Universal Galaxy on Fire 2 (FISHLABS)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Oct 26, 2010.

1. netmute

netmute Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2012
    Looks like Supernova isn't coming out for another couple of weeks. Here is the official statement from fishlabs:

Source:
    http://www.fishlabs.net/en/blog/galaxy-on-fire-2-supernova-dev-diary-14-the-features-of-the-free-update/comment-page-5/#comment-22215

2. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Meanwhile the regular version has been approved but the company is too stubborn to release it.
    :(

3. Kire

Kire Active Member

Aug 26, 2010
    #1943 Kire, Sep 18, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
    I have already finished the game (credits and everything) and bought the addon, how do I start the new quests? There are no story markers on the map

4. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    Just exit/leave the dock and you will be getting an incoming transmission....

5. Kire

Kire Active Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Thanks a lot, I tought I would have to start all over again... Btw, that made me feel stupid... Could it be more simple?

6. dib

dib Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    I'm still waiting for them to fix their goddamned AI. Mining that core with infinitely respawning enemies is completely f---ing stupid. Why am I going to buy a second expansion when the first is so inexplicably broken?

7. Wediafom24

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    Lol. I had the same problem back in the day when i bought the expansion. Now I am eagerly waiting for the supernova addon to hit sometime next week:)

8. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    You only need the Sight Suppressor II or the Yin Co. Shadow Ninja and some Energy Cells. Or some wingmen.

9. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    Yeah, the game is not broken at all. Like the other person said you need a clocking device ( I use yin co shadow ninja) then right before you start mining use it. It will last all the way to a few seconds before your done mining the core.

10. Wediafom24

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    You need to equip your ship with a cloak. Even better, hire wingmen to keep those Al's from your back. Search this thread for strategies on how to mine void crystals/essence....

11. netmute

netmute Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2012
    Um... I don't want to spoil your anticipation, but, considering the latest news, a September release seems unlikely :(

12. Wediafom24

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    Yeah, I read the news from Fishlabs. A little disappointed but what can you do. They said the HD version was rejected so I am assuming they have to decode and resubmit to apple again. That could take 3 weeks? :(:confused:

13. dib

dib Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    I did both. And I can clear every one of them simultaneously with a well placed nuke. The problem is every ship respawns immediately, and within shooting range. There is no way to get clear to mine something for the time it takes to drill a complete asteroid.

They could have spawned them away from the field, or given it a minute before a new ship will appear. But no.

It's just annoying that they moved on to a third expansion without improving the core game. All Fishlabs seem to care about are eyecandy and adding new ships.

14. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    I think that you should read the development diary of Supernova before saying that it only offers new ships and visuals. Just saying.
    Anyway, I didn't see any problem with the "core game". In fact I really liked those mining missions.

15. Wediafom24

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    Like I have suggested and others, get the clock (sight supressor ) and you will mine cores easily. You will most likely find the supressor in Sobotnik (Pescal inartu). I recommend the supressor 2 because it's cheaper and easily accessible. There are advanced clocks but this should suffice. Moreover, try to stock your ship with 20 energy cells (more if you have bigger space). Good luck.

16. dib

dib Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    And I already said that I tried the cloak. And typically carry 60 cells because the warp drive also requires them. There's no excuse for the broken AI in the current game.

17. Quantum Apocalypse

Quantum Apocalypse Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    I am assuming you don't have Valkyrie, from your other post, so you're probably just drilling for the medals?

There is nothing broken about the AI, it's perfectly fine. Depending on your difficulty setting, it may or may not be particularly harder.

If you are drilling for ores and cores, try to find the safest system that that type is available in. If then faction residing in that system is an enemy to you, try to change your reputation, so they become friendlies/neutral and no longer attack you.
    If you are getting rid of pirates before drilling, don't hit friendlies with splash damage, as that will just turn them against you. Also, try getting better drills, shields, armour and a repair bot.

18. dib

dib Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
    Valkyrie is what I am talking about. There's a mission after several that has him warping back to the mysterious alien system to drill a core from asteroids.

Ship: Veteran

Scram Cannon
    Sunfire o50
    Scram Cannon

Skuld AT XR

Beamshield II
    D'iol
    Ketar Repair Bot II
    Pulsed Plasma Thrust
    Polytron Boost
    Khador Drive
    Hiroto Ultrascan
    Rhoda Blackhole
    Sight Supressor II
    AB-4 "Octopus"
    Gunannt's Drill
    Emergency System

19. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    #1959 CoreyB, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
    As I said before the cloak you have is not the best for drilling. You need the shadow ninja, not sure where you buy the blueprint for it. If I remember right you are unable to use a cloak in the middle of mining. The sight suppressor doesn't last long enough. Trust me, get the shadow ninja then try it.

20. Quantum Apocalypse

Quantum Apocalypse Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Ah, so you do have Valkyrie. All I can say is you haven't found many blueprints :p Far superior shields and armour etc than what you have at the moment.

As others have said in the thread, it is HIGHLY recommended that you get the Yin Co Shadow Ninja blueprint. For 5 energy cells, it provides 40 seconds of invisibility.