Game Center no longer for iPT2G or iPhone 3g

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by FinalGamerAC, Aug 5, 2010.

1. 270Kp

270Kp Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Beta-Tester
    USA
    #61 270Kp, Aug 8, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
    I've applied to Mc Donalds and other places, and still no job. Are you going to work some magical powers and get me one? If not, stfu.

2. Ace_97

Ace_97 Well-Known Member

Well that sucks. I feel like going to an apple store, jailbreaking an iphone/ipad/ipod touch, and then delete every file on it. :mad: But seriously, i stuck with the ipod touch so that i wouldn't have to buy a new console every time one would come out. Now that's happening with the ipod touch too.

3. sandy_1988

sandy_1988 Active Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Kolkata, India
    I don't know much, but Gameloft and EA will make games exclusively for iPhone 3GS+? You thought that seriously? And by big names, if you meant Rockstar, then you probably don't know why they brought Chinatown Wars to iPhone - just to make up for dismal sales on the other two platforms.

4. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    more power to rockstar and there app is still paying off for them still in top for most sales etc etc.. so i hope that is enough proof for them to port another game over.. did they have any other games on the other platforms?

i would like a 3d one to give a go.. gangstar is so shallow..

i plan on updating my gen 2 ipod to gen 4 next month.. then i wont update it again till gen 6. unless 5 has something i cant live with out.. which i guess will depend on what 4 gets.. i do know no matter what im updating to gen 4 ipod touch for the hardware.. and new battery.

chris.

5. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    Screw it, I payed $300 for my iPod Touch, that's a lot of money, and I might as well upgrade my iPod by taping a phone and a xbox 360 to it.

6. csklimowski

csklimowski Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    #66 csklimowski, Aug 9, 2010
    First they make iOS 4 incompatible for 1st gens, and now THIS? This just makes me want to...

*throws an apple against a brick wall*

Okay, I feel better now.

7. Bok Choy

Bok Choy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Student
    This is the internet. Trying to be a badass doesn't make you cool.

8. Notthevictim

Notthevictim Well-Known Member

I don't like this at all. The 2nd gen version is their official 8gb version. My ipod is Grand Spanking New and I'm already being left in the dust

9. sandy_1988

sandy_1988 Active Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Kolkata, India
    Well, they have two 3D GTA-s on PSP (Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories). They can port them over for sure, but they are PSP games from 2005 and 2006, so not much problem with 2nd Gen too.

Regarding device strategy, I will follow a similar one (even generations), but I will wait till the jailbreak comes out. I can't live without Fire Emblem (read GBA emulator :D).

10. tblrsa

tblrsa Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Vienna
    #70 tblrsa, Aug 9, 2010
    I don´t apprechiate Apples Move at all, although it won´t be a big issue for me, as long as the games themselves will still work on the 3G. I bet some devs will still provide other gamecenter alternatives such as OpenFeint etc. Let´s see how it plays out, nuff time to complain bout it after we know more details.

11. Notthevictim

Notthevictim Well-Known Member

Didn't Apple say this would be on all idevices at the keynote?

12. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    I think, I am not going to rewatch so I wouldn't know.. :D