Galaxy on Fire 2 FULL HD coming for iPad 2 and Mac

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by diabolus, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Viggary

Viggary Active Member

Apr 19, 2011
    On Earth
    Great great work FishLabs !!! I bought the normal version of GoF 2 and will really enjoy to pay for the new HD version which I assume has been a lot of extra work.

I can't wait for the iPad 2 release now...Please let us know a date if possible.

I suggest all the players to call Sony and ask them to pay you back for God of War 1 and 2 as well as Ico and Shadow of the Colossus as you would like to play the PS3 HD version of all these great games for FREE !!! And post back if you succeed...

2. fishlabs_games

fishlabs_games Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2009
    Hi Viggary, thanks for supporting us and great to hear you like GOF2. We are on track with GOF2 HD for iPad2 and will release it within a few weeks. In the meantime you might enjoy the latest screenshots taken by fans from the Mac version.

Cheers,
    Michael

3. fishlabs_games

fishlabs_games Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2009
    It's coming really, really soon! ;-)

4. Dsmgsx916

Dsmgsx916 Member

Oct 8, 2011
    Stock Broker
    Sacramento,CA
    Hey there! So I've been visiting toucharcade forums and website for a long, long time now, just never signed up and posted before. Anyway, I was lucky enough to stumble on "Galaxy on Fire 2 HD" last night while searching for it on my iPad 2. I've been anticipating it's release for quite some time, so I search every day usually. I was floored when I saw it, I hit buy instantly ($12.99, in case you're wondering). I played it for a couple hours, and it is absolutely marvelous! In the description that was on the app store, it did say for iPad 2 and iPhone 4s only.

Anyway, my roommate liked what he saw and went to search for it, and it's gone now. I'm guessing that brief window when I was able to snag it last night was an accidental release? Anyway, thought I would just verify for anyone else who's been anticipating it for a while now, the Fishlabs poster isn't telling a lie, if that little accident is any indication, it should be out very, very soon.

Thanks Fishlabs for slipping up and me just happening to stumble across it, made my weekend. It's marvelous, bravo!

5. dduttonnc

dduttonnc New Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Retired
    Charlotte, NC
    #45 dduttonnc, Oct 10, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
    Yep, I got it too, then 30mins later it was gone from the app store. There are 6 ppl in the iOS game center that have it as this shares different gc leader boards from 2. Open feint , both games share the same leader board which is lame. Its nice getting a head start as I'm num 1 in game center lol

The save game files in 2 could be edited to give you 2 billion cash. At least they got smart and put a check sum at the end of the file in the hd version to stop that. If you modify a save in any way, it won't load. This also prevents anyone from loading a saved game from 2 to hd - even via openfeint syncing.

I just wish they put the add ins like 2 has

The game runs great on ios5 and supports saving to both iCloud and openfeint

But having the game iphone4s and iPad 2 only is greatly going to limit sales. You can alter it to run on an jb iPad 1, but unless you have a JB iPad 1 with a 256mb swap file, the hi res textures will cause it to run out of memory and crash.

6. dduttonnc

dduttonnc New Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Retired
    Charlotte, NC
    #46 dduttonnc, Oct 10, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
    Your roommate can still play it. Just authorize his/her machine to play content with you apple Id then copy the .ipa file to their computer, then drag and drop it to iTunes and add it to their device and sync!

Any apple id can be authorized up to 5 desktops/laptops, and one desktop can have multiple apple ids

It's 100% legal as any app you buy can go on a max of 5 iTunes libraries, and each library has no limit, that I know of, to the number of devices that sync to it

Keep in mind, your roommate can't buy stuff on your Id. You are just authorizing their library to use ANY apple content you buy (rent)

7. Pacificsun0481

Pacificsun0481 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    Where is this game?!!!!

Is it coming this week or the week iPhone 4S arrives?

Us iPad 2 owners have been waiting months to see these visuals arrive.

Throw us a bone! Let us enjoy it a tiny bit sooner Fishlabs.

I passed on Valkyrie because it didn't have the better Tegra like visuals.

Been waiting...and waiting...

8. dduttonnc

dduttonnc New Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Retired
    Charlotte, NC
    It's no where. It comes out on the 14th. 12 people in the world, including me, got it a few days ago because fish labs put the wrong release date and apple put it up for sale. It was in the app stores for maybe 1-2 hrs before apple yanked it off

9. Pacificsun0481

Pacificsun0481 Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    Does it look as good on iPad 2, as the Mac version?

Identical?

If not what are the differences?

10. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

Cant believe i missed it on accidental release :( hopefully a thursday release in time for 4S on fri?