sure I would automatically think of it as a word game OR an RPG if I just heard the name BUT I sure do want to play!!!!!!!!! Word games and RPG's - winners and putting it together I am excited to try!

ADD: Ok so I saw the suggestion Fighting words and then remembered what you said about the logo - if its just an F maybe you can change it to that name and still keep logo. Or maybe I should read more in the forum and see what you might have said about this already!

20. pharmx

pharmx Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    A third option would be to change the "Lands of Fate" part...and do something like "Fuzion: Battle Words" or "Fuzion: Words of Power" etc.