Galaxoid by Jacob Davis [Universal] $0.99 -> Free

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Royce, Oct 18, 2013.

1. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Played some of this tonight. It's solid simplistic fun. I like the blend of Galaga with later shmups that had bosses and rewarded accuracy.

2. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Just grabbed it, quite fun to play.

3. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Thanks for the game. I just wish it wouldn't crash every time I'm close to defeating the second boss into the game

4. ismyhc

ismyhc Well-Known Member

Could you send me a PM with some details about the crash when you get a chance? Device, OS version, etc.

I'm looking into it!

Thanks!

5. ismyhc

ismyhc Well-Known Member

Ive just submitted Galaxoid version 1.2 to Apple for review. This is mainly to address a couple of bugs, but also includes the Auto-Fire feature ;)

Galaxoid verison 1.2

Bug fixes:
    • Fixed possible crash during Boss Battles
    • Fixed bug when pressing and sliding off of pause button
    • Fixed bug where rate dialog would possibly popup on resume during game

Feature:
    • Added Auto-Fire feature. Tap to fire, Press and hold for Auto-Fire! (This should appease everyone.)

Apple review times are currently taking an average of 7 days so Ill let everyone know as soon as its live.

Thanks everyone!

6. Mj1ggy

Mj1ggy Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2012
    Finally made good on my promise and purchased. Glad I did because this is a nice little mobile game; fun to pick up for one session or a bunch and great music. After a few plays my suggestions would be:

1 a replay button so you can avoid going bak to the main menu after every play

2 might be hard to implement but something like a barrel roll to avoid enemies coming at you horizontally (maybe a double tap on the left side?)

More power ups could be fun too, thought gain I don't know how easy or difficult these would be to implement. Thanks again for your work and cool game.

7. roorooroo

roorooroo Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Very enjoyable though i found it too easy.

8. ismyhc

ismyhc Well-Known Member

Thanks for the purchase! Ill take note of your suggestions. Im def working on adding a few things in the future!

Thanks for your purchase! Just curious, but how far did you get? The difficulty really starts to ramp up around level 25.

9. roorooroo

roorooroo Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Don't remember the level i reached i'm afraid..though i was on it for a good while without getting hit..i liked it though.

10. Cool game, would be happy to help with the icade issues.

11. tunaVille

tunaVille Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2013
    Didn't get it for the first few minutes. After I figured out what was happening (which way the space ship was moving) it I way cool
    Still free as of 1:30pm pst

12. Rivethead

Rivethead New Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Great Game

Really enjoyed this game. Did crash after level 50 but it still kept the score. No other issues at all. Great retro shooter from my childhood. :):)

13. ismyhc

ismyhc Well-Known Member

You made it to level 50! :) Thats awesome. Did you actually beat the last boss?

If you have anymore details about the crash could you send me a PM?

I really appreciate you playing and its really cool to know you got that far! I assume thats you at the top of the leader board?