Gameloft IAP Discussion

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by scarypharaoh, Feb 2, 2011.

1. *Sincere*

*Sincere* Active Member

Feb 2, 2011
    U.S.A.
    I agree. and I won't (buy it) which translates into lost sales for Gameloft

2. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

3. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    I can promise you that gameloft wouldn't want money from someone like you. They could care less how many sales they 'lose' from some idiot complaining about a process that would take 10 more minutes max than a regular download. Go to hell. Honestly they're probably glad another idiot won't be posting a bunch of nonsense on the AppStore page for this game.

/end

And LOL Hodapp xD..

4. Domination5

Domination5 Member

Oct 31, 2010
    Software QA Engineer
    Why are people getting so worked up about other peoples opinions?

5. UncleLimey

UncleLimey Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2008
    #85 UncleLimey, Feb 2, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
    how will gameloft cope ?? i bet they are forced to close down.. your loss and no-one elses

i bet you are one of those people who complained when gameloft made an uncharted clone and refused to play it because of that reason..... yet probably throughly enjoyed the uncharted games even though they are clones of tomb raider... which in turn was just a clone/re-skin of mario 64 (it is if you think about it)

6. gelas_plastik

gelas_plastik Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    opening this topic to find some kind of early impression, and all I've got is the talk on IAP .. what a waste of bandwith ..

7. *Sincere*

*Sincere* Active Member

Feb 2, 2011
    U.S.A.
    Wow such harsh words...WTF??? I just rather not purchase the app I'm not complaining about anything. and FYI I'm not like those kids on the appstore rating apps low just because it doesn't support retina or something. if an app is great i will rate it accordingly, if it's crap i'll trash it :p

8. UncleLimey

UncleLimey Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2008
    if u choose not to buy it, then dont buy it... but thats not enough for you, you seem to think people are actually interested in the fact you are not buying it.... newsflash... nobody gives a sh*t whther you buy it or not... the only person who loses out is you.. by not getting to play it... dumbass

9. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Welcome to a typical release thread. Most people won't have the game until 11:00 PM EST, at which point we'll just reboot the thread and go from there.

10. Jongjungbu

Jongjungbu Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Can we fast forward and reboot it now? ;)

11. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Hodapp, why do games get released in the 'far east' first? Why not start in the 'west?' Just wondering xD..

12. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

Most Nz ppl wont have even dl it yet with the cyclone hitting them, i think its good to have a demo version first,then i dont have to waste 4quid to get a game i am unsure of

Wonder if starfront will be the same???hope so :)

And im entertained at ppls bitching lol

13. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

Well, do you know ANYTHING about time zones?

It would release in countrys in the west first if the earth was turning the other way round...

14. Jongjungbu

Jongjungbu Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Where is Superman when you need him! Oh wait, that would turn back time and make it take even longer to get this...

Anybody yet have any impressions of the full game, unlikely as that may be?

15. phattestfatty

phattestfatty Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010
    my prob with the IAP is that it means u cant track sales. I know gameloft makes excellent games, but i only have a certain amount im willing to spend. So, i wait for the ones i kind of want to go to .99 and then buy, and get only games that i really want. From that, I've gotten games like NFS (all of em), assasins creed, asphalt 5, bia2, spiderman, hos2, dh,nba, madden,battlefield,pvz, and the list goes on and on.... at a premium price, ive gotten NOVA 2, MC2,dead spacce, battle for wesnoth (a LOOONG time ago), and a few more.
    My point is, there is not really any way to track IAP so my hundreds of paid apps (some for free haha) would not be hundreds of paid apps w/o proper management. IAPs just make it harder....
    quick question... when u get the IAP, does it dl the full version in the app or is it already dl and u just need to unlock it?

16. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Oh shit LOL. Someone didn't use their head :eek:. (me)

17. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    I think this IAP is a very good idea from Gameloft.

Now I just can download the app over the day from NZ - and when it hits midnight in Europe, I just press the IAPs buy button and have the full app immediately without further need to download and installing it first.

18. TheGreemSim

TheGreemSim Well-Known Member

What cyclone? Everything's fine over here. It's Australia where they're ****ed.

Only played it for 15 minutes but I like the game so far one of Gameloft's finest. Still reckon I prefer Aralon however

19. *Sincere*

*Sincere* Active Member

Feb 2, 2011
    U.S.A.
    NO, you just have to do an IAP to unlock the rest of the game.

20. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    It's already downloaded -- you just unlock it.

As far as Gameloft is concerned, people tracking app prices is a bad thing. They'd rather you just evaluated the game and decided whether it was worth the current price.