Universal Galaxy Run - (by Spiel Studios)[Universal]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    The Devs asked me to write my imps rather here than in the promocode threat. Ok, i say it again:

Great challenging five minutes time waster we have here. Nice graphics and cool music keep me coming back. Just 'one more go' to get it perfect.

2. spiel

spiel Well-Known Member

Thanks. Its always best to have all the impressions under one main thread, than scattered at various places.

Glad you liked the game!

3. Getting funner the more I play. Kinda cool there are so many levels in this game.

4. Bewi

Bewi Well-Known Member

Hi, thanks for the answer.

I have the 1.2 version installed and I believe it is the latest. The timer is still independent of the framerate. It is not a problem for getting the orbs though. Only for best times.

5. spiel

spiel Well-Known Member

This is updated in v1.3 which is under review by Apple. It should be available this week if all goes well.

Also added iOS7 Game Controller support in the new upcoming update.

6. Bewi

Bewi Well-Known Member

That's great news, thanks.

7. spiel

spiel Well-Known Member

Glad you're liking it! Which chapter-level have you reached?

8. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

Not sure if you're going to change it, but I'd like at least an option for auto restart. I'm the kind of gamer who won't continue from a level until I perfect it, so it would be so much easier for the timer to reset after a death rather than having to remember to actually restart. A few times I've beaten tough levels, only to realize I forgot to reset and thus have to go again to get the three orbs

9. Just finishing up the third chapter, about to start chapter 4. Game gets funner as one plays, the gravity aspect is pretty cool.

10. spiel

spiel Well-Known Member

I understand what you say, but we are looking at ways how we can add more value and discourage players to hit the restart button when they die and respawn for the second time. If theres an auto-restart it would become extremely easy for other gamers to get 3 orbs all the time in most of the earlier easy levels.

11. spiel

spiel Well-Known Member

Oh ok, you have some long way to go.. Total of 18 chapters, 360 levels! Each chapter introduces a new gameplay mechanic.

Happy Playing!

12. Yeah, I think I would agree with this too, would be nice to have an option setting where it just restarted every time, cause I find it funner this way. End up manually restarting each level which is kind of a drag.

13. Bewi

Bewi Well-Known Member

Actually there is no interest to not hitting restart. That's why players ask for an auto-restart.

14. spiel

spiel Well-Known Member

For those who want to know the exact lyrics of our Title Track song!

Galaxy Run

"Fire up my nitro
    cruising on my space boat
    Disconnected transmission
    Another dimension
    crashed through the wrong port

Dangerous Perseus
    Drak Nok Aquarion

No turning back
    Put on my jetpack
    I've gotta go
    Zap like a bolt!

Galaxy Run!
    Second to none
    I'm the spaceman
    I'm in control

Galaxy Run!
    Three two one
    Ignition
    I'm flying back home"

You can view the video below, and also listen in the game!

15. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

4/5 Review from Appspy
    http://www.appspy.com/review/8017/galaxy-run

Review also comments on the Timer/Restart set-up

16. spiel

spiel Well-Known Member

The new update v1.3 goes live today, which includes:
    - Added iOS7 Game Controller support (Tested on Moga Ace)
    - Record times for attaining 3 orbs in certain levels fixed
    - FPS and Timer have been made dependent on each other. Now you will get accurate time irrespective if the device lags.
    - Updating to GC improved. It may take a while for all times on GC to settle down.

Also, it would be great if you could vote for Galaxy Run for TA GoTW:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=211775

Thanks!

17. Wow, 18 chapters, that is alot, that is something to look forward to!

18. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    Went back to the game and collected all 1080 orbs thanks to the fix! Shaved off a couple of seconds from world 1 too :D

19. spiel

spiel Well-Known Member

Good stuff on completing the whole game!

Glad you enjoyed it!

20. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    It's easy anyway. You just have to hit restart after each death. That doesn't mean that an auto-reset option isn't valid.

At the moment, most of the 3-orb ratings are just testing if you remembered to hit restart or not. Penalising players because they didn't hit restart isn't enhancing their experience; it's just frustrating.

Even if you can add value to replaying without hitting restart, I'd still like to see the option as many players who are aiming for top scores will want to restart every time.

Beyond that, this game is OK, but I disagree that it's better than Run Roo Run. I'm up to mission 5 and yet to see a mechanic which wasn't already in RRR, the graphics aren't as nice or distinctive, the physics are less predictable and the UI is less polished (e.g. The restart button temains visible in the top right after completing a level, but it doesn't work).

It's not a bad game, and worth checking out if you liked RRR and are craving more of the same, but it's got nothing to recommend it over RRR.

If you've got 69p to spare and haven't played either, buy Run Roo Run instead.