Game Recommendations: Whose opinion do you trust more?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by tsharpfilm, Dec 19, 2009.

?

Whose opinion do you trust more?

1. I trust critics more

15 vote(s)
    27.8%
  2. I trust customer reviews more

16 vote(s)
    29.6%
  3. I trust both about the same

17 vote(s)
    31.5%
  4. I trust neither

6 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Customer reviews pretty much offer information on whether an average, everyday person would find a game fun or not. If you have around 10 that say they like it, and 2 that don't, it's probably a bad game. The standard is good graphics and good gameplay (for the most part). If I want to make a quick impulse buy, and the average is 4+ stars, there's a good chance that the game'll be at least luke warmly pleasant. The problem with iTunes, though, is that many people expect to much bang for their buck, or just have ridiculous excuses for why they don't like games.

Reviewers have a much higher standard for gaming since they've played tons of different games. Because of it, they have a better eye for detail, and they know what they're looking for, and what's new and unique in a game. The problem with reviews is that they're one person, and always biased whether for good or for bad.

Take both with some smelling salts :rolleyes:

2. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    I just follow the forums here.
    Reviews in iTunes I never look at, favorable or critcal

3. sk8erdude50

sk8erdude50 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    i was about to vote for customers since they r more of the common buyers like me, but then i chose critic because they have usually tried every game and give a fair review, rather than itunes reviews, where someone would give it 1 star and say "i wish i could play my own music"