Gameloft Price drop

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by MoJoe, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    I disagree. It's well known that freemiums get exponentially more downloads than paid apps. More people recognizing Gameloft can quite possibly lead to more fans.

2. AlienSEX

AlienSEX Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2011
    #42 AlienSEX, Dec 21, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
    Look, i have NOTHING against freemium. Never in any part of my previous posts can you find a single shred of evidence that i said i dislike 'freemium'.

Originally all i was trying to state is,
    Real Soccer 2012 has been badly produced and this IS A FACT. Many of us gamers waited for it for 1 FULL YEAR. and are left speechless with how horrible it has turn out to be, i can go on and on but you can find my full reviews in appstore. And i have LOST respect with Gameloft and will not purchase anymore of its game in the near future.

Additional points:
    1st) Real Soccer 2009 - 2011 are all priced at $6.99. If i am complaining about a 'free' game then why would i have purchased all the past installment? They were bang on the bucks, impressive improvements year by year.
    The current RS2012 is a completely different product, it looks and feel absolutely made by a DIFFERENT team of developers. Also included are FRIVOLOUS and unnecessary in-app-purchases just to unlock clubs, tournaments and other items, etc that had NEVER happened before in this franchise. Can you explain why 3 of the IAP option are priced $49.99, $99.99 and another also at $99.99 to unlock coins and 'cash'???

2nd) RS2012 was just launch 5 days ago, but Check out the reviews under 'recent' and 'most CRITICAL'
    out of all 82 one-star reviews, a worrying lot of them have written more than 3-5 paragraphs of comment about how disappointed they are with RS2012.

IT IS also suspicious that under 'most helpful', meaningless 5 stars 1-sentence reviews are being bumped up, out of no where within 1 day. (I noticed it coz i am reading the reviews yesterday and today. Most probably bumping done by Gameloft staff) to try to cover up all the bad reviews.

3. Madman100

Jul 6, 2011
    My immediate reaction was 'oh, sorry for misunderstanding' until I went back and read the post I originally replied to. U showed a more than obvious dislike for freemium.

So in an effort to move on with no argument I think we can both agree that we disagree.

4. jumpman475

jumpman475 Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Student
    Ithaca, NY
    The only games I would recommend from this sale are Gangstar Rio, NOVA 2, and Assassins Creed (although the graphics are a bit outdated, this is the best AC game on the appstore IMO)

If you have those already, MAYBE you might enjoy 9mm or Spideyman.

5. DodgerBlue016

DodgerBlue016 Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2011
    I create awesome paper airplanes that I will sell
    Here
    Spiderman I found to be exceptional. One of the funnest gameloft games. Is Rio worth it if I already have MV and don't play it much?

6. Psykikgmr

Psykikgmr Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    Rio is the worst of the three. Story and overall game is even more stale and gameplay hasn't aged well. If you don't play the other one very much, chances are you'll play this even less or even at all. Wouldn't it suck if you bought it, then Gameloft turned the game into a free title with ads? Maybe u should wait until then, no point in paying for something u won't play.

7. AlienSEX

Apr 13, 2011

Ok
    I went back to my post, and re-read it,
    I wrote:
    Clarification: IAP is ok with me, but frivolous and dubious IAP-WH0RING is NOT.

Pay attention to the word 'worst'.
    I said the worst is the bad game update. NOT the IAP.

lastly, i wrote
    The bad reviews are REAL and they are extensive.
    i'm still very sure i addressed that last line to Gameloft (mainly in hope someone from Gameloft would read it.) and NOT to you, so i do not know why you have to fire back at me. And you don't even own the games i mentioned.

In conclusion, i NEVER intended to 'argue' with anyone here or to go off-topic.
    Just hope that you can READ carefully into people's comments properly next time before you reply.

Peace.

8. jeffy777

jeffy777 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2010
    #48 jeffy777, Dec 21, 2011
    Which should I get: NOVA 2 from Gameloft or Dead Space from EA?

9. DodgerBlue016

Jun 25, 2011
    Here
    I'd say you have a tough choice. I'd say go with NOVA 2 if you can only get one and if you care about the multiplayer at all and play multiplayer a bunch. If you don't care about multiplayer and want a horror-shooter, get Dead Space. Personally I liked NOVA 2 better as a game though (and I love the multiplayer, especially Insta-gib mode, which is amazingly fun!)

10. jeffyg3

jeffyg3 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    #50 jeffyg3, Dec 21, 2011
    Well if you're more into multiplayer, then definitely get Nova 2...it's multiplayer is average, but at least it has multiplayer. If you want a great single player game that has an excellent ending and good for another replay, then definitely get Dead Space. The single player in Dead Space is Excellent, a game I would actually consider console quality, and FAR better than what you get with Nova 2's mediocre campaign.

11. jeffy777

jeffy777 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2010
    Thanks guys. I'll probably stick to single player.

12. Madman100

Jul 6, 2011
    Ur pretty much trolling GL for their freemium stuff. As I said, it's pointless, IMO, to completely boycott them for reaching out to a larger crowed.

I assumed your raging was based on the freemium model alone, sorry about that.

13. DodgerBlue016

Jun 25, 2011
    Here
    If you don't plan on playing multiplayer, Dead Space is your best bet. Personally I didn't like Dead Space (bet I'm the only one out there), but if you enjoy horror shooters, then it's a no-brainer. But if you have two dollars, get both!

14. AlienSEX

Apr 13, 2011
    Dude, u want the best evidence that Gameloft is ruining their own games and losing respect BIG TIME??
    Go check out their latest game Dungeon Hunter 3, it was released 4 days ago
    And now it has average rating of 2 stars!!! Lol!!
    DH, once a block buster franchise now ruined by IAP-wh0ring. My views have been vindicated.
    Go read the reviews at the appstore for DH3 man, then u can return & answer me again: does Gameloft care about their fans or care more about greedy cash! Lol!!!!!

15. dnk

dnk Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Absolutely Dead Space.

16. MrOstrich

MrOstrich Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2011
    Ehh, dont feel bad DS is a specific taste among even survival horror fans. My older brother and I love survival horror games, and so does a friend of mine and i'm the only one out of the 3 of us that can finish a DS game. They cant play for long without getting bored but agreeing that its objectively a good quality game (talking the consoles ones right now)

but uhhh...I guess if i'm gonna contribute to the sales discussion...I bought Gangstar...havent played it yet b ut i got sold on it by the San Andreas like leveling and upgrading

17. DodgerBlue016

Jun 25, 2011
    Here
    The only thing I can say "Good job Gameloft" to is that they'd DIDN'T pull DH2 (at least not yet.) That is at least a small step forward from the Let's Golf and BIA series' and NFL '11. Better than nothing, as far as that goes imo. [I hate the freemium myself, but I'm saying at least so far GL hasn't made the most annoying part of it happen yet]

18. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    Dead space unless you hate horror games . I am a huge fan of the ds franchise and I enjoyed the iOS ds a lot and found it to be in the spirit of the first console game , more horror than the action packed second console game .
    I bought N.O.V.A 2 cause of this sale and found it pretty bad . Awful graphics and totally linear , a very bad imitation of halo . The only gameloft fps worth buying is mc3 , their most high budget game , but it's expensive .

Anyway i also got 9mm and backlash from this sale and I am enjoying them
    way more than N.O.V.A 2 .

19. DodgerBlue016

Jun 25, 2011
    Here
    Wait, you thought NOVA 2 had bad graphics? Seriously? They're some of the better graphics you'll see anywhere on the app store (barring unity and unreal games probably among the best!).

20. Madman100

Jul 6, 2011
    @alienSEX, dude ur PMing me? U trolling me, bro?