Universal Galactic Phantasy Prelude - (by Moonfish Software)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    The word "Credit" is scaring me from diving in unless someone out there in the matrix can convince me........

2. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Exactly. I was really looking forward to this. Then I heard it had dual currencies. Now I find one is available only through IAP or fb (no thanks on the fb thing). It's only a buck but I'm more concerned about wasting my time playing a game if ultimately I will be left feeling as if I had an incomplete experience due to the credit system. I'm really interested to know if there is a lot of stuff only available with credits, and how much you'd have to spend to get the full premium experience (if that's even possible since it isn't in many freemium/paidmium bottomless pit IAP type games).

3. Chocolate

Chocolate Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Crap, I already bought the game.

Oh well. If it is IAP-dependent, I will simply play until the pay wall and then delete it.

4. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    I hear ya!
    Unfortunately by the time our doubts about the currencies are answered the price of the game will be raised but maybe that might substantiate our suspicions!
    Thanks for responding...... Now it doesn't feel as cold out in this space:)

5. Moonfish Software

Moonfish Software Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Hong Kong
    You can complete the game without spending IAP. The credit system is mainly used to buy two things:

1. blueprint, which is required to build a new ship.
    2. extra slot to hold ship parts.

You can loot blueprint through boss battle in the main story, or during random battle. However, some ship's blueprint can only be found in IAP.

You have 16 free slots for weapon, 16 free slots for support, and 16 free slots for parts. You can unlock extra slots with credit. If dont want to get it from IAP. You may ask your Facebook friends to send you. Each FB "send" action gives you 3 credits. Therefore, it is not hard to get enough credit to buy blueprints or slots.

6. JazzFlight

JazzFlight Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    New York
    I keep getting blown up by enemy ships pretty fast in the early game. Any recommendations on how to start without dying all the time?

7. Chocolate

Chocolate Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    Probably by buying IAP, LOL! :p

Hope I'm wrong...

8. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    Here's a shocker!!!!
    I have no Facebook friends because....... I'm not on Facebook!
    Can I get a bunch of credits if I send you a group photo of my friends with verification they all know me!!!!........just kidding:)

9. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Definitely needs an invert y axis option.
    1. How much more powerful is the most expensive credit-only blueprint compared to the best non-credit only blueprint of the same class? Will there be a 50% or 25% raw stat difference?
    2. I can almost see a problem with 16 free part slots, assuming these parts are require to build blueprints and blueprints require multiple parts.

3. There's no bank/storage right?

10. Moonfish Software

Oct 16, 2012
    Hong Kong
    1. I would say, the stat of a frigate with credit-only blueprint is somehow close to that of a destroyer, its upper class. Moreover, a ship with credit-only blueprint allows you more CPU to install better equipments.

2. Slots are used to keep only ship equipments. You don't need a slot for blueprint. The free slots should be enough for you to buy even two battlecruisers. Of course you may need to manage your inventory from time to time if you have only free slots.

3. Bank/Storage? I don't quite understand. There is no limit on the number of ships that you can have.

11. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    1. That could be a problem if a battleship is a frigate x2. If not... then buying a frigate with battleship class weaponry is badass enough to warrant the purchase but doesn't exactly sound overpowered.
    I just hate to see 'I-win' sort of IAP items (eg. any Glu most expensive IAP weapon/equipment compared to most expensive non-IAP counterpart).

2. Sounds manageable (especially if the inventory system is similar to the other game).

3. An external storage that's 'outside' your inventory. For keeping items not equip-able/needed immediately.

12. Moonfish Software

Oct 16, 2012
    Hong Kong
    There is no external storage outside your inventory.

13. GSJ1977

GSJ1977 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2012
    I don't much like the sound of the IAP system, but it sounds like there is no "pay wall" at least, so for a dollar this is still a no-brainer for me (even though the original GP was crap IMO).

Will post impressions later :)

14. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Since there isnt multiplayer, the IAP feels more like win-easy. The IAP-only ships are too overpowered from the looks of things.

15. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Liking it A LOT better than the first game, nice work guys

16. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    There's an update on itunes already but it has no description? o_O

17. Moonfish Software

Oct 16, 2012
    Hong Kong
    Originally, we wanted to launch V1.0.2 directly and skipped V1.0.1, but Apple somehow launched V1.0.1 for us. The difference is not on the software itself, but about the keywords and category on itunes.

18. GSJ1977

GSJ1977 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2012
    #58 GSJ1977, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
    So I hit BUY without even watching Sanuku's video (it's a dollar FFS) and started playing. Lovely sharp graphics on iPad 3, with very smooth frame rate, but... the writing, art style, voice acting and music all have a sort of JRPG feel to them (which for me is a very bad thing). In the game I am apparently an androgynous 12 year old orphan who wants to be a pirate because, reasons. Not the best start, though I suppose it's entirely a matter of taste.

Edit: I had to turn off the music, it's just awful. Devs, an option to turn off the voice acting (but still have SFX on) would be appreciated.

Edit: Deleted. The story is so bad that no story at all would be an improvement. The 12 year old clairvoyant main character grates on my nerves, and I can't turn him off. I also can't skip the dialogue because the dialogue provides the only hint as to what I'm supposed to be doing next. There's no real help or tutorial to explain the RPG and combat mechanics either; most stats don't even have meaningful names, just acronyms that we're supposed to guess the meaning of. Everything is instanced to death making the game feel very restricted (no sense of freedom). And I don't like the blue UI.

19. Mattosai

Mattosai Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    #59 Mattosai, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
    @Moonfish : There's a bug on non english language devices i think (i'm french) , there's MISSING LANGU before almost each stats/text etc in the game.
    This can be solved by setting english as my iphone language but if you could check this anyway (ip5 ios6).

Is it possible to enhance a bit the controls ? (reverse up/down, and maybe a size / sensibility setting for the directionnal stick , i find it a bit small , missile / shoots seems ok. I just started , but is there an autofire option ? by maintaining fire button pressed i mean)

20. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yeah 100% agree with that, the game looks amazing but the controls (because you cant reverse up/down) ruin it, space games like this (Elite/GOF/Privateer/X etc) always work the other way round as its like a space sim.