Universal Galaxy on Fire 2 (FISHLABS)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Oct 26, 2010.

1. ArcheAngel

ArcheAngel Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    GOF 1 music!!!

@Fishlabs:

Anyway we can get/purchase the first GoF's music, in GoF 2

2. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    It took me a while to understand that a little yellow ship would appear in primary mission locations as the game never tells you, you could like explain that to someone next time.

3. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    It can take a while to figure that out at first. If you click on the 'key' button at the bottom right of the map screen, it explains what the various symbols represent.

4. Tower Defender

Tower Defender Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    I'm just bumping this up. This is Fishlab responding to someone who is reporting about the ship storage glitch and a infinite money glitch.

5. diffusion8r

diffusion8r Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Termina
    Have to say congratulations on such a great game and a great update. I HATED the lite because it threw you in the deep end - but after chancing it at the sale I have played it for 10 hours in about 3 days, as well as buying both DLC.

Maybe do a better lite? I would have bought this ages ago, at $15 let alone $10 or $5 and that's without the DLC, but have been sceptical for months.

Eagerly anticipating forthcoming DLC. COnsidering I have a Mantis ship with virtually max equipment as well as 4 MaxSun lock on things because of laborious trading and I haven't even launched a probe onto the Vossk mothership at pescal inartu yet, I have fears for the longevity after this but so far so great!

6. Tower Defender

Apr 2, 2009
    Something just hit me Fishlab. You know how your station use to be a bar? Why not make it a trading post in the next update?

You buy alcohol or other goods from other stations to stockpile at your station and folks start flocking to your station to buy your goods. Maybe have an option for stuff that are not for sale as well.

That way it'll attract other ships into your system. Fill up the lounge and maybe attract some rare deals or missions to pop up at your lounge.

You can bring things further by being able to set your own prices.

7. vbxz47

vbxz47 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Ohio
    Alright I beat the main campaign and I left astation after credits and got a call saying to go to kanado station. I went and no one was there. I also haven't received my bar/station. Any suggestions? I'm getting valkyrie real soon, I just need some money.

8. tonyatf

tonyatf Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Cambridge

That's a great idea. Its like the Villa Auditore in Assassin's creed 2, a place that can help make money on the side.

9. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    That's a known bug. I has already been fixed in an update along with a few other bugs and is awaiting Apple approval. Did you purchase Kaamo station? It should be in the Shima system, just above Weymire on the map.

10. vbxz47

vbxz47 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Ohio
    Nope will do though and sounds good thanks.

11. Tower Defender

Apr 2, 2009
    #1531 Tower Defender, May 1, 2011
    Last edited: May 1, 2011
    Yeah I can even take this further by adding...

The people in the lounge would sometimes be sad if you didn't have a certain item in stock and will say something along the lines like "Sigh... I wish I could drink some Union Draft here..." when you don't have any.

If you make these few guys happy like 10 times, the 10th time the same guy offers you a blueprint or coordinates to a new system, or even a hidden/secret ship.

Later on (After you made all the people happy and business is booming) you can also make your station self sufficient by hiring cargo ships to deliver a constant stream of goods for sale to your system. Money will be deducted after each shipment, but you'll gain back cash from the sale of your stuff. You could also unsubscribe from their services if you feel like grabbing goods yourself and getting more bang for your buck. This is for folks who do not want to always worry about if there station is fully stocked or not.

Also hiring cargo ships would also put them in danger of pirates and a mission notification will pop up when your cargo ships are being under attack. Then you must go to wherever system they are currently at and go defend them or risk losing all your cargo.

If you choose to hire wingmen you can reassign them to defend your cargo ships so you don't have to worry about them. ... but since wingmen are not forever there will be situations where you will have to go defend them yourself.

Also there will be times when your system will be under attack by pirates or space junk in your system. These missions are optional and are exactly like the missions found on other systems... but if it happens to be your system, you simply do not get paid for the job... but in exchange the pirates you destroy usually carry more expensive stuff or more stuff, so you can sell them for money.

12. tonyatf

tonyatf Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Cambridge

Good goodness those are great ideas from assassin's creed brotherhood. You can take it a bit further and have trade agreements with other races and sometimes to keep those trade agreements you might have to do some favors. Another idea would be the pirates coming together to attack your base and you have to defend it.

13. Tower Defender

Apr 2, 2009
    Lol I never played assassins creed before, but it sounds like I game I may like hahaha.

Oh and I just had that idea of our system being attacked right at the same time you posted hahaha.

All these ideas will add a lot of longevity to the game imo.

14. STYJ

STYJ Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Student
    Singapore
    and a lot of work too :p

15. Tower Defender

Apr 2, 2009
    Work is longevity :), but I also offered ideas to make thing self-sustainable if you don't want to work. ... like the cargo ships and the wingmen defending them.

After that all you gotta worry about is the inflow of money and the optional missions :).

16. STYJ

STYJ Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Student
    Singapore
    No i meant work for Fishlabs , having to implement all of these wonderful ideas (that I also want) but I guess like you said , work is longevity . Want your game to last longer ? bring in more money ? WORK ! Haha xD

17. Tower Defender

Apr 2, 2009
    Yeah I can see how some of this stuff is a lot more work, but most of the work is getting the new interface at the station working, getting the folks at the lounge to detect what you have in your inventory to trigger events and so on.

But some of the stuff is just copy pasting and changing a bit of the code.

... but hey, all of it is still time well spent, if these ideas get implemented :).

18. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    Well said!Thank you:)

19. vbxz47

vbxz47 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2009
    Ohio
    Alright I'm having some troubles now, I don't understand why everything is so much money and I have like 600000 credits overall. How do I make these million credits to buy ships like the mantis and veteran or the 30 million dollar spacestation. That's insane! Any tips on ways to make big money please.

20. STYJ

STYJ Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Student
    Singapore
    You guys really need to look around before accusing . There happen to be a key on the bottom right hand corner when you're looking at the map .

I need help on that too :)

From what I've seen , it's from buying and selling in different stations and doing side quests .