Universal Galactic Phantasy Prelude - (by Moonfish Software)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Moonfish Software

Moonfish Software Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2012
    Hong Kong
    #81 Moonfish Software, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
    We have just submitted an update to fix the problem. We also asked Apple if they can grant us a expedited review to shorten the review process. We will post here once the update goes live.

For the time being, the problem will be disappeared if you change the default language of your machine to English. Please accept our apology for the unpleasant experience.

2. Moonfish Software

Oct 16, 2012
    Hong Kong
    We have submitted an update which include the fix about the inverted y-axis control problem. In the option dialog, you change this setting as well.

Btw, the voice acting can be turned off separately in the coming release as well.

3. bashesh

bashesh Well-Known Member

Jun 3, 2012
    One word- awesome. I am so much enjoying this game. The thing that i love most is the 2d overhead exploration system. Just seems very seemless. The battle system is a bit too simplistic but still very enjoyable. I havent played it much yet but my initial impressions are very positive and for 1 dollar you cant really go wrong here.

4. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Controls are a little akward and not really a battle totorial other then that its fun.

5. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Thanks for being so honest :) There are many developers who would just say it runs well on iPod

6. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    It runs decent first time I launched it there was no sound then I rebooted the touch and it took forever to start but when it does it runs good.i think iPod touch 5 and iPhone 5 were in mind when this was being made at the least iPhone 4S

7. Tropxe

Tropxe Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2012
    England
    Too many loading screens. It feels like about 20-30% of the game is staring at a loading screen. The virtual analogue stick is incredibly fiddly and awkward to use - a good improvement would be if it adjusted to where you place your thumb rather than being fixed.

It also seems confusingly difficult. Apart from the useless tutorial battle (which doesn't tell you a single thing), I have died in every battle I've entered (2 side quests and the story quest in which you investigate the radiation source - the first proper fight in the story) and in such a one-sided way, it seems impossible. I have the shield thing, I can't afford any better parts for my ship, and I don't want to sit through literally 100s loading screens as I ferry trading goods from place to place to slowly make enough money.

8. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    You have to go past the jump gate to the edge of the screen to continue story.also I agree with what you said.

9. Tropxe

Tropxe Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2012
    England
    Yeah, I went past the gate and there's a space station that the characters say is the source of the radiation that's interfering with the gate. I get attacked and almost immediately have no hull integrity. I can just about get their shields down before I explode.

10. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    That has to be adjustable in an update. I can't play any game involving flight, whether in space or in the air; arcade, sim, or something in-between, without having an inverted y-axis.

11. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Yup, this is driving me nuts.

Will probably put the game down until this is updated. :(

12. Tropxe

Tropxe Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2012
    England
    Okay, did several delivery side quests and got an item I can't use till I buy a new ship and a weapon that's marginally better than my last one. Went back to try the first storyline battle again and got his shields down and about 10% off his hull before being destroyed.

This is just awful. I've never seen such an obvious IAP cash grab in my life. It also seems very glitchy. I went down to zero money but on the galactic map I have 99,999,999,999 money. Also, I don't get it; we're meant to fix the radiation problem so we can use the gate, but we can use the gate anyway?

13. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    I had that money glitch as well.

14. Moonfish Software

Oct 16, 2012
    Hong Kong
    We have submitted an update which include the fix about the inverted y-axis control problem. In the option dialog, you change this setting as well. Moreover, Apple just agreed to arrange an expedited review for us in order to shorten the review time. Hopefully the new update will be out in a day or two.

15. silentcorp

silentcorp Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    Could someone clarify how combat works?

It sounds like you need to manually activate shields each time you are about to be hit, how does that work? Which icon is for shields?

I'm in the same boat where after the first battle anytime I fight anything I die instantly.

Also gonna put this down until they put inverted controls in, this is a space sim and I can't play it the way it is (20+ years of space sims drilling into me inverted controls!!!)

16. bramblett05

Aug 29, 2012
    Thanks. But what about money glitch and some totorials?

17. Moonfish Software

Oct 16, 2012
    Hong Kong
    Actually, you can simply go to search for the 1st boss near the stargate. The boss is easy to deal with. After finishing it, you will get a blueprint to build a new frigate. With this frigate, you should be able to finish some more delivery quests.

You can complete the game without spending money in IAP. If later on you need credit to buy blueprint or extra slots, you can get it free from facebook friends.

18. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I got the blueprint but it costs about 4 times as much money as I have to build (plus resources). I'm getting owned on the next story mission (saving the singer), and other quests only get me a thousand or so, and at that rate it will be a long long time before I can build the new ship. Am I missing something? I haven't been doing much trading since there seems to be no way to know what will sell for more than I pay, and even a good investment doesn't net much more than the small side quests.

Edit: and thank god you're adding an invert y axis option. That is driving me crazy :p

19. Prophecy07

Prophecy07 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2009
    All I want is the ability to invert the Y axis. For me, it's unplayable til I get that. I'm too old to adapt...