Galaxy on Fire: Alliances (By Fishlabs)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by killercow, Feb 11, 2013.

1. oldgamer dude

oldgamer dude Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    Why dear lord why? GOF 2 was absolutely one of my favorite IOS games of all time. In fact I played through everything (all expansions) again after 2 complete plays) just to experience it all again on my 'new' touch.

A sad day indeed. Maybe they will still make a premium GOF 3? hmmm.

2. Lost_Deputy

Lost_Deputy Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    My most anticipated game on ios. FTP doesn't phase me here. They are looking to populate the universe. Won't be surprised if they have a lax subscription followed by a premium price down the track when the numbers are there.

I think this game is gonna be huge. Eve in your pocket :)

3. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    Unfortunately I think you will be very disappointed. When I first saw the game I though awesome, multiplayer GoF. This is nothing close, classic F2P, where the more money you spend equals better player. I was very excited when I was accepted for beta testing, and feel bad about even saying this as the game is unfinished. But from what I've played imagine EA bought GoF2, then took out everything fun and added timers to everything else.

4. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Urgh. That sucks. I find it really surprising that they would take that appraoch. Anyway thanks for the heads up. Adjusting expectations complete

5. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    I think they should have continued to expanded GOF2 more. Another Valkyrie type expansion with the ability to buy more stations. At Kamo, there is nothing else to do except save up your stuff at the station. We should be able to sell and make money with our stations.
    If what you said turn up to be true then, I am very disappointed.

6. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    All in all it is a quality game so far, the production value is what you would expect. The game play is pretty deep, but at the end of the day, if you have money to burn you are going to completely dominate the game. Example, you can pay $ to instantly build anything, aircraft building. And from what I've played so far there is no actual flying aircraft or any of that. If you enjoy F2P type games this is one of the best. For me, I absolutely hate this model.

7. oldgamer dude

oldgamer dude Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2013
    No flying in a GOF game? It boggles the mind.

8. Sambobsung

Sambobsung Well-Known Member

May 19, 2012
    Male
    Canada
    Well this kinda sucks. Such a shame. I never did finish GOF2, I just got the Bloodstar and started crap with all the alliances.

9. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Dude didn't you read the NDA???

10. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Was just thinking the same myself? I sure read it, and it says no posting info pics vids Anything,
    Not sure how much clearer it could have been.

11. Twenty One

Twenty One Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Oil & Gas Engineer
    Oklahoma City, USA
    #31 Twenty One, Jul 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2013

12. Alister

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Ok,This is getting really bad over here....Peeps read the NDA...There is a purpose to its existence...

13. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    I did read the NDA. Nowhere does it say I can't discuss my feelings of the game. They already have a developer blog and wiki page that clearly shows you spend money to speed up building. Nothing at all I said in any way violates the NDA. Anyone who has interest in the game can visit fish labs own sites for the game and easily draw the same conclusions of the game.

14. Alister

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    I'm still gona say,read it carefully....Hey,you can do what ever you want....:cool:

15. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    #35 CoreyB, Jul 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
    I did several times before posting and while it probably wasn't very classy of me, neither is the developer trying to capitalize off whales, and addicts to make a profit. The NDA is clearly written to prevent the stealing of IP. While its general as to most, in no way is it enforceable as free speech relating to things the company themselves have already disclosed, ex. F2P nature of the game, screenshots of buttons showing you can speed production, and there own statement on public forums that the pictures of flying are only concept drawing not game play.

16. DeadGuy427

DeadGuy427 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    US Army Infantry
    Lacey, WA
    I got into e beta, but I didn't know it was available yet...I'm off to check it it for myself!

17. Tobi@Fishlabs

Tobi@Fishlabs Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Cheers for the feedback, guys. We're glad to hear that quite a few of our fans really enjoy Alliances so far. And it's also good to hear that even those who are not too fond of the genre in general still appreciate certain aspects of the game, such as the graphics or depth of gameplay. We really put a lot of effort into all aspects of the title to make it an all-around outstanding gaming experience. Of course, it's just natural that not everybody will be equally psyched about it, because tastes differ and some people prefer game A while others prefer game B. This being said, there's no need for anyone to be disappointed that there's not gonna be any "real" space action in GOFA (in terms of players navigating their own ships in battle), because all those of you who prefer action games over strategy games can rest assured that we're gonna make another space action game in the future as well. So there's gonna be something for everyone in the Fishlabs portfolio. :)

As for posting any info on the actual gameplay of the beta build, I guess we're in some kinda grey area here. On the one hand, we're indeed trying our best to give our fans a deep insight into the production of the title. So even those who've not signed up for the beta will most likely have gotten to know quite a bit about Alliances already via our blogs, social media channels and forums. But on the other hand, the NDA does also say that you're not allowed to discuss any gameplay mechanics, etc or post any self-made screenshots/videos, etc publicly.

So I think it would be best if you guys would move all in-depth discussion about the game to the official, non-public Alliances Beta forums. Over here, you can of course still continue to discuss all aspects of the game that we've announced publicly, such as the assets shown in the Dev Diarys or the stuff shown in the gameplay videos from E3 or GDC.

I'm also gonna stick around here more often in the next couple of weeks, so if there's anything you'd like to know about the game straight from the devs, just let me know and I'll forward your questions to the guys designing and programming the game. That way, I'm sure we can keep a vivid and interesting discussion up here on TA as well, without going too much into detail about all those aspects of the game, which aren't final yet (such as the balancing, for example).

18. Estupendo1

Estupendo1 Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2012
    Finally Soon!!

19. Lost_Deputy

Jan 27, 2013
    Venue Manager
    Sydney
    Welcome Toni. I'm glad it's shaping up well for you. To be honest I think this will not be to many people's taste (including mine) for reasons outside of personal genre preference. A multiplayer game that you can gain advantage by spending more money is one of the ugliest models of FTP. On top of this, by using a franchise that is synonymous with space action and changing the whole genre you are playing with people's expectations. Players will be initially disappointed regardless of the quality of alliances due to what the brand represents.

Anyway I'm a big Fishlabs fan and hope to see what other stuff you guys work on down the track :)

20. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Not sure what I can say I'm just sending my thoughts to the devs but so far I'm unimpressed, it feels and plays like any freemium town building type game on the App Store. Nothing special and not like a galaxy on fire game. :(