Game of the Year

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ianlow32, Nov 24, 2009.

1. mattll

mattll Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2009
    bavaria
    the best RPG is ravensword

2. Ddyracer123

Ddyracer123 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Because this thread has the wrong games in the categorys. also he forgot some games one which i posted( see earlier post).

3. Awe

Awe Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2009
    The thread does not need to be deleted because he did not share your opinion dude.

4. seyoon

seyoon Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    East Coast
    Game of the year? Enviro Bear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

* Eat Fish and Berries.
    * When you are FAT enough, drive into a cave to Hibernate.
    * You can throw stuff out the windows and sunroof!

5. Pug4Death

Pug4Death Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Wow, what an idiotic comment on your part.

And I'm sure your just one of the biased Gameloft fanboys on the site. By love I meant CARE and they LISTEN to the community unlike some OTHER developers.

6. Dylan1696

Dylan1696 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2009
    Photographer/Graphic Designer/Electronics engineer
    Debbie did it here in '78
    Mystery Mania was a good idea for a puzzler.
    Touch pets(The idea)not the DLC's} was a good idea. My 2 yr old loves playing this.
    Rolando 2 was another good one.
    Eliminate should be in "Most Hyped" GotY.
    Iblast Moki is a winner too with the fact that you can also create your own levels. I love games that allow for you to put a little of your own creativity into them.

7. CDubby94

CDubby94 Well-Known Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Betty White
    Actually I don't like Gameloft because all their games are shallow and repetitive wrapped up in a good graphics package. And I would actually consider them less creative than ngmoco, all I was saying is ngmoco doesn't "put love" into their titles and they really aren't all that creative.

And I don't see how it was idiotic to say the Rolando games are based off of PSP games? Have you ever heard of LocoRoco?

8. Pug4Death

Pug4Death Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    Not Creative? Wow...most games they've released offer a fresh taste on an existing genre...

Of course...I own a hacked PSP. I only see how the art style and genre relate, the gameplay's core is raw platforming, but they both have different concepts of gameplay, of course. Rolando is much different than LocoRoco.

9. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    Yeah, coming from someone who owns both games I've never understood the resemblance.

10. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    GOTY

1. Eliminate
    2. Modern Combat
    3. Gangstar
    4. Backbreaker
    5. Meteor Blitz

:confused:

Was this list made by a kid who doesn't own any other gaming platforms and has horrible taste?

Eliminate is mediocre, Modern Combat is mediocre, Gangstar is truly godawful, Backbreaker is a tech demo, Meteor Blitz is ok.

Spider: TSOBM is the only iPhone game of "GOTY" caliber.

11. xVietx

xVietx Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2009
    Oklahoma, USA
    What does owning any other gaming platforms have to do with games on the iDevices?

I suppose this all would have been better if he had said it was all in his opinion which it all is and then asked what everyone else thought the GOTY was but he failed to do so and acted like this was the absolute list for GOTY. There are always going to be critics and everyone has different tastes and opinions. If you think a game is better, post your own list and say why. Don't needlessly spam and argue blindly. No one wants to read your useless post that has no information whatsoever and is just bashing the original post.

12. Outkast1

Outkast1 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    California
    Seriously, you probably shouldn't speak so authoritatively when the topic is subjective. I could have posted a :confused face: and thrown around some insults around too....

Let's give the OP a break here. I'm sure his/her intentions were good, we don't need to rip him a new one to make our points or suggest our games.

To the OP: Camzy had a good approach to compiling a 'Top 5 Games of each genre' list. She would post a few suggestions and let people vote for a week or so. Once each genre's voting was complete she would compile the top 5 on the original/first post. I think that is the best way to do it on a forum like this.. at the very least there should be a poll so people don't get all aggro when they realize people share differing opinions. We've got about a month and a week before year end, so ideally this topic should be revisited in January once everything comes out and people have had a chance to play the later games. Also important to take a fair look over all the best games that came out over the course of the year.
    my 2 cents

13. Michelangelo

Michelangelo Well-Known Member

It's obviously going to be enviro-bear, game of the year, just check the votes for it on it's thread

14. ianlow32

ianlow32 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    To Outkast,

Thanks for your comments and I think you make very good sense with the ongoing compilation as a constant update/review of the best games out there.

As you said, my intention was just to compile my own set of best of lists, and was kinda surprised at the reaction here, so maybe its a learnin curve for me on these forums.

As with all lists, they are all subjective and vary on the views of the individuals making the lists, I was just chipping in with my own hoping that others will contribute their own lists. My mistake for not making that clear enough in my original post.

15. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    [/epicfacepalm] OPs "list" was ownage. :rolleyes: Seriously though, since the last 7 pages did a good enough job of belittling you, I'll keep mine short. FAiL.

16. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Well, I nominate Skater Nation, Avatar, Driver and Tom Clancy's HAWX.

17. 5jusername

5jusername Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    School...
    Somewhere In The Universe
    did you really have to quote the entire OP?:rolleyes:

why isnt enviro-bear on the list?:D