Universal Galaxy on Fire 2 HD - By Fishlabs

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by goiMot, Oct 12, 2011.

1. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    What's new

- Fixed Wormhole bug
    - Fixed Terran NPC laser projectiles orientation

2. b00mers

b00mers Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2010
    whiterun
    It's on sale at the minute, and a quick question, anyway I can port my data from galaxy on fire 2 sd from iPhone to hd on iPad

3. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    so is the general consensus that if you have an iPhone 4S you should get this game asap?? How is the flying controls compared to other flight simulation games? Is the story customizable in the sense that it's not so linear, you can choose what to do?

thanks

4. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    It's not a sim at all. Controls are pretty good but I feel it's a bit too sensitive for steering even with sensitivity at lowest but nothing game breaking. Story is pretty straight forward with side quests. This isn't skyrim in space in case you're wondering.

5. Quantum Apocalypse

Quantum Apocalypse Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yes, you can port your data from the SD version to the HD version, and once Valkyrie is released for Mac, you will even be able to transfer your saves there! It is done via Openfeint or iCloud

IMO you should get it straight away, it's a great game. The controls are nice and smooth, and you can control with gyroscope or touch controls, both of which are excellent. The story can be followed straight, but you are not constrained by any means, and you can fly off and do freelance missions whenever you like.

And also, if you have the SD version installed when you open HD, you get Valkyrie HD for free :)

6. SweTSE

SweTSE Member

Apr 20, 2012
    Just one question:
    Does the storyline in GoF2 continue from GoF?

7. Allanon

Dec 10, 2011
    Paranor
    So I'd have to buy both versions to get the valkyrie hd? and what is the valkyrie a ship?

8. Tower Defender

Tower Defender Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Yes, but you don't need to play the original GoF to get the story, since the original GoF didn't have much of a story... but the characters are the same and it makes some references to it.

9. kcur

kcur Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    US
    You can buy Valkyrie in game too. It's basically some more missions and better ships/weapons.

10. Allanon

Dec 10, 2011
    Paranor
    ok cool, I bit the bullet and bought this game.. still trying to decide if I want to get Sky Gamblers Air Supremacy... looks really promising

11. Quantum Apocalypse

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    OK, Valkyrie is an expansion pack in game, which costs 4.99 US. If you don't have both the SD and HD, you'd be fine with just purchasing the pack, BUT, if you did have the SD version already, you could get the expansion pack in HD for free.

12. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    #292 drelbs, Apr 30, 2012
    Last edited: May 1, 2012
    But then you will have to play with the Valkyrie content in the HD version.

If it'd work both ways, I'd buy both versions as I have an iPhone4. (We do have an iPad2, but it's very difficult to get it away from our daughter!)

Any updates regarding this?

13. Allanon

Dec 10, 2011
    Paranor
    definitely a tough game even on normal mode.
    the flying itself is not one of the games strong suits for its lack of being able to fly away from being barraged by pirates. I'm only level 4 but my freelance missions have brought me into areas that are pretty far from my main quests and they tech levels are way higher. I guess I just need to stick to lower level areas and upgrade the crap outta my ship.

any advice would be appreciated regarding strategy for progressing

14. Quantum Apocalypse

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    I would suggest starting off with easy mode, and getting the gist of the game. Boosters can get you out of tricky situations with pirates, getting some armour upgrades your health, and shields do the same, but regenerate over time.

You can also come over to the Fishlabs forums for more opinions and suggestiong :) http://forums.fishlabs.net/fishlabs-boards-english-20/galaxy-fire-2-124/

Yeah, if you don't already own the normal version, then you could save some cash just getting the HD version and the add-on.

15. Allanon

Dec 10, 2011
    Paranor
    thank you very much quantum, I'll definitely be making an account over on that forum so I'll direct my game questions there.

16. ikemike

ikemike Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Chicago
    Would Valkrie HD be detected in Galaxy on Fire SD?

17. Quantum Apocalypse

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Sorry, no it doesn't. Only GOF2 HD detects GOF2 SD and grants Valkyrie HD for free.

18. ikemike

ikemike Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Chicago
    #298 ikemike, May 13, 2012
    Last edited: May 13, 2012
    Blast it. =/

I suppose they assume people who buy the HD version first don't want to play it on a lower-gen device later. But it leaves out people like me.

19. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

The new ipad update is finally out, the game is now running at 1440x1080. The framerate should be smooth now : )

20. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    The file became monster or is only my idea? 292mb the old one... 622mb the new!!!! I cannot imagine how big will be when install.