Galactic Keep by Gilded Skull Games

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by gildedskull, Jul 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gildedskull

gildedskull Well-Known Member

It could be compared to worse games.

We're not going to promise a delivery date...but I can assure you:

- It's in development
    - It's not going to come out this year
    - We'll post (probably in this thread) when we begin to beta test.

I can assure you, Galactic Keep will be a better game because of the wait. The code will be tighter. There will be more features. While we have been developing and working on other projects iPad and iPhone4 were released. Gamecenter launched. There's a lot of catching up to do.

We'll certainly post news when there's new news to post :)

2. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    As long as you keep working, I'll keep waiting.

3. K76

K76 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 12, 2010
    Cowtown, Texas
    Me, too! Thanks for the update. 8D

4. vicente.ramirezch

vicente.ramirezch Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 8, 2009
    Santiago, Chile.
    Can't wait for this! Good luck guys!

5. Theocracy

Theocracy Active Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Really looking forward to hearing more about this in the new year. Best of luck with the work.

6. Liquidfox

Liquidfox Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 13, 2010
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Update Please

7. gildedskull

Vapor?

[​IMG]

We just updated our website. More info on Galactic Keep soon.

8. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    I hate waiting for this. Eagerly anticipated doesn't tell the half of it. I won't hold my breath anymore since it would kill me. Someone please hold a gun to their heads and force them to finish it today. Please?

Seriously guys, gives us a timeframe in which you expect to be able to submit this. I don't care if you say April 2013. I just want to know if we're looking at weeks or months or MANY months.

TIA.

9. gildedskull

Yes. Life has a way of getting in the way of game development.

When we first started out, GK was pretty much the only game we were making. Over the course of the past year we've had to make sacrifices and do a lot of things that have deflected our focus. I'm proud of the other games the we've developed (or are currently developing). I think that for such a small group of people we've managed to pull off an amazing feat with the game that we launched this past year.

That said, all along, Galactic Keep has been the only game I've really wanted to make. We had thought (back when this thread was started) GK would be done by now, obviously it's not. It's a big game, simple but large.

We're saying 2011. Most likely not the first half.

- Rob

10. TheDukester

TheDukester Well-Known Member

I'm sure it does. It has a strange way of getting in the way of a lot of things ... ;) And it's certainly easy for us non-developers to sit back and criticize and complain and generally act like we know what we're talking about when, really, we don't have much of a clue.

However, all that being said, I think you need to accept that there's going to be a fair amount of complaining and criticism when you announce an upcoming game at a very popular and very public site and follow it up with ... well, pretty much the sound of crickets.

This thread began in July of 2009. Clearly, with hindsight on our side, that was far too early. The game was either nowhere near enough to being finished to make such an announcement or else not enough allowance was made for the possibility of the "life" events mentioned above.

The post above about missing the first half of 2011 means that GK will have been announced more than two years before its release. That's not an ideal situation for anyone, developers and (potential) purchasers alike. To be blunt, it's pretty ridiculous.

There is one positive, though: if people are still talking about GK, which doesn't technically exist yet, then you likely have a hit on your hands. Clearly, there's a lot of interest here, not to mention enough general goodwill to forgive a lengthy development process. If those two things are still in place when the game reaches the App Store, then I predict you'll need to hire an intern just to count all your money.

Until then, though ... well, I guess we'll wait and see how it all plays out.

11. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    Appreciate the update muchly. <back to holding breath mode>

12. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Thanks for the update, I'll keep waiting. :)

13. gildedskull

I agree, it is. Like I said, we didn't think it was going to take anywhere near this long. We are lucky that people are (somewhat) still interested in it. Who knows if they'll still be interested by the time it's live and on the app store. But here we are....and the game is still being made.

I played and designed games very similar to it when I was in grade school and high school. I'm sure that I'll be playing games like it many years from now. This game has, at it's core, very classic play-patterns. Rolling a die and moving a token from space to space. Fighting with numbers. Adventure, luck, exploration, imagination, choices. Weird sci-fi creatures, crazy-ass weapons. There are a lot of games on the app store that have all of these things but there's something specifically compelling about this concept...

14. gildedskull

Put your suit on and battle through!

[​IMG]

15. TheDukester

TheDukester Well-Known Member

I really think you'll do just fine with GK. There seems to be a real interest in what you're doing with it. The eclectic mix of elements in the game — the items you mentioned in your post — is certainly intriguing, at the very least.

Of course, price point, publicity, other games released in the same time-frame, etc., will all be factors. But, in a general sense, I suspect that GK is going to be a hit.

16. acephalist

acephalist Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Thanks for the update

I think recent rising stars in the App Store, like Tiny Wings, show that games with great art, great gameplay, and a little love can do quite well. The cream does rise.

Looking forward to more news!

17. Fimb

Fimb Well-Known Member

May 12, 2010
    Damn, tried to forget this game (and couldn't). Now I'm in love again. Damn you all.

18. Fieryseraph

Fieryseraph Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2011
    This is still on my "day 1 purchase" list, so I'm still here and interested. Hope things go better for you in the next few months for development!

19. Noman

Noman Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    While I am very disappointed in the delay for this game, it has not changed the fact that it looks very cool and I will buy it the day it comes out.