Universal Galaxy on Fire 2 (FISHLABS)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    #61 Delusionaltool, Oct 26, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
    anyone who has the game or fishlabs guys tell the differences made from the first galaxy on fire...is this more the freelancer/wing commander/colony wars type of game play you were shooting for from the first but more streamlined?

the game story missions are 10 hours but there are also side missions too is that correct?

also retina display works even on ipod touch 4th gen as its supposed too?

2. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    2 Questions,

1: I didn't play the first one, anyway I really loved Space Minor, will I like this game?
    2: How is the replay value?

3. Alienmario

Alienmario Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    gaming! lol
    idk udk
    Delusionaltool: yes and yes
    Teh_Ninja: well you can now, i gues you will

4. Teh_Ninja

Teh_Ninja Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Waiter at Chili's
    Dallas
    I mean I have the first, but I have not played it much, anyway is this like Space Minor?

5. Delusionaltool

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    this game is more like the first one improved from what i read, wing commander/starlancer/free lancers games....

also colony wars comes to mind...

6. Alienmario

Aug 28, 2009
    gaming! lol
    idk udk
    what do you do in space miner, mine ores, attack ships, upgrade yours and trade? gof2 is about the same in console-like full3D version

7. Sorry if this has probably been asked multiple times already, but how is this game compared to Star Battalion? I'm thinking of buying one of the two, but while I did enjoy the first Galaxy on Fire, the lack of multiplayer in this game is disappointing.

8. zatoichi

zatoichi Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Wow. I'll be buying this as soon ad it hits the US app store. And then I will play it. At thatvpoint, I will post my impressions. WTF is the matter with all of the rest of you who ate willing to pass judgement without even playing the game?!? Screw all if you! This forum is supposed to provide real feedback on game releases. If you're too cheap to unable the seven US dollars, shut the hell up and wIt for a real review. Oh, and good luck finding dinner on your reficulously low budgets.

9. silentcorp

silentcorp Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    Thank god, they got rid of that awful border around the screen from the first!

Can't wait for the U.S. release tonight!

10. Alienmario

Aug 28, 2009
    gaming! lol
    idk udk
    it doesn't compare to battalion, what a joke, i mean this is way better,way more realistic and so. you won't miss multiplayer

11. chickdigger802

chickdigger802 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA
    Lmao 'realistic'. Speaking of which. I'd love a independence war style space sim XD

That game was awesome.

12. Delusionaltool

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    isnt battalion a starfox clone? this is a space action rpg like the old wing commander / starlancer / freelancer games....

and space miner is a great game but that is a asteroids/action rpg this i guess could be that if space miner was behind the ship rather then top overhead view

13. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    From what I've been able to gather, they are quite different beasts. Star Battalion is a mission-based shooter (basically, a story-driven fps), while Galaxy on Fire 2 is an open world space simulation.

While both might take place behind the cockpit of a ship, I'm guessing the gameplay is different enough that the two games are not part of the same genre, and only comparable to a limited extent, combat-wise.

Personally, I find the prospect of open world space exploration incredibly more interesting than a few hours of boxed-in shooting, even though I highly enjoy Star Battalion :)

14. Thanks for the replies. I think I'll just go with this when it gets released in the US.

15. Delusionaltool

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    dl the first game its free, its like that only way better and improved on...

16. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    lucky...hmmph.

17. I beat it a long time ago. ;)

18. WeskerWario

WeskerWario Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    -none at the moment-
    Florida