Game you bought turns free next day!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Hambo12, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York

Same here. Thanks to Appshopper and other freebie sites I've saved so much money on apps it's ridiculous. So when I buy Lili at full price and see it go .99 the next day....sure I get a little annoyed, but that's only for a few moments before I move on. :)

2. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    LOL exactly!

3. Tannorexic

Tannorexic Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere in the spiritual realm
    If its an indie dev I don't mind at all. If anything I feel happier that I paid something.. Especially if I really enjoyed the game. Often I feel guilty by paying just a dollar for so many hours of entertainment and wish I could pay more.
    So it doesn't really bother me in the slightest if its indie and was a good game.
    However, if its a big company like gameloft or chillingo, i may feel slightly irritated, especially if I didn't really like the game, and it was 3$+
    I'm a big fan of puzzle games, so many puzzle games are indie devs, and so many indie devs don't get noticed, so have no choice but to make their game free...so I see it quite alot. When I first came to the AppStore it did bother me, but after years I am more appreciative at all the brilliant games I have experienced for a mere dollar or two and am more appreciative and eager to risk a buck or two on a game by an indie dev, even if I am not sure of the gameplay, it's worth a few dollars just to check It out, and it's nice to leave 5 star feedback especially when there are no other reviews.. It's good to show our appreciation to the indies working hard to compete with the big guys.
    I must have had at least $50 worth of games go free, I bought sonic racing at full price, (around $6 I think) and it went free, plus I've spent about $4 on all kairosoft games that eventually went down to 99c each, plus other games like sonic games and such. It annoys me s little when it's games from a big rich company, they don't need the money, nor the feedback, and I didn't even enjoy the sonic games much on iOS either. But shit happens basically.