iPhone Galactic Conflict - Real-Time Strategy (RTS), Single & Multiplayer: March 2013

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by MarkFromBitmenStudios, Feb 28, 2013.

1. MarkFromBitmenStudios

MarkFromBitmenStudios Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2011
    IT Architecture, Development Project Manager
    Austria, Europe
    Thanks everybody for your kind wishes, I'm happy that after two years of trading sleep for code this finally hits the stores and I didn't give up. Like fellow devs said on the TA developer forums: it is outright stupid making an RTS because unless you are extremely lucky, you never break even on a 2 year project on iOS but who cares: this was a work of passion and I enjoyed every moment of it (ok, except debugging desync problems in the multiplayer lockstep simulation, lol, that was a true nightmare).

My only concern right now is getting a healthy player-base for multiplayer so I've contacted each and every review site hoping for good coverage. Some have already responded, it got even labelled "Homeworld for the iPad" which makes me happy (I liked Homeworld quite a bit).

I don't think TA will cover it, they never talk to indies but if enough members end up playing then they might change their mind, who knows.

Hehe, be warned, the AI is not an idiot, I have tuned it quite a bit. Novice is totally beatable, Easy starts out easy but can turn out to be a bit difficult if you are slacking, Normal will give you some pressure from the get-go and Hard is ... hard.

Judging from our beta testers, if you are a gamer and you've played the game a lot, then you'll figure out how to beat hard eventually. Some testers could have sworn that already Normal is cheating and starts out with more resources or whatever but it just plays well.

Anyway, I hope some of you guys will play multiplayer too. Even though the AI plays very adaptive, there's nothing that beats the unpredictability of a multiplayer opponent.

2. Twenty One

Twenty One Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Oil & Gas Engineer
    Oklahoma City, USA
    #22 Twenty One, Mar 12, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
    Multiplayer FTW!!

Yeah....multiplayer is REALLY the reason I am so pumped for this game!

And its nice to know of your support and dedication in maintaining server stability and balance.

One recommendation I would have is to allow us to keep an in-game friends list with possibly rank and /or win-loss record and the ability to send in-game notifications/messages....this makes it MUCH easier to arrange/coordinate games and times to play. (It would be nice if Gamecenter allowed us to send messages)

I'm ready to battle!:D

3. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Can't wait to play this, looks like some damn cool battles.

4. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Any thoughts on unlockable skins via achievements or IAPs. Big fan of having the bling in MP

5. HeliApps

HeliApps Well-Known Member

Downloaded this and have been progressing through the tutorials and campaign mode. As expected it is a really good, well polished game. There are a few small things, like n the campaign I was just doing, (Wet Your Hands), you have to move your ships throughout the whole map to kill off stragglers, which aren't immediately visible. Still enjoying it though

6. Sheinfell

Sheinfell Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Alright, bought this more or less right away.
    Supporting one of the few developers from German-speaking countries alone is worth it for me ;)

Hope this is a good game. And if it is, that you will have as much success as Starbase Orion.

And question: I saw on your homepage that there are two factions. Any plans to add a singleplayer campaign for the Pyros at some point? Perfectly willing to pay for it as add-on content.

Oh, and I got several "service temporary unavailable" messages when visiting your website.
    The onrush of curious people already? ;)

And you should open a thread in the iPhone/iPad Games sections of the TA forums.

7. DotComCTO

DotComCTO Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2009
    Chief Technology Officer
    Westchester County, NY
    I just stumbled onto this thread. The game looks extremely interesting to me! I just put this on my AppShopper wish list so I don't lose sight of it.

That said, I just pinged PocketTactics via Twitter and they indicated that they are in the process of reviewing the game now. I just need to read a review or two (or some real world feedback from this thread) before I pull the trigger.

I have no problem at all with the price, and I completely respect any developer that puts two years of non-stop effort into dev & QA for a product. I just want to make sure this is the real deal - especially in the single player campaign.

Keeping a close eye on this one!

:cool:

--DotComCTO

8. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Seattle
    Just got done playing around in the 'skirmish' mode, thought I had it figured out pretty well - went into an 'easy' 'campaign' mode and got my butt handed to me straight away!! lol Have to agree with a review I saw elsewhere - just could not keep building ships fast enough to put up any kind of fight, once they started attacking me, it was over from that point.

But hey, skirmish mode was pretty darn fun. :)

9. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    I MUST GET THIS. Although, I need iTunes load >_> looks pretty damn epic.

10. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone
    Went through the Tutorial, playing through the campaign now. Currently at mission 8.
    This game is HARD, a real challenge. Got my ass handed several times in earlier missions.
    And I am playing on Easy.

One thing I really miss is a "build endlessly" option, e.g. set a planet to constantly churn out Interceptors and Heavy Corvettes.
    Unfortunately it is rather tedious to keep your build queues busy all the time.

Not much time right now. In short I say this game is worth it for the singleplayer fun I had so far. Definitely recommended.

11. Sheinfell

May 14, 2012
    Europe, CET timezone