Universal Galaxy on Fire 2 HD - By Fishlabs

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by goiMot, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Just tested the update on the new iPad and the framerate is nice and smooth now, and it looks good!

2. CzarCastic

CzarCastic Well-Known Member

The file is 1.2 GB on the device! :(

It sucks, but now it'll probably be one of the first games I delete to make room for other apps. I wish there was a way to download only the assets need for your specific device. I've probably got 200MB of app files needed for my iPad 2 and 1GB of files for the new iPad, which I don't need.

3. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Wow... the file size is massive now... Took 500+ mb extra from my device... Now the file is 1,2gb installed.. Exactly what happened with Sky Gamblers... Come on guys i have start delete stuff from my devices to make some space for the new entries (Spider-man, Batman, IB Dungeons, NFS...) and with updates like this i m always at 0.... Anyway.. the game runs smooth now!

4. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    #304 ironsam80, Jun 18, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
    If it wasn't the new expansion we are waiting i would deleted too....
    The last days i have ''lost'' 1gb+ free space just with the updates of Sky Gamblers and this... :(

5. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Definitely needs anti-aliasing for sure....and why is the file size so much bigger if it was down-res'd?

6. The release date for Supernova add-on has been set for 30th of August.
    Yay!!!!

7. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    So, does the new 1.0.9 update have reduced effects when played on Retina resolution?

8. Quantum Apocalypse

Quantum Apocalypse Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Sale on for half price! This weekend only!

9. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    So I realize that the SD version is recommended for an iPod Touch 4G, but since this is now the same price as the Valkyrie expansion and were I to download this with the SD version installed, I'd get Valkyrie for free, it'd be the same price for me to upgrade to this version now. Will it run on a my device, however?

10. Quantum Apocalypse

Quantum Apocalypse Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    True, you would get the Valkyrie upgrade at the same price as the add on itself.

While HD is not designed for the device, people have gotten it working on the iPod 4. Even with low quality settings, the textures etc are still there. However, it can't be guaranteed to work, so I guess you use at your own risk.

11. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    GoF 2 HD? Yes, it will run in your device, but keep in mind that the game is NOT optimized for that device, so you'll get some framerate drops. You can disable some effects in options though.

12. medianotzu

Nov 21, 2009
    Hmmm...thanks for answering, guys. If I had plans to upgrade soon I'd go for it for sure, but I really don't see it happening for at least another year, unfortunately, unless some money drops out of the sky on me. I tend to prefer a smooth framerate over detailed textures, so I guess I will pass.

13. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

Hmmm, yeah I was thinking about upgrading, since I have an iPad now. So having both the SD and HD on your device unlocks Valkyrie in the HD version for free?

14. medianotzu

Nov 21, 2009
    Yessir.

15. dib

dib Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2011
  16. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    I finally threw down on this game cause of the sale, I already have the sd version. While the hd game looks great I think I like the sd version as it looks a lot better on the iPad. I'm going to probably give the hd version a lot more play but first impressions are not good. I mean even the text is blurry.

17. revok

revok Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2009
    UK
    Stupid question. If you have the SD version the. Buy the HD version you get Valkyrie free but I take it you don't need to leave the SD version on the phone?
    Is it worth it, I have a 4S.

18. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    The HD version gives you an option to choose the resolution. You can choose SD, full retina, and a middle option made for iPad 2 (it's better, but not retina). Maybe its defaulted to the lower resolutions? It looks really sharp on my iPad 3

19. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    #319 CoreyB, Jul 29, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
    Your right, thanks. I initially went in the options and it showed it was at full hd but I moved it down then back up and restarted. The text now looks like its retina.

20. ZorakZoran

ZorakZoran Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    France
    I came here to complain. I saw the news on toucharcade for a new extension of the game. I finished it already some months ago, and I really loved it. So I bought the HD version, now that I have a shiny new iPad, restored the Valkyrie extension, and started playing again.

Everything went fine, until I started doing trade again. I'm really, really pissed. Now there's now way to make money fast, cause the prices aren't what they used to be (higher "buy price", lower "sell price"). That's a gamedesign decision, ok, my traditional trade route between Pan and Wolf Reiser doesn't make money anymore. But what was also changed, is that you can buy credits ingame...

So guys, the last time I checked your game isn't a f2p, cause, you now, it's not free... Making everything to add to the grind time, and adding IAP for credits, it pisses me off. A lot. I saw there's way to do business with Loma, but seriously, crippling the trade, adding IAP ?

No thanks. Really disapointed, this was a great game last time i played it, it still is, but I just hate the way things go in the app store.