Universal Galaxy Reavers- Sliding Starships, Tactical Space RTS (Developed by Good Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Goodgamestoplay, May 19, 2016.

1. Squizzle535

Squizzle535 Active Member

Feb 24, 2016
    Earth. Probably.
    Lasers- Ion rail gun, ray gun, kation ray gun, photon Torpedo. Various versions of those mostly mk 2 and 3

2. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Thanks! That explains ;) I was looking for weapons with literal "laser" in the name.
    I have quite a few of those: Ion rail guns, Photon Torpedoes, Rayguns. Haven't seen the "kation raygun" yet, though.
    But they are mostly relegated to my secondary fleet currently. That'll change when I get time to swap out all those Missile Launchers with Ion Guns.

The Photon Torps are brutal. I have one 2-slot orange, and that thing does 2063 damage every 15 seconds at close range. I put all I get on my Cruisers and Chasers in my secondary fleet. Even the single-slot green one (Photon Torpedo II) does 488 damage / 15 seconds cooldown.

For comparison, the strongest weapon per single shot so far, the Antimatter Torpedo III, does 1877-2527 + 469-632 = 2346 - 3159 (and is the only one with a damage range, afaik). But that's a oneshot weapon, and takes two slots as well.

3. Squizzle535

Feb 24, 2016
    Earth. Probably.
    im pretty sure the kation Ray gun I got from the shop. When is multiplayer planned for? It seems like it should be soon from the loading screens.

4. Goodgamestoplay

Goodgamestoplay Well-Known Member

May 6, 2016
    operations
    CN
  5. Goodgamestoplay

Goodgamestoplay Well-Known Member

May 6, 2016
    operations
    CN
    @Nullzone,

My commander, grateful to your contribution to this thread. :)
    Words cannot express my appreciation.

---
    www.galaxyreaversapp.com
    www.facebook.com/GalaxyReavers

6. Squizzle535

Feb 24, 2016
    Earth. Probably.
    So, I now have another battleship. What do I get next? My current ships are: 1 Carrier, 2 Battleships, 1 cruiser, 1 chaser.

7. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Once you start piling up the Capital Ships, the real limiting factor is Command Points.
    If you have 500 Khorium, you should absolutely get a Titan, these monsters make such a huge difference.

1 Carrier, 2 Battleships, plus a Titan was my final fleet which I used for the last 5-10 stages. So except for the big boy you are pretty well set already.

Just play onwards until you cannot win a mission. Then it's time to repeat older ones to get some better equipment.

Put whatever ships you have left into a second fleet, and use that one to replay the highest-numbered mission they can survive easily. While it does add to the repair times, at least for me with playing in short bursts with 2+ hours in between, it sped up things considerably.

I think starting at mission 40 I got more blue and purple equipment, so I could phase out green stuff.

8. Squizzle535

Feb 24, 2016
    Earth. Probably.
    Titan isn't arriving any time soon, what should I use until then?

9. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Hhmm, bit hard to say for me as I got my Titan at mission 33 already.
    With 2 Battleships you are already pretty well set. Instead of buying a third, I'd go for a second Carrier first. Hold off on upgrading slots until you can buy the new ship. They take long to level up, and it's much better to have them gain experience while you collect the Gold for more slots.
    What you put in your primary fleet depends a bit on what your command points allow. Having 3 capitals and a smaller ship is better than e.g. 2 Carriers and a Chaser and Frigate.

You need 54 commandpoints (level 30) to fit 2 Battleships and Carriers each, and I don't know how close you are to that. But you can always put any capital ship not fitting into the primary fleet into the second one and let it gain xp there.

10. Squizzle535

Feb 24, 2016
    Earth. Probably.
    Alright, thanks.

11. Boobi

Boobi Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Earning money
    BC, Canada
    Still having a blast working on mission 39. Definitely looking forward to new ships.
    Have managed to get some purple gear but no orange yet.

12. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Orange gear is really rare, I only have two or three even after replaying a lot of missions. But so far the distribution is pretty okay: I don't have any white gear left on my ships, and quite a bit of the green stuff I already placed with blue items.

@Squizzle:
    How are you coming along? I went back and replayed missions from 38 onwards with a setup like yours. Up to missions 41 I could do fine with 2 Battleships and 1 Carrier.
    For 42 I had to add a Frigate, 43 saw the Frigate replaced with a Chaser, and for 45 the Chaser had to go for a Cruiser.

Also, remember I wrote that Missiles running out of ammo is not an issue for me yet? Well, that changed:
    For the new missions 50-55 the limited ammo for missiles/torpedoes really becomes an issue. While the initial burst damage is extremely high (which is why Goodgames put in the ammo limit, I am sure: Missiles/Torps pack a lot more punch than the guns) and I can easily slaughter even a Battleship with the opening salvo, once you run out of ammo and don't have enough guns installed for backup you get problems.
    I'm now phasing out my Missiles and Torpedoes for guns, only keeping the high-quality ones (blue, purple, orange).

Another nice one: Put the Fighters ordnance on a level 50+ Battleship as well. I got another green one, but my Carriers and Titan already have blues. So I gave it a try on a BS - and lo behold, it works surprisingly well.

@Goodgames:
    Nice job with the update! 5 new missions, missiles/torps now show the amount of salvoes in the item description; and I like the new ship graphics on the loading screens, those look really good, my compliments to the artist.
    Could you add a DPS stat to the weapons' descriptions as well? By now it gets increasingly hard to compare weapons.

Also, what does the "duration" mean exactly for some, e.g. for the Ion Gun?
    From what I see during a mission, I guess they do X damage over Y amount of time. And when they are done firing, the cooldown starts. Is that correct?
    A good explanation of that mechanic would help a lot with comparing weapons against each other.

13. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Re the new missions:
    50-53 were easy, blasted through those without any problems.
    Now I am stuck at 54, there's just too much stuff to kill and I run out of time. Will see if replacing Missiles/Torps - so I don't run out of ammo - helps with that.

14. Squizzle535

Feb 24, 2016
    Earth. Probably.
    Ive got some orange and purple stuff, and a good bit of blue. On missles there is a stat now that shows how many times it fires, it's a good thing to know. I still use some missles and unfortunately photon torpedos have ammo :(.

15. Squizzle535

Feb 24, 2016
    Earth. Probably.
    I'm to mission 46.

16. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #96 Nullzone, Jun 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
    @Squizzle: Makimg good progress, I'd say ;)
    Same here, I still use Missiles and Torpedoes. Partly because I don't want to throw anything Blue+ away, and partly because I don't have anything better to replace them yet.

@Goodgames:
    Can we see enemy resistances anywhere?
    And do e.g. Proton Torpedo effects stack? Can I get an enemy into negative resistance (=vulnerability) by firing enough Protons at him? If yes, this could make for some interesting strategies.

Also, can you increase the current maximum command points by one or two? Either by increasing the starting amount, or by adding another commander level or two.
    The reason I ask is that with the current maximum I can fit 1 Titan, 1 Carrier, 2 Battleships into a fleet, leaving 4 points unused.
    One more CP would allow to replace one Battleship with another Carrier. 2 more CP would give 2 Titans and 2 Battleships.
    Note: I wouldn't recommend the latter, as unlocking Titan slots is ridiculously expensive.
    Not to mention that a Titan should be something special, in my book one is enough per fleet.
    So, adding just one more Commandpoint should get us a long way already.

17. Boobi

Boobi Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Earning money
    BC, Canada
    Still having issues with mission 39. Mainly I don't think I have enough good weapons as is I get it to half or 1 bar and run out of time. My titan and carrier almost always survive. The battle ship mostly explodes.

Still having a blast.

18. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Do you have Antimatter-Cannon and Explosive Torpedoes ordnance on all your capital ships?
    Attack only the Fortress, ignore all the chaff. I cannot remember what I had exactly in terms of weapons, only that it were still mostly greens, with an occasional blue.
    If you have enough commandpoints, throw in whatever fits as 4th ship, for some additional firepower and as fire magnet.
    This is a short mission when done right, so forget about running out of ammo and load up on Missiles & Torpedoes on at least one ship. E.g. my Titan was my Missileboat and my Carrier was full with Torps, till Goodgames added the new 51-55 missions where ammo becomes a concern.

19. Boobi

Boobi Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Earning money
    BC, Canada
    Thanks got it! Awesome!

20. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Good to hear ;)
    If you need to replay missions for equipment/gold, #41 is a good choice:
    Short, not too difficult, and no enemy Carriers to wreck you with fighters. I can win it easily with my secondary fleet of 1 Carrier, 2 Cruisers, 1 Chaser.

On another note, I completed missions 54 and 55 yesterday. Some more firepower (mostly from replacing a bunch of Missiles & Torps with beam weapons) and focusing on the enemy Carriers first did the trick. Didn't even need to bring AA Guns along.

Waiting for more missions, ships, and multiplayer now ;)