Gameloft IAP Discussion

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by scarypharaoh, Feb 2, 2011.

1. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Hey, most of the time, real discussions start when a title hits US store.... :rolleyes:

2. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Ahh I see. I'm not too familiar withs IAPs I hardly bother with them. How do they work? you download them on your device using your iTunes credit and account right?

3. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    IAP means no Promo Codes to giveaway and NO GameHunter competition...no chances to get the game for free...bummer

4. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    It depends on the In-app thing, things like gold and stuff is not whereas add-ons to games and stuff are.

5. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    It is the same, as far as charging is concerned, with any item you get through your iTunes apps. I am not sure about IAP for consumables, but for DLC, well, from my little experience, it is the same as full apps -- the DLC does not charge you again for re-download.

6. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Really? There aren't promo codes for IAP? I would've thought there would be.

7. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

My only problem with this type of IAP is I have to take a half hour bus ride to get to a place that has wifi in order to unlock it.

On the plus side, that issue will keep me from getting for awhile so I can finish some of the other games.

8. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    Well, I guess it is up to Apple to do something about this. :)

9. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Remember when you had to buy a real magazine to find out about upcoming games? Then you had to go to drive an hour to the only store that carried new games and pay a non-refundable $30-40 bucks to buy it, then spend about an hour installing it on your PC, only to find out that you were missing a driver, which took a couple of hours to download over your 14K phone connection, then finally you got the thing running only to discover that the game was utter crap?

Makes it kind of hard to sympathize with the kind of "hardship" people are experiencing with the IAP on Sacred Odyssey.

10. UncleLimey

UncleLimey Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2008
    to all those bitching about iap.... if u dont like it, dont buy it... and get a f*cking life. nuff said

11. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    So if I accidentally delete it or I switch devices i can always just re-download it?

12. Jongjungbu

Jongjungbu Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Or, those NES and SNES games that cost me $60-$100 back then. Games are so much cheaper now for more content, it's great! I remember paying I think $80 for Zelda after tax.

13. UncleLimey

Oct 2, 2008
    its not rocket science... if u buy some in-app stuff.. it'll be free for you if you need to download it again, even on a different device as long as its the same account

14. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    From my previous experience, re-download should be free....just that it is more likely you lose the saved progress though.

15. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

First world problems truly are the worst.

16. pka4916

pka4916 Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Male
    Wisconsin
    LOL I do so agree to this statement..
    I remember those day... The box cover looks awesome, and all you got was 1 or 2 floppy's and the game is like a Commodore 64 game... hahaha
    those good old days

17. UncleLimey

Oct 2, 2008
    no thanks, i have quite a sensitive gag reflex

18. xkiller006x

xkiller006x Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    the IAP idea is amazing because everyone can just try the game first then buy it after they see what it is like. Its not a consumable IAP which i am not a big fan of. This also deals with the piracy issue many high caliber games face. Will definitely pick this one up later.

19. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

I also remember those days-most of 'em anyway, but I also know if we grew up with the current technology, we'd bitch about the same thing today's ADD gamers do.

20. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    You are probably right...