Universal Galaxy on Fire 2 (FISHLABS)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Oct 26, 2010.

1. ImLegend

ImLegend Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2010
    #1801 ImLegend, May 23, 2011
    Last edited: May 23, 2011
    Man, I'm getingt tired with that. Die like 30 times now. Got best shield from blueprint, 3 wingman, almost best gear I can get so far, still dieing. Feeling fustrated.
    I got 1.2 mils now should I framing to buy the expensive ship or what?!

I just too suck for this task.... HELP

2. 347jediknight

347jediknight Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2011
    Student
    USA
    #1802 347jediknight, May 23, 2011
    To TiltMyTouch

Wow, smart move waiting. This seems like something that you should ask on the developers' forums, though. They are probably the only ones' who really could give a true answer to.

To ImLegend

Um, I don't know. Okay, try getting the best drill too, and if you already have that, then I guess try to retain as much health and stay as far from them as possible, like as soon as you get there, use your booster in the opposite direction to give your backup a head start. I don't want to tell you to get a new ship because as you can see TiltMyTouch is having problems. well, what's your difficulty level?

3. Godaime

Godaime Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2009
    What I suggest you do for this mission like I did, was:
    all blue print stuff btw
    make gunant's drill (Var Hastra in Mido)
    get tyol armor (Rr'ostam in Ymmir)
    fluxed matter shield (K'ane in Nimmrod)
    yinco shadow ninja (Ekkide in Kontrr system)
    when ur about 2 km from the asteroid, boost into it, at about 500 m, activate yin co shadow ninja, the lag time of the activation should cause it to activate after u start drilling ur first few tons, and by the time you're done, the cloak would wear off at the same time, and you'll be safe.

although it takes a while to assemble the materials for the blueprints, it'll be worth the effort later on in the game, and makes mining much easier.

4. ImLegend

Jun 26, 2010
    #1804 ImLegend, May 23, 2011
    I got a IMT Extract 4.0X drill, the best drill in Mido that I need to complete this task in order to reach it.
    My weapon: MaxHeat o20 + Berger Converge IV
    Turret: L'ksaar
    Equipment: Fluxed Matter Shield + Hiroto Ultrascan + Ketar Repair Bot + D'iol + Rhoda Blackhole + Me'al + AB-3 Kingfisher

Will a Cloak help here?

EDIT: I just got 50t crystal, that how I do it I made 20 of AMR Extinctor from blueprint and fire it far away from enemies, then mine crystal, repeat twice and done. Thanks for your advice.

5. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Wouldn't the only way to get to Ymmir is to have a Rhoda Drive that you make after you beat this mission?

What do you mean firing it far AWAY from enemies? Don't you aim nukes AT the enemies?

6. ImLegend

Jun 26, 2010
    #1806 ImLegend, May 23, 2011
    I mean AMR Extinctor has 4300m range, I can launch it and destroy 3 to 4 of enemies before they starting shooting at me.

7. TiltMyTouch

Jun 10, 2010
    Oh okay, that makes sense. How long did it take you to make that many?

8. ImLegend

Jun 26, 2010
    #1808 ImLegend, May 23, 2011
    I made 20 and used 4 of them, took me 40 sth minutes. Note: each order you got 10, so I only did 2 orders

9. drez

drez Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Does anybody know about how many hours the original campaign is and how many hours the add on is?

I just picked up the game recently and I'm wondering how much gameplay I should expect.

10. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

purely playing the campaign shouldnt take you too long. but most peeps here have spent countless hours flying around trading, making money etc.
    personally, i've spent 40 hours on this game. just depends how involved you wanna get.

11. ImLegend

Jun 26, 2010
    Can I buy Titanium Core & Orichalzine core?! Or I must mine them?
    Can't find anywhere selling them
    Thanks in advance

12. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    To be honest campaign is the weakest point of the game it's really to small but if you take your time and improve equipment make money and take mostly side missions from bars the game will last as long as you want. There is a lot to do, lots of different ships, equipment, blueprints to build and mining.

For an iphone game you won't find better though in my opinion.

13. Tritone

Tritone Active Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Singapore
    #1813 Tritone, May 23, 2011
    It could just be the game's difficulty ramping up as you level. At least that's the impression I got. I too played to the point where I got a powerful ship (Veteran, Aegir) with many blueprint gear then I started noticing I was getting more shot to pieces than ever.

Since the Valkyrie update I've started a new game and my experience with it does suggest that as you level up, the pirates get more powerful. So my point is that when you're high level, even with powerful gear and ship, your enemies are EVEN more powerful. And they come in big groups and love to fire at you from behind. It seems a little unbalanced.... But you know what there is a solution: the Yin Shadow Ninja stealth generator.

Whenever I encounter more than 4 pirates, I HAVE to turn on the device and go invisible. Frankly it feels a bit dirty, but it helps me turn the tide.

Make good use of an automatic turret, as well as wingmen and mines, if you still have trouble.

14. Tritone

Tritone Active Member

Mar 5, 2010
    Singapore
    They can be bought, just relatively rare.

15. ImLegend

Jun 26, 2010
    #1815 ImLegend, May 23, 2011
    Last edited: May 24, 2011
    Do u remember where they close by?

EDIT: no worries found them, completely random encounter

16. TiltMyTouch

Jun 10, 2010
    Yes, I have noticed this increase in difficulty, but my jump to a Mantis has simply been incredibly unbalanced. I mean, I understand the game being more difficult as you get better ships, but at least before the game ramped up in increments where I could enjoy the challenge of difficult fights where I can actually win. Previously, if I was in the middle of the fray, I could boost my way out or just cleverly maneuver away from the pirates. Right now, the game is at a point where if I find myself in the middle of the fight, there is no way I can escape alive. However, the hit-and-run tactic is definitely an interesting new approach to the game for me. I don't think I'll enjoy it as much as simply getting into the fray and inflicting/receiving brute damage, but I guess I won't complain. This game has already been a blast for $10.

17. ImLegend

Jun 26, 2010
    Just finished the story with Mantis + strongest weapons, equipments built from blueprints + 12 millions left. now only left I can do is to destroy some pirate hideouts I haven't did.

now I'm thinking to get 'Valkyrie' add-on, is it worth $4.99? how's storyline go down from there?

thanks

18. Accessorygeeks

Accessorygeeks Active Member

Mar 25, 2011
    Fun!

This game looks like it is worth every penny! I love these type of games that are staged in space, not to mention all the action!

19. ImLegend

Jun 26, 2010
    #1819 ImLegend, May 24, 2011
    Last edited: May 24, 2011
    Is it possible to destroy all pirate hideouts on Shima?
    EDID: no worries I just found out it's the station I can own.

20. TiltMyTouch

Jun 10, 2010
    Still struggling with the Mantis but I'm getting more used to the hit-and-run tactic!

Anyway, I must say, pirating freighters is COMPLETELY underrated in this game. Everyone keeps talking about finding the most profitable trade route, getting Cormorants and whatnots, etc., but I find I make just as much money in a much less monotonous way through pirating freighters. Unfortunately, I'm still $21M away from Kaamo :(